QVC

Updated December 15, 2014
3.3

QVC President and CEO Mike George
Mike George

Pros
  • In terms of work/life balance, QVC is a great place to work (in 17 reviews)

• Great employee discount, nice work environment, friendly people (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Planning does a better job with work life balance initiatives than Merchandising does (in 14 reviews)

• 24/7 Schedule - expect to be asked to work holiday weekends, with nothing but a "thanks" (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Prepaid Risk

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Easy hire, not likely to be fired

Cons

Everyone has their own version of the policy

Get together and get on the same page

Not the worst but also not the best

Current Employee - IT Professional in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, Credit union on site. QVC Difference experience. Keeps up with the latest technologies. Great Development team (IT). Job stability

Cons

No room for growth. Came here with the expectations that QVC is big on career growth and promoting within - NOT TRUE! You don't get promoted unless you are favored - it doesn't matter how hard you work it goes unnoticed because you are not a fav. Only the favs get perks like working from home and promotions. A lot of favoritism.
    Pay is low compared to most IT Positions at other companies. No structure in IT. No appreciation to their teams and no trust. Managers don't know how to manage some do not even have IT backgrounds! I felt misled when I took this position. They rather invest in hiring contractors than to promote within and give the money to its current employees.
    Not recognition to employees for the hard work and hours put in. They expect you to do the next level's work or job but won't give you the promotion/title or the pay for the work your doing

Managers & supervisors should have to take the QVC difference at least once a year. Grow the company within rather than thinking hiring an outsider or an contractor is the solution. Make your employees feel valued and appreciated. STOP FORCE RANKING! Hire managers and supervisors that care about their teams. Promote from within! Pay attention to the Q perspectives and show us change!

Going downhill fast....

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The immediate people you interact with day to day are the best. The discount and the health benefits are great. Your going to need the health benefits once QVC get's done burning you out and discarding you.

Cons

Supervisors only care about making their bonus' and hitting their goals. They don't care about their people.

All employees should get stock in the company not just certain levels. We all work extremely hard to make billions of dollars for the stockholders.

Used to be great, not anymore.

Current Employee - IT PM in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - IT PM in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. Benefits used to be great but, now are just OK.

Cons

Unrealistic senior management. No bad news is allowed to be given, even if rtue. It all has to be sugar coated so nothing gets done about problems.

Treat empolyees with years of business knowledge respectfully. Stop pushing them out of the company.

Great place to work

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In terms of work/life balance, QVC is a great place to work. All 4 bosses I've had thus far are always accomodating in terms of time of off, working from home, etc. The culture is great and the people are for the most part easy to work with.

Cons

The pay is not the best, but I believe the work/life balance makes up for that. If you're looking for a place where you can work hard and really get ahead, this is probably not it. There's a great amount of red tape and resistance to change which is sometimes hard to deal with.

IT Audit

I worked at QVC full-time

Pros

Best culture you can will find, great people, work / life balance, and the flexibility to move around within the company

Cons

There are not too many cons

Great Company

Former Employee - Merchandising in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Merchandising in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Open culture, ethical, values, in a great location, employee discount is a plus.

Cons

Inconsistent evaluation process, lack of racial diversity, lack of mobility for minorities, lack of open honest communication

Improve racial diversity and improve open communication

miss working there

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, career growth, great culture, good leadership, great discount, company is on the rise

Cons

Difficult to get promoted at times. Need to be in the in crowd. Tend to under pay their employees

Horrible communication, was fired without notice

I worked at QVC

Pros

Flexible hours. Company store and many benefits.

Cons

Was told very little, all senior advisors were of little to no help. Everyone I talked to was nice to my face but did very little to help me. Did not tell me my employment was terminated, even though they claim to

Call your employees! Actually do your job.

It has its ups and downs, mostly downs

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You'll meet some very knowledgeable people.

Cons

Passive aggressive managers, poor pay, understaffed because managers get a bonus based on being under budget, Absolute loyalty is expected but not returned. Many bosses are moved into departments of which they know nothing. Promotions are more about sociability rather than competence.

You need to go back to the raise schedule before the recession. There is no incentive to shoot for an outstanding on your review when the best possible raise you can get is 3.5%. Newsflash, inflation is higher than that! Quit promoting idiots just because you like hanging out with them.

QVC Photos