Qlik Reviews

Reset
3.8
Qlik President, CEO, and Director Lars Björk
Lars Björk

Pros
  • Relaxed attitude and decent work-life balance encouraged; good benefits (in 3 reviews)

• The product is second to none - simple, powerful and works as advertised (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • They blame everything on growing pains and brag how they learned everything they know from Larry (in 2 reviews)

• Poor sales management at the top level in the U (in 2 reviews)

Awesome experience

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and product. Atmosphere and enablement are great to be a part of. Swedish soul

Cons

Grew so fast people are promoted based on need rather than qualifications

Advice to Management

Think big

2. Qlik BI

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Qlik

Pros

Great place to work, Get to learn more about BI industry

Cons

Management is not responsive quick change in market enviornment

Great company, great culture, great products

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Qlik full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Qlik goes out of their way to make sure that they hire the right people. The interview process is extensive and all who you interface with are up front about the company. Many people have been here for a long time, and have taken on different roles over time so growth, promotion and just trying new things is all accepted at Qlik. You can't find a better group of people to work with and for.

Cons

Typical rapidly growing technology company that needs to take the time to put process in place for repeatable success.

Advice to Management

As the company grows and prospers, keep much of what made us Qlik in place going forward. Having Management fully accessible is a great plus for Qlik. We want our employees to still bleed Qlik green!

5. Excellent

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, MO

I have been working at Qlik

Pros

Training, great atmosphere, good salary and benefits.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work.

Great Company for Some People

I worked at Qlik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent product Very smart and hard working colleagues Decent compensation, especially with stock options In general the time I spent there was fun. I worked very hard but felt I was fairly rewarded

Cons

The only downside I saw was the company has been growing very fast and turned into another Cognos or Oracle, but I guess that's just the way it is. There are more processes in place and everything takes longer to do. More importantly, I used to know most people in the company but obviously that's not the case anymore. With that "family like" feeling gone I decided to move on.

Advice to Management

I am sure I am just stating the obvious but please focus more on sales execution and product innovation more. The delay of Qlik Sense was a major mis-step but I am glad that's behind us. Now it's time to figure out how to sell Qlik Sense.

Best company that I have worked for so far!

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom to do what you think is right and the team overall is very passionate about the products. For a software company, it is refreshing to work where the CTO actually uses the product daily for work and personal use. There is room for failure as long as we are trying to improve and learn.

Cons

The company is heavily decentralized. Even with all of the latest technology, face-to-face meetings may mean a lot of travel. It will depend on your role. There is a lot of change of happening which isn't a negative really but something to realize when joining the company.

Advice to Management

The culture is really good and there needs to be a constant attention to it as the company grows and expands. Being responsive to a growing company can be more difficult unless everyone at the company understands that they can take responsibility on their own.

8. Recommend

I worked at Qlik

Pros

Qlik is a great place to work

Cons

I have nothing to point out on cons

9. Nice place to work

Former Employee - Legal Counsel in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Legal Counsel in Radnor, PA

I worked at Qlik part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Breakfast swedish "bread" and cheese daily, annual employee retreat, receptive to new ideas

Cons

Very inefficient in some areas

Advice to Management

Re-examine the contributions of some of your employees, can do better

Toxic

I worked at Qlik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The software is just awesome and has a very powerful engine that flat out works. Huge potential in the product. A big plus is the $15 Million dollar Boondoggle that the company takes every single employee to each year. This last year Cancun, crazy for a public company but fun for the average worker at shareholder expense.

Cons

The Swedes are probably kicking themselves for moving the HQ to the US. The clowns that run the company out of the Philly area don't have a clue. It's the most toxic sales culture I've ever seen. The nepotism runs wild there. The multiple layers of management have no leadership skills, they simply micro-manage deals in Salesforce like they have nothing better to do. They are not taking market share but only getting what the market gives them. The partner network is huge but again like most things at Qlik mismanaged and out of control.

Advice to Management

The CEO is either asleep at the wheel or part of the whole mess. Most of the sales management needs to be fired, starting right at the top.

Great Product - Worst Sales Management

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing Product - very forward thinking - innovation is high- looking beyond the now to the future. Starting to make acquisitions to fill gaps If we could just fire the leadership we'd be killing it - great people work here but they all are giving up and moving on Customers are awesome they love the product - shield them from executives and they are happy

Cons

Comp plans are ok if you're making your number. Less than 20% are making their number. Most are at 50% of plan or less Marketing - There is none - there's supposed to be a grand new plan but it never materializes - We were leaders in our space now people think we've gone out of business because we don't do any marketing Employee annual review process poor- allocation of annual merit payments is arbitrary - if you're one of the favorites your fine Americas sales management leadership is terrible - Oracle old boys club- if you're not one you're not part of the team - and not getting promoted Turn over is huge and HR does nothing to change that - they are all part of the network supporting the bad leadership The board is taking too long to take action.

Advice to Management

Leave now so we can be a great company again - you are killing Qlik - go back to Oracle where you belong To the Board : please demand change now before its too late we love Qlik and want to stay but enough is enough.

RSS Feed </> Embed