QVC UK

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dermot Boyd

Lovely place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIt's like working a big family, everyone is really friendly. The benefits such as flexitime, good holiday, discount are all good.

ConsIt is difficult to get a personal pay review and progression within roles can be difficult, although opportunities arise throughout so you can move sideways.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt can be difficult to get any change for management but they do try to please where best they can.

Fun, Exciting, Great People - I've never worked so hard but I love my Job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsIt's like my work family, I come to work every day and it's as social as it is work (exept I work harder than I ever have) relationships are really important, we have some really smart people here who are amazingly creative. It is a great place to work and you can see people trying to make that happen every day.

ConsI wouldn't say there really are any, some may disagree but I don't see it. People say that there isn't so much career development but it's one of those things, you've got to want it - and go after it, it doesnt just happen to you!

Advice to Senior ManagementQVC is a great place to work but it could be so much more, when you look around the company, it is so creative and dynamic that it could be a Facebook or a Google environment, there are so many quirky people and the relationships that people have are just amazing

Perfect

Specialist (Former Employee) Kirkby, England (UK)

ProsThe people you work with help relieve the stressful of the working week

ConsVery family friendly with work balance for working parents. Perks with discount from other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication was very poor between team leaders. You learnt what was happening in your dept from other dept cause they got told in their heads up.if your face fitted with some team leaders you had no problem Rachel senior team leader was example of this

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Niche business with novel approach to retailing. Great place to learn and grow. Casual competitive and quirky.

London (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsMature business that sticks to it's knitting and performs well financially.
    The structure and hierarchy doesn't feel oppressive. Space to be yourself.
    Colleagues are genuine, helpful and fun to be around. Environment is lively.

A transition point is emerging that holds promise for a more creative future.

ConsStrategies are bland, uninspiring and require artificial spin to inject excitement.
    Entire business is prone to the complacency that follows success. Wedded to past glory days.
    People processes stem from 150 year old traditions rooted to manufacturing.

Maturity has set in resulting in slow growth and limited opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a pool of creative ideas clawing to get free. Do you think you have the talent to manage it? Go ahead make my day.

The People are fun but if you seek career development look elsewhere

Buyers Administrative (Former Employee)

ProsThe People, culture its fun. People even drink together.
    Depending on department access to great brands

ConsThey do not develop the best talent
    You have to fight for promotions and training.
    stuck on policy and procedure and not getting results in a timely manner for for change to happen

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your staff. Its the entry level roles supporting upper management making great things happen.

Quite good to begin with but over the past few years staff have grown disilusioned.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

ProsThe people you get to meet and work with are fantastic, not all of course but the majority of people are courtious toward one and other and help each other when they can.
    I think its all about the freindships and humour on the shop floor that make people enjoy working at QVC.

ConsThe downsides are pretty basic really and it stems from a few years ago when QVC management decided to make QVC a great place to work, it already was, the old adage "dont fix what is'nt broken" springs to mind but someone up there wanted to take credit for it.
    Then we where approached by management and told they where looking at the possibility of introducing a bonus system based on employees performances which would replace the present pdr system of a percentage payrise, we where told there would be a vote to see what the general consensus might be, this did not happen it was implemented, we where then told that the following year team leaders and management would follow suit, which also didnt happen.
    The thing is you see team leaders and managers continue to get payrises each year while the workforce continue to struggle, we just keep looking over our shoulder and seeing the governments minimum earnings level getting closer.
    Lets make this a great place to work, THE STAFF ALREADY HAVE.

Advice to Senior ManagementCant give them any advice, they wouldnt listen.

Qvc is becoming an increasingly negative place to work which is reinforced by the managers .

Processor (Current Employee)

ProsThe people who have lower grades make the place work well despite all the obstacles that are caused by poor management .

ConsThe management seem to drive straight up to problems an then think about taking avoidance action . Not the best strategy .

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent with the workers & adjust the pay structure back to pay rises similar to what managemant stiil enjoy.

Fine for a stop gap only!

Buyer's Assistant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsInteresting place to work
    Can move around in buying area

ConsSalary is low
    Pressure is high
    Can be long hours
    High turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove treatment of employees. Better performance related pay. Be more approachable. Review work loads instead of dumping it on lower level employees.

Worked for QVC UK? Contribute to the Community!