Qlik Reviews

Reset
3.7
Qlik President, CEO, and Director Lars Björk
Lars Björk

Pros
  • Relaxed attitude and decent work-life balance encouraged; good benefits (in 3 reviews)

• The product is second to none - simple, powerful and works as advertised (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • They blame everything on growing pains and brag how they learned everything they know from Larry (in 2 reviews)

• Poor sales management at the top level in the U (in 2 reviews)

1. One of the best companies to work for

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quality of people, Matrix approach to management, strong leadership, this product in the industry, makes it easy to sell, makes it easy to keep customers happy.

Cons

Difficult to advance professionally because of how the organization is structured, Plus some level of politics. Positions of leadership are hired from outside, usually from previous acquaintances and usually not advertised internally.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunity for career advancement. Promote from within.

Qlik is Fast Growing High-Tech Company with Awesome Culture

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Qlik (More than a year)

Pros

Qlik is fast growing high-tech company with an amazing culture. The company was started in Sweden 20 years ago and although it is now HQ-ed in US and listed on the NASDAQ, it preserved its Swedish soul. As part of new employee orientation every employee is sent to a week of training in Sweden called the Qlik academy, which is really awesome experience. Qlik is the market leader in the Visual Analytics Platform market and its customers LOVE Qlik's products. As such the expectations are high and everything moves quickly. The company is growing very quickly (20-30% per year) and there are many opportunities for professional growth. As a sales professional Qlik is an awesome place to be. The company is investing in product development, marketing and sales and the market is reacting very positively. Qlik's products make big impact on business, and we have a great story that resonates well with our current and future customers.

Cons

As a software company Qlik is high paste environment and everything will be moving very fast. There is a lot of competition and noise in the market. Therefore to succeed you need to be highly motivated to learn, compete and face challenging situations.

3. Disorganized leadership

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

There are good and friendly co-workers, and an international yearly company retreat. International presence ensures you get to work with a diverse group of people.

Cons

New management trying hard to impress and coming off as desperate. The feel of the company has changed over the years to where we employees are more a number on a spreadsheet than a person on the team.

Advice to Management

keep things human. Make sure the work experience at Qlik makes the employees feel more like a family than individuals only looking out for themselves.

5. Qlik BI

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Pros

Great place to work, Get to learn more about BI industry

Cons

Management is not responsive quick change in market enviornment

Awesome experience

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and product. Atmosphere and enablement are great to be a part of. Swedish soul

Cons

Grew so fast people are promoted based on need rather than qualifications

Advice to Management

Think big

Great company, great culture, great products

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Qlik full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Qlik goes out of their way to make sure that they hire the right people. The interview process is extensive and all who you interface with are up front about the company. Many people have been here for a long time, and have taken on different roles over time so growth, promotion and just trying new things is all accepted at Qlik. You can't find a better group of people to work with and for.

Cons

Typical rapidly growing technology company that needs to take the time to put process in place for repeatable success.

Advice to Management

As the company grows and prospers, keep much of what made us Qlik in place going forward. Having Management fully accessible is a great plus for Qlik. We want our employees to still bleed Qlik green!

8. Excellent

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, MO

Pros

Training, great atmosphere, good salary and benefits.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work.

Great Company for Some People

I worked at Qlik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent product Very smart and hard working colleagues Decent compensation, especially with stock options In general the time I spent there was fun. I worked very hard but felt I was fairly rewarded

Cons

The only downside I saw was the company has been growing very fast and turned into another Cognos or Oracle, but I guess that's just the way it is. There are more processes in place and everything takes longer to do. More importantly, I used to know most people in the company but obviously that's not the case anymore. With that "family like" feeling gone I decided to move on.

Advice to Management

I am sure I am just stating the obvious but please focus more on sales execution and product innovation more. The delay of Qlik Sense was a major mis-step but I am glad that's behind us. Now it's time to figure out how to sell Qlik Sense.

Best company that I have worked for so far!

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom to do what you think is right and the team overall is very passionate about the products. For a software company, it is refreshing to work where the CTO actually uses the product daily for work and personal use. There is room for failure as long as we are trying to improve and learn.

Cons

The company is heavily decentralized. Even with all of the latest technology, face-to-face meetings may mean a lot of travel. It will depend on your role. There is a lot of change of happening which isn't a negative really but something to realize when joining the company.

Advice to Management

The culture is really good and there needs to be a constant attention to it as the company grows and expands. Being responsive to a growing company can be more difficult unless everyone at the company understands that they can take responsibility on their own.

11. Recommend

Pros

Qlik is a great place to work

Cons

I have nothing to point out on cons

RSS Feed </> Embed