QVC Reviews

Updated March 21, 2015
259 reviews filtered by

Great Company

I have been working at QVC

Pros

decent pay, good benefits, and good work life balance

Cons

No room for advancement, no direction

2. Nice Company

I worked at QVC

Pros

Beautiful campus, great benefits. Overall people are great.

Cons

Compensation is not that great – we had a flood of people leaving my department because of the low salaries. Conservative company.

Why/when did the values/ethics change?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of working for QVC would be the work/life balance. There is plenty of paid vacation and personal time to use throughout the year. They are willing to give other time off if needed.

Cons

I have always been taught - if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.

My advice to management or ERO would be to get both sides of a situation/story before it goes into a personal improvement plan/corrective action setting. Read the self input of employees that are being put on a PIP/CA and when the input (employee - manager) is polar opposite - find the root cause. Don't lose a dedicated/going above and beyond employee to ethical/core values not being followed by the management team.

You can do better else where

Current Employee - IT Professional in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and semi ok pay below average but not the worst

Cons

Favoritism!!
    IT group changing constantly and seems like no direction
    Senior management have no experience in their roles. No advancement unless you are favored. They will keep you in the same position/title for YEARS. They rely and invest in contractors off site more than their own employees. If you want to advance in your career do not come here. The young people around here are dropping like flies... I just witnessed a co worker today resign with a 2 week notice - she was rushed out of the building within hours! But since she wasn't favored they did not let her stay or even send out an email notifying the team of her resignation, very sad and she was so good at her job! And the only reason she left was because they would not advance her and hired someone outside that didn't even have 1/2 of her experience. It was upsetting to several co workers.!she was more appreciated and valued by other teams she worked with. The people on her direct team never cared for her. So many people took it bad but she couldn't even say good bye properly. This was sad and I have lost so much trust in this place and the people. I'm on my way out next I can do better else where-
    I have another co worker who was demoted from a supervisor role because she left out on short term disability. She came back to no team and no direction. She's miserable and begging for work praying she can keep her job. Also she is not a favorite. She had a heartattack for pete's sake!
    I'm actively looking- real advice if you work in IT - run from this place

Appreciate your current employees. Stop the favoritism. Stop saying you are big on internal growth when it does not work like that. Treat all people equal. Stop hiring directors and supervisors when they have NO experience in the role whatsoever... If 5 strong people left within 6months under a director when are you going to open up your eyes and see that something is not right with that picture!

6. Would like to better mysafe

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Florence, SC

I worked at QVC full-time

Pros

Forklift. .loud truck .stock .

Cons

Learn more trying to be a better person

Good work with people

Great company, great benefits, exciting work albeit hesitance of upper management to embrace new tech was a challenge

Former Employee - Multimedia Designer in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Multimedia Designer in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

World-class campus headquarters that features an inspiring group of colleagues
    Challenging yet rewarding workload
    Top-notch employee benefit package
    HR department is superior

Cons

Goal setting could've been more clear
    Organizational structure was relatively flat it seemed (and internal politics never help)

Vision is important for successful leadership however a more comprehensive set of goal posts might've been more helpful in guiding junior staff.

Watch your back

Current Employee - Applications Developer in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay can be good, and the company has been quite successful.

Cons

In certain areas (of IT), work/life balance is poor. Around the clock, and frequent on-call support is the norm, with no compensation. Resources are tight, and individuals are expected to deliver projects without having enough time, resources, or training. If they don't like you, they will fabricate negative reviews in order to terminate you, or force you to leave. Employees are rewarded on the basis of the number of (extra) hours spent working.

Manage resources and projects around facts (effort vs. resources and time), rather than arbitrary deadlines, to achieve better outcomes. Treat employees with respect. Spend more effort organizing and improving workflow processes, so things can be done more efficiently.

9. Great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Continued opportunities for growth if willing to change your schedule. Some of the supervisors are easy to work with and are willing to assist you in times of need. The facility is comfortable most of the time and the breaks are adequate. There are opportunities to make additional funds if willing to stay late. The insurance package was great. Better than the benefits I receive now.

Cons

Because it is a call center, you have to adhere to the schedule given, which sometimes interferes with certain aspects of life. Call volume is high. No bonuses offered.

10. Company was great

Former Employee - Apparel Picker
    Former Employee - Apparel Picker

I worked at QVC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people were friendly. Very helpful when you were unsure of things.

Cons

How the company went about certain things. Many things didnt go together.

Be more considerate of the employees instead of the numbers

11. so so

Former Employee - Packing Specialist in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Packing Specialist in Lancaster, PA

I worked at QVC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

benifets are goods for a private copany

Cons

it is always rush ,rush,rush

QVC Photos