QuEST Global Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
129 reviews filtered by
2.5
Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Flexible work hours, Medical, dental and vision plans decently priced for value (in 7 reviews)

• technical knowledge is plenty and opportunities to learn are more (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You're handed work to do but upper management doesn't understand the work scope (in 7 reviews)

• Team leads have degrees in political science and other non-engineering degrees (in 7 reviews)

1. Opportunity to create lasting value

Current Employee - Program Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Program Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Co workers are very sharp people. From engineer to executive, the team is clean, deliberate and successful.
     A model for a successful engineering services firm.

Cons

Too much competition in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Rapid successful growth has created growing pains throughout the back office support organizations. Correct the issues before it is too late.

Project Engineer

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1.The Best reason to work here is to get the so called experience you normally need when job hunting .
    2. Medical insurance

Cons

1.No room for growth.
    2. Terrible pay. in 3 years my total raise is 56 cents
    3.HR is never available when things go wrong
    4.This is not an Engineering Job as they make it seems . You are more like an engineer's personal secretary.
    5. Friends hire friends mostly

Advice to Management

1.Stop forming cliques.
    2. Go by the rules when promoting and stop promoting only your friends
    3. Get to know all members of your team and not only the selective few
    4. Stop placing workers on a project without proper training
    5. Give better raises
    6. Stop giving awards to your friends
    7. $25 bonus on our pay check which is taxable is not enough for " a job well done" I would rather get a certificate.
    4. Keep one and one meetings more often with your team members

Project Engineering

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relax environment
    8 hrs a day, with core hours being 9-4pm.
    Good team

Cons

Low salary
    Get moved around from one project to next
    Troubleshooters for UTAS

5. Excellent Company for Career Progression

Current Employee - Program Manager in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my time working at QuEST I was able to transition into several technical and managerial roles and see where I best fit into the company.
    Coming into QuEST, there were immense growth opportunities, but you need to want them and work hard to get them, which I think should be an expectation with any company. The amount of growth QuEST has experienced is incredible, exciting, and looks promising for those who are geographically flexible or want to contribute to a growing organization where your opinion can make a huge impact.
    QuEST has some of the best people I've ever worked with. I've learned and grown so much professionally since my tenure here.

Cons

There is a lot of change in QuEST. If you are unable to manage and handle change well, then QuEST may not be the best fit for you.
    Understanding and adapting to QuEST's culture is difficult for those who have a corporate mindset. QuEST culture focuses on work-life balance, variety of workload, and adaptability. While I prefer this, some may not.

Advice to Management

Compensation and benefits have undergone a vast improvement, but management should focus on extending the longevity of tenured employees and finding ways to grow, mentor, and keep them longer. Employees who go above and beyond for the company should be recognized, rewarded, and compensated accordingly.

6. Senior Officer

Current Employee - Senior Officer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Officer in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Excellent company to work with I am working in this company from past 4 years

Cons

I am not found any kind of cons so for in my this four years of work experience in this company.

Terrible

Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Before i start I would like to clarify that I am in the engineering group, not project engineering. So I work for the suposedly "good" department. The only reason to work here is to get a starting job if you can't find one anywhere else. The work life balance is OK because everyone just does whatever they want and management doesn't care.

Cons

Everything. The pay is bad. Benefits are terrible compared to other engineering companies. No training. Don't get a job here unless the only other option is homelessness.

Advice to Management

Stop. If one of your recommendations on how to fix low morale is to "delay information flow" (yes that was a bullet point on the management meeting slides) then that's just insane. And invest in your employees. There's a reason everyone is leaving.

8. This is a good company to join!

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Very competitive salary, benefits package and unlimited potential. I have the ability to climb the corporate ladder! My boss is consistently asking me...what do you need from me. He wants me to succeed and it is very obvious he genuinely means it! He lets me know I add value to the company and wants me to be happy and successful. No micro management. I feel like an adult working here.

Cons

I don't know necessarily count this as a negative. The company is growing and change is a part of growth.

Advice to Management

Benchmark vacation or PTO with other "large" corporations.

Not for the career oriented or highly motivated...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

I worked at QuEST Global

Pros

Flexible work schedule, and rewarding customer relationships.

Cons

There is a serious lack of professionalism and maturity, unlike any other office environment I have been a part of. There is minimal to no training for every position within the company, which leads to a lot of poor job execution.... this extends to management, HR, engineers, etc. The company does not invest in their employees in any significant way, which leads to high turnover and low moral. Compensation is much lower than the industry standard, and the raises are insulting. Due to these less than ideal conditions, the company only retains less than ideal employees.

Advice to Management

I would advise upper management to take a serious look at why people are leaving left and right, and adjust accordingly. The company is Indian-based and that culture dictates policies in the United States, which doesn't fly here. The compensation and benefits packages need to be improved, they are not competitive. It's easy for employees to find better opportunities, because the company offers so little. The metrics set by upper management are unrealistic, and cause management to make unethical and unwise decisions in order to try and meet them. There seems to be no effort put towards retaining tenured and experienced employees. Whether you work hard or slack off, the recognition is the same, so there is really no point in going above in beyond. If management worked harder to reward valuable employees, they might have a better chance of keeping them.

10. Make do with less

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For Project Engineering, only an A.S. is required. For CAE, it's a decent entry level engineering job
    Flexible work schedule
    I've met a lot of great people there
    You get face-time with customers who may eventually hire you themselves

Cons

Expect to make 1/2-2/3 market rate for the same work. Less if you're a woman.
    The PTO policy is awful. Fixed paid holidays, plus 2 floaters. No sick time (though your floating holidays can be used for sick time)
    The nature of the business makes it difficult to maintain a consistent workload unless you have a varied skill-set and can get shifted from project to project
    They keep hiring in more layers of management. I have no idea what they do, aside from pressuring everyone below them to meet unrealistic growth targets

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy. Set realistic contribution targets so that your employees, who bust their rumps all year long to line your pockets, can actually reap their meager rewards at the end of the year. Easier targets will also help with organic growth, believe it or not!
    Get a sales team who does their job.
    Take the time to invest in people who can benefit the company long-term, instead of burning them out so they leave.
    Hire more support structure (like finance people and HR).

11. Financial Analyst

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Good for experience and growth

Cons

There are Some slow days

Advice to Management

more vacations