QinetiQ North America Reviews

174 reviews filtered by

1. Sr principal engineer

Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, reasonable benefits, products that save lives - important stuff!

Cons

Market downturn severely impacting this business. Growth will take a new look at what you can do. If a recurring revenue stream cannot be found - sell what you can.

Look to other markets but preserve FMI legacy. It will come back.

2. No wonder they got sold.

Current Employee - Avionics Systems Engineer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Avionics Systems Engineer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work load isn't bad anymore, but..... See cons.

Cons

Horrible benefits. The benefits and pay raises are based on program not company. I do not get the same benefits as does those on other contracts within the same company. It's likely the next contract in my area will be worse.

This is just a job shop. The management know nothing about the technical side of the business.

Clear out the dead weight and promote the best employees otherwise there won't be a company.

3. The bus they threw me under left tire marks.

Former Employee - Analyst IV in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Analyst IV in Huntsville, AL

I worked at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

About the only "pro" (if you can call it that) to working for QNA is that you can share by on a minimum amount of work if you want to. If you're related to someone in your leadership (sic) structure, you'll do OK.

Cons

Used to be a good company to work for. Quickly went downhill. Benefits got slashed, morale took a dive, and promotions and raises became rare as hen's teeth. Yet somehow, after saying there's no money for raises, they hire half a dozen bodies to occupy seats. Half my leads spent their day either running their own side businesses or hawking their religion books. If you're an enthusiastic, hard working engineer wanting a challenging, rewarding career, look somewhere else.

Follow Michael Dell's advice to Steve Jobs: shut it down and give the money back to the stockholders. That might be the only thing that you'll have done right in a long time.

5. Not the worst place to work, but upper management won't be able to sustain the company long term

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Was pretty laid back work environment, coworkers were great.

Cons

Not many perks, mediocre benefits, not much future for the company unless they make a drastic change.

6. I had virtually no interface with QinetiQ only with the customer we supported

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and usually annual bonus. However, in 2013 annual merit pay was not given company wide.

Cons

No personal growth. I enrolled into ITT Tech and had to drop out because my work took over my evening hours.

7. New management failed to understand the business

I worked at QinetiQ North America

Pros

Not any till new management knows what they are doing. New management in place, but their challenge is to identify and execute on a growth strategy.

Cons

Stay away. The military business is on a downward trend, new product pipeline is non existent. Business components being split to sell.

8. Lead Data Entry Clerk

Former Employee - Lead Data Entry Operator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Data Entry Operator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment liked people I worked .

Cons

Good pay and benefits were fantastic.

9. Great Company

Current Employee - Science and Technology in Quantico, VA
    Current Employee - Science and Technology in Quantico, VA

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent folks work at QNA and everyone works as a team no matter the challenge.

Cons

QNA is excellent large company and the focus of DoD is small companies.

Continue your dedicated work.

10. Poor contract management at NASA - KSC, FL

Current Employee - Program Manager of Craft Labor in Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Current Employee - Program Manager of Craft Labor in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was working on the road for three (3) years the employment at home is making it manageable.

Cons

Poor upper management, poor procurement and contract management.

Total replacement of key personnel in the above-mentioned categories.

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes?

Current Employee - Veteran Software Developer/Architect in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Veteran Software Developer/Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at QinetiQ North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Solid personal leave (up to 5 weeks for those with 10+ years experience) and benefits (still have 401(k) match.)
    - Mid-level management does seem to care about the welfare of those they supervise.
    - Like most larger companies, your experience depends greatly upon your customer/project. I've had some very good customers (Federal Civilian), so I've had some great work experiences. I've been here over 10 years.
    - Some decent training opportunities if you keep your eye out for them and it works out well with your customer. You can get reimbursed for non-degree programs and conferences/symposiums.
    - Given the tight constraints of the past year (Fed Gov shutdown, sequester, etc.), the company was pretty reasonable to employees.

Cons

- Uncertainty of what will happen to benefits with the upcoming acquisition by the The SI Group of the Services Group. Could be a reduction of two weeks of vacation time for those with 10-15 years of experience. Other benefits TBD. That will drive those with marketable skills out the door. But it may not matter to SI's business model.
    - Like just about any Federal Government Contractor, raises are minimal once you are an employee. Job hopping for the right position is what advances your salary in this field.
    - There was a compensation freeze during the past year, but that is supposed to be lifted.
    - HR and other centralized management functions haven't been the most efficient. The annual review system isn't the greatest. Recruiting is weak.
    - For a company of it's size, it's development of new technical solutions is dis-jointed and not the most innovative (Services Group.)

Good luck. There will likely be a lot of consolidation and you'll be fighting for your jobs or dealing with unrealistic constraints.

QinetiQ North America Photos

Shared cake in the kitchen
Technology