Qlik Reviews

Qlik President, CEO, and Director Lars Björk
Lars Björk

Great

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

people, building,fun,product and work life balance .................

Cons

growing to fast apart from that not many cons to be honest

keep lower management in sight

An outstanding team based company with dedicated managers.

Current Employee - TSE  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - TSE in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are always pushing you to succeed so that you grow to be all that you can be. They are some of the most kind and patient people I have ever worked with.

Cons

They are always pushing you to succeed so that sometimes you are drinking from a fire hose. This is only a "CON" in that there is a lot to learn, and I had to put something in this space ...

Keep doing what you do, we will catch up ...

A good company to work for.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

QlikTech values its employees and treats them well. It has a set of corporate values that are continually emphasized, and this creates cohesion in the corporate culture. The R&D department (i.e. software engineering) is growing, and seems to have a continual improvement process in place, i.e. it learns from its mistakes and improves its process.

Cons

No significant cons experienced during my employment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company, highly recommend

Current Employee - Sales Productivity Manager  in  Winnersh, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Productivity Manager in Winnersh, England (UK)

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than a year

Pros

Constant 20%+ growth year on year = bonuses / incentives / commission being paid. Constantly seeking creative ways of incentivising Sales teams. Know any other companies with double digit revenue growth?

Incredible product - QlikView - with a new, even better version, being released in 2014. We use it to run the company - it's the most amazing tool to use. We use it with SFDC - genuine use of CRM - I've never seen this anywhere else and it's superb. Never use SFDC without QlikView - seriously!!

Fantastic leadership - genuinely open door, compelling, passionate, creative, knowledgeable - you always feel you learn something from them, and they are impressive in presentations and in front of customers you actually feel proud of them. Inspirational!

Wonderful colleagues - everyone collaborates brilliantly - it's all part of the culture - if it needs to happen they will make it happen - ask anyone for help and it's there in an instant

Annual Summit - every employee is taken to a sunny resort for 5 days of annual kickoff, including networking, communication of last year's achievements and the next year's objectives. The most amazing corporate experience - you come away fully understanding the company's strategy for the next year, including who is doing what to achieve it. Outstanding!

Cons

No downsides for me - but be aware that this company moves at a super-fast rate - this type of entrepreneurial environment isn't for everyone. If you moved from a large company where there's always a big team behind you to do what you tell them then realise this is very different. You have to get your hands dirty. If you identify a problem then you need to identify the resolution too - it may well be that someone's already working on it, or has already taken ownership, but if not you need to get on with it. And you will be totally supported - but it's not for everyone - especially if they like to sit on the bridge and command the folks below ...

Keep at it. You're doing a fantastic job.

QlikTech an amazing comapny

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company values and the attitude towards the employees. Yearly employee summit that everyone attends, not just sales. Multiple programs for employees to help their communities.

Cons

No employee stock purchase plan with limited opportunities to earn stock. No international user group.

Create an employee stock purchase plan. Your employees will definitely invest in the company

Many great changes for the better

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

I have the opportunity to regularly interact with both senior management and individual contributors across the company and while I can understand some of the frustrations others have expressed, I can say for certain that senior management knows what's going on and has done a great job of adjusting the company to growing pains. From my perspective, this is the least political company I've worked at. People are truly helpful and responsive and if you take some effort to get to know them you'll find open doors. The team atmosphere is second to none and I completely disagree with people who say it feels like a cult. A cult is where people unquestioningly follow a charismatic leader. QlikView is the furthest from that. Differences of opinion is encouraged and doesn't result in career damage.

Cons

Meeting space and office space is at a premium but they are working hard to remedy that.
    Could we all get ultrabooks for our next laptop?

Keep up the good work, keep listening to employees and customers.

Great Place To Work

I have been working at Qlik

Pros

Great collaborative environment. Great team! Visibility into the strategy, participation in key strategic initiatives.

Cons

Work load is very high.

Awesome products, fast-moving, smart and capable

Current Employee - Curriculum Architect  in  Medina, OH
    Current Employee - Curriculum Architect in Medina, OH

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great product, great culture, energetic. Goal oriented and driven.

Cons

Work-life balance is a little out of whack. People work very hard and long and most travel frequently.

Once a brilliant place to work, now weighed down by incompetent middle management

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The product is second to none - simple, powerful and works as advertised.
    Great corporate culture - open & straightforward, move fast, challenge and take responsibility.
    CEO, COO, CTO and other older management actually live by these values.
    Vision executed to perfection - from startup to IPO to industry leader.

Cons

New management jumped on the the gravy train and only pay lip service to corporate values.
    Too many middle managers with randomly generated job titles justifying their existence creating unproductive work for others - endless powerpoint and meetings culture creeping in.
    Not enough perks or opportunities outside US or Europe - poorly run offices, unskilled sales teams,...
    Product vision unclear - all the focus is on one competitor

Maintenance revenue is being ignored - hire sales teams to fill this gap.
    Take charge of HR and get rid of unproductive management and titles - what is a Senior Business Expert? How can someone teach other how to sell when they've never sold anything before?
    Embrace the changing customer buying models - subscription, cloud,...

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many talented people work here which can make things intense because you're always pushed to achieve. Management cares about morale as reflected in their annual company wide event. QlikTech lives its corporate vales.

Cons

Need to protect against burn-out. More help, resources and time to strategize would push things to the next level.

Worked for Qlik? Contribute to the Community!