QuEST Global
www.quest-global.com Singapore, Singapore 1000 to 5000 Employees

QuEST Global Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Ajit Prabhu

Pros:
  • "entry level is fine to meet other companies"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Work-life balance is great, hours are flexible"
    in 2 reviews
Cons:
  • "Promotion of incompetent engineers to team leads/project managers"
    in 5 reviews
  • "No paid Holidays and to many days off"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Terrible place to work. No training or growth opportunities.

Project Integration Engineer (Former Employee)
    East Hartford, CT

ProsIf you are an entry level engineer, you don't know any better so it's ok. But soon they realize that they will get stuck. Leave before it's too late is my advise

ConsEverything. Management, terrible micromanagers, and no insight into where company will go. Work is unbelievably boring. They are pretty much a company that contracts work for Pratt and Whitney. Pratt and Whitney is a also a terrible company, everyone there themselves am hate each other. Everyone is very rude about everything. One manager in particular should have never been employed, she has no skill or background for leading a good team. This place is a revolving door, people in and out, when I got there, in the first 6 months 3 people left my time, new ones got hired, and within a year they left too. Lots of turn over. No money or bonuses to spend on anything. Every hour is scrutinized as far as what you are working on, and all the work is totally dependent on the what the departments in those companies give you. It's all the work they don't want to do, it's very clerical, lots of copying and pasting, very little technical growth or experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new people. It's a toxic work environment. There are no happy employees there despite some of the good reviews. Work at your own risk, I wouldn't be surprised if this place shuts down soon, PW already gives away work to better outsourcing companies all the time.

Good to start a new career

Prosentry level is fine to meet other companies

ConsNo growth and few benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementMore benefits, holidays paid, and bonus.

Project Engineer

ProsLots of different opportunities. Will not keep employees on job they are dissatisfied with

ConsLow pay, contractors have hands tied

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer career growth to best performers

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Repetitive work. A lot of copying and pasting in the beginning phases.

Supplier Performance Analyst (Current Employee)
    East Hartford, CT

ProsOpen environment, everyone is very friendly. The work hours are very flexible. Most positions are hourly, therefore you can only work 40 hours a week.

ConsRepetitive and tedious work. Constantly have to ask for work, on a daily basis. Other employees are nosey and very invasive. Unprofessional work environment at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more work to delegate to your team members.

electrical engineer

Prosnone very very bad place to work for

Conseverything is wrong about this place

Great People, Excellent Company

East Hartford, CT

ProsColleagues are great - some of the best people with whom I have ever worked.
    Flexible work schedules.
    Excellent environment for learning.
    Smaller company with the agility to adapt to changing market requirements.

ConsAtmosphere of virtually constant change is not good for every personality. It can be a bit overwhelming at times.
    QuEST has not quite mastered global synergy yet. They are progressing to it, but there is still a lot of disconnect and communication issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive global communication and accessibility. It is often difficult to know who or what department that certain questions should be directed.

Simply the worst company I have ever worked for.

Professional Screen Starer (Current Employee)
    East Hartford, CT

ProsThe fabulous company of QuEST (which you are required to spell it that way) has some great things going for it. Let me list them for you...
    1. .....
    2. I guess its a Pro for QuEST that I can't give this less than 1 star?

ConsThis is basically reversed outsourcing. The company is based in India and employs everyone with an "entry-level" feel, regardless of your experience. You are the experienced engineers hired to work for "multiple government contracts" which translates to you are underpaid engineers hired to work for one company (Pratt & Whitney) who doesn't actually want you to do the work for them in the first place, has no interest in upgrading anything to a somewhat modern era and will roadblock you whenever possible just so they do not have to deal with you.

During your interview (which you will realize eventually that you likely did not actually apply here), you will be promised all the things you want out of a company with none of it coming to fruition. Close knit peers that are more like family, frequent company outings and gatherings, community projects, challenging work that changes day to day, benefits that are worth staying alive for...

It boils down to this. The general attitude of the majority of the people there, specifically the management and the "team leads" feels like high school complete with favoritism, cliques, grudges based on accusations, the silent treatment because you disagreed with something said... just real good times.

NONE of the Team Leads have any management experience and most do not carry any degree in engineering. I am all for having someone lead because of the experience they have but these people do not have it.

The leads are all best friends. You can expect to see most of them standing around chatting with their favorites for quite a large amount of their day. I used to enjoy timing my team lead to see how long she would spend talking to her friend each morning. It added up to about 10 hours a week. From what I learned, the real purpose of becoming a Team Lead is so that you no longer have to actually do any work other than approve time cards... which my lead eventually stopped doing that too.

You will not be appreciated for your skills and knowledge.
    You will not be compensated well for what you do.
    You will be a glorified data entry person
    You will be offered the worst benefits in the country.
    You will be lied to about how the benefits work.
    You will be held responsible for making the annual quota of work orders (which I was told at the beginning was the job of the Team Lead... but when 60% did not renew their Statement's of Work, it was the employee's fault.)
    Pray you do not need special software to do your job. You will have the opportunity to do nothing for months while the order is approved, re-approved, denied, re-submitted, not-delivered, forgotten and someday, maybe... installed.

Seriously though... it's just like high school. The instant one of the leads does not like you for any reason, you might as well quit because they will work together to make your life there a living hell until they fire you or you quit.

Do yourself a favor, whether you are looking to work here or you are already employed, just walk out and find a company that will actually appreciate you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the badge swipes and hours charged of your managers and team leads instead of just the employees.

Consider making someone with actual management experience and more than a year's time with the company a team lead.

The quickest way to lose all respect is to have the argument "you're lying" loud enough for the room to hear. We are all adults here. Well... most of us anyway. I think we are past lying over petty things.

Not everything will go your way all the time. Learn this.

Best case scenario, you're always at Pratt and Whitney, worst case you're just doing data entry until you're SOW drys up

Engineer (Former Employee)
    East Hartford, CT

ProsMinimal technical knowledge required. (Basic Excel knowledge)
    Flexible work schedule if your SOW permits.
    Free tea and coffee.
    Lots of downtime depending on SOW.

ConsLimited internal career growth.
    Limited external career growth.
    Lower than average industry pay.
    Bad Vacation/Holiday time. (PTO system)
    Outsourced HR activities.
    Benefits might be there (401k ect.) but they're negligible.
    No Cafeteria.
    Bad Bathrooms.
    Very stratified work environment.
    Poor understanding of customer expectations.
    No engineering content.
    You have to file for unemployment during customer shut downs which occurs annually.

Advice to Senior ManagementOther companies think Quest has poor quality employees because Quest has to quickly hires a lot of poor quality employees due to high turnover rates because people leave. In all directions more has been promised than provided. This is not good.

Unappreciated

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
    East Hartford, CT

ProsThe company offers good flexibility of work schedule

ConsWorkrate fluctuates greatly - management unprepared to adapt to this and unwilling to provide non-billable work to make up for it.

Vacation extremely minimal (1 day for new hires, 8 after 3 years service) - shared with sick time

Training for new tasks and new hires extremely disorganized and confusing

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on improving training

Offer competitive benefits and pay rates

Good opportunity for entry level engineer

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
    East Hartford, CT

ProsIt is a good chance to work with customer on their project, and you might see top technology in the industry.
    This might be a good start for a entry level engineer.

ConsI don't feel like this is a long term career.

Worked for QuEST Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QuEST Global reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for QuEST Global CEO Ajit Prabhu. All 76 reviews posted anonymously by QuEST Global employees.