QuEST Global Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.0
Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule if your SOW permits (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance is great, hours are flexible (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management takes long time to make decisions (in 7 reviews)

• If you want to move up you had better be able to bend over and take it becasue the team leads and group leads will make you do all their work (in 7 reviews)

Is this experience really worth it?

Former Employee - Structural Analysis Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Structural Analysis Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are good people here that will love to help you learn and gain valuable knowledge- that is the one redeeming quality this place has.

Cons

I agree with things that people have said before, bad compensation, bad management, horrible HR, etc etc. What finally got to me after being here for a year is that they will absolutely take advantage of new grads like me. You get task A and you have X amount of hours to complete it. If you finish this task in less than the amount of hours it was quoted for- you get a pat on the back. However a lot of the times, due to things that may be completely out of your hands you go over on that task. However, management is so out of touch that they sometimes lose sight of how long these tasks actually take to complete. Never mind the fact that you may have put in the extra hours (pro bono) late into the evenings and the weekends to try to complete the task. That all goes out the window. In the end your customer may decide they actually wanted the task done this way instead- and you are stuck trying to make the customer happy. Its very soul crushing work, and no kid went into engineering school dreaming about working for an outsourcing company doing grunt work. If you are not able to find work then its fine to start with, but I would absolutely move on as soon as possible.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves

Go Elsewhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a job. That is the extend of pros.

Cons

You will never ever speak to HR. They do not have a phone # for a reason. They have messed up numerous paychecks and always blame the employee, and never apologize. Their benefits are a joke and Aetna is the worst insurance carrier EVER! They find a way to screw you at every turn. To Quest, we are 2nd class citizens, and they could not care less if we complain. By far, they have the least concern for their employees than I've ever seen at another company. Their processes and policies change constantly to better suit themselves, forever ticking off their employees. There is occasionally room for advancement but since their policies change so frequently I have been stuck in the same position, with the same pay, with additional managerial responsibilities for several years. When I question these processes I get the same runaround that they will look into it; but they never do.

Advice to Management

Get a direct line for the Human Resources Department. Fire ever person there, start over, and actually train them - properly. Tell upper management to get off their high horses and give a crap about their employees or they will all leave. EVERYONE I know is currently looking for a new job.

Horrible!

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, you can come in early and leave early. This depending on your team lead and he allows it of course.

Cons

Everything beside the pro. There is no structure. The only way not to get screwed over is if you have the right friends. Aka. Management.

Advice to Management

Needs to be completely reformed. Blatant display of favoritism.

Project Engineer

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1.The Best reason to work here is to get the so called experience you normally need when job hunting . 2. Medical insurance

Cons

1.No room for growth. 2. Terrible pay. in 3 years my total raise is 56 cents 3.HR is never available when things go wrong 4.This is not an Engineering Job as they make it seems . You are more like an engineer's personal secretary. 5. Friends hire friends mostly

Advice to Management

1.Stop forming cliques. 2. Go by the rules when promoting and stop promoting only your friends 3. Get to know all members of your team and not only the selective few 4. Stop placing workers on a project without proper training 5. Give better raises 6. Stop giving awards to your friends 7. $25 bonus on our pay check which is taxable is not enough for " a job well done" I would rather get a certificate. 4. Keep one and one meetings more often with your team members

Terrible

Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT

Pros

Before i start I would like to clarify that I am in the engineering group, not project engineering. So I work for the suposedly "good" department. The only reason to work here is to get a starting job if you can't find one anywhere else. The work life balance is OK because everyone just does whatever they want and management doesn't care.

Cons

Everything. The pay is bad. Benefits are terrible compared to other engineering companies. No training. Don't get a job here unless the only other option is homelessness.

Advice to Management

Stop. If one of your recommendations on how to fix low morale is to "delay information flow" (yes that was a bullet point on the management meeting slides) then that's just insane. And invest in your employees. There's a reason everyone is leaving.

7. Unprofessional frat house of a company

Former Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT

Pros

Flexible schedule (sometimes??). customer relationship was positive.

Cons

Managers with no management skills, engineers with no engineering skills, illusion of benefits such as bonus and vacation time (holidays were given finally, but regular PTO was cut by the same number of days. Bonus was offered, then cut to next to nothing at last minute because company, on a good year by all accounts, missed the target by almost 30% of the projected...value set too high so it would never pay out). always attempting to walk the grey line along the law (employees told to do things for the company but couldn't charge anything for it, it was on "their time"). I was told I couldn't have a second job, even though it had no conflicts of interest nor core hours, and I never signed anything stating I couldn't take additional work. All in all - the office in East Hartford is a joke

Advice to Management

Take a management class, start to care more about your employees than your metrics, stop playing favoritism with your friends (promotions, flexibility, etc) and treat it like a real job.

Made a BIG mistake

Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like other posts, you get to use commercial software and get to interact at times with engineers from real engineering companies. Other than that it's a nightmare.

Cons

A lot of what has been said on here is true about the Cincinnati center, so I will try not to reiterate much what others have posted. When I came in fresh out of college I didn't know what CFD meant or knew anything about CFD or heat transfer softwares. I was trained by other CFD engineers. Needless to say the CFD team leader and project leader was no help. I really didn't know what their purpose was if they weren't going to participate in helping me learn. I quickly learned what their purpose was. It was to intimidate, belittle, terrorize, and really bully me. During tech reviews with the customer the GE CFD team lead would mute the phone and then chew me out about some mundane item. There were times I wanted to punch him out. I complained to other senior people there, but seems nothing was done. It was as if they didn't want to "stir the pot". So the good of the one outweighs the good of the many at Quest Cincinnati. To me this is emotional abuse. But perhaps me getting my message out will help deter people with an interest in CFD to keep their distance from Quest Cincinnati. I also had two friends that came in at the same time and did the same work and was praised equally. But one was given a promotion while the other wasn't. It took a year for that other engineer to get a promotion. The managers here clearly treat certain engineers better than others. Training does not exist unless you are new. Just like other posts I have read they try to make you billable immediately because it's obvious hardly any money is invested into training. The GE CFD team lead will constantly underbid projects. As always in projects there are delays, errors, etc. which this person failed and continues to take into account. Because of this CFD engineers are told to work beyond 40 hours a week but we are told we cannot bill. So, essentially we are working for free beyond the 40 hours which should be a labor violation. The statement made by the CEO is true from a previous post here is true cause I also heard it. Sad, I had only been working there a couple of months. Once I heard that and talked with others I knew I had to learn as much as possible and then flee to a superior company. Also, when I started the center manager was leaving to go to GE and it was brought to my attention that this person had put company sensitive information on the company's shared drive. This included people's resumes, offer letters, salaries of employees. I was like wow, how could Quest employee someone so careless? I guess it was a good thing he was leaving. At this same time I was told a lot of people were leaving the company. I can only assume these people saw this information and were disgusted on how certain people were getting paid more than they deserve. But sad that a great company like GE would hire someone so careless. I pity those who may work for him. I don't know what else to say but I wish I was given more information about how this company treats its engineers. Benefits were ok, not great. They could have been worse. 401K is like one other person said on here.... embarrassing. Quest gives you a 1% match. That is a joke. Perhaps because they are an Indian company they treat us like Indian citizens. I can see what these other people have been saying.

Advice to Management

Grow up and mature. From what I have gathered from most is that this is the only company you have worked for. You have been "brainwashed" by senior management that this company is far superior to companies like GE. Get real people, you can only hope to be that great. Employees are dissatisfied and are grumbling. They want and demand respect. Getting paid 10-20% below median isn't going to keep us around.

Engineer

Former Employee - Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start up Company veru very challenging

Cons

No infra structure in CAE. Heavily dependent on customer to fund everything. Bad company to work for.

Advice to Management

Very bad decision makers

Project Engineer

Former Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and it's a paycheck. Looks good on resume. Build contacts with Quest's main customer

Cons

Very very very poor company structure and ethics. Worked hard for over a year. My reviews were outstanding and got a raise that was less then 1%... Benefits had all sorts of "if" and "buts" that some how screwed you over. You had to BUY vacation days. Company does not appreciate employees. They only care about how many "billable" hours you work so they can bill the customer. If this is your only option for a job it's a good starter but get out ASAP! If not, look at your other options carefully. Not the worse employment but certainly not the best.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the hard work your employees give. Focus less on billable hours and more on quality.

Beware of their benefits

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have 401K plan, WOW.

Cons

Left is left. But when I rollover my 401K, all the contribution from this employer was forfeited . Luckily they only match 25% of your 4% of your salary, the amount is not a big deal......

Advice to Management

Back to hire contractors, so you don't have to pay anything for your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed