QuEST Global Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
128 reviews filtered by
2.5
Ajit Prabhu

Pros
  • Flexible work hours, Medical, dental and vision plans decently priced for value (in 7 reviews)

• technical knowledge is plenty and opportunities to learn are more (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You're handed work to do but upper management doesn't understand the work scope (in 7 reviews)

• Team leads have degrees in political science and other non-engineering degrees (in 7 reviews)

Project Engineer

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Windsor, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1.The Best reason to work here is to get the so called experience you normally need when job hunting .
    2. Medical insurance

Cons

1.No room for growth.
    2. Terrible pay. in 3 years my total raise is 56 cents
    3.HR is never available when things go wrong
    4.This is not an Engineering Job as they make it seems . You are more like an engineer's personal secretary.
    5. Friends hire friends mostly

Advice to Management

1.Stop forming cliques.
    2. Go by the rules when promoting and stop promoting only your friends
    3. Get to know all members of your team and not only the selective few
    4. Stop placing workers on a project without proper training
    5. Give better raises
    6. Stop giving awards to your friends
    7. $25 bonus on our pay check which is taxable is not enough for " a job well done" I would rather get a certificate.
    4. Keep one and one meetings more often with your team members

2. Not a place for original thinkers

Current Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

None. U would be given a good hike for entry.

Cons

Appraisal system is very bad. No work life balance. Lots of window dressing. No trust of employees.

Advice to Management

Trust ur people

3. Real feedback for QuEST Global

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

location is good. its in bellandur. many companies are nearby.

Cons

graveyard for embedded engineers. managers are pathetic liars. huge politics. even a college graduate is having more knowledge than technical managers. dirty work culture.

Advice to Management

no advice to management.

3 mistakes of my life...

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very lately I found there is nothing as such...

Cons

As mentioned in d title,
    1. Joining this company.
    2.Previously wrote a positive review and referred few of my friends & hence misleaded others.
    3. Did believe this company will help in growth and so rejected few offers.

At first I thought it was OK but now i found no good reason to work and so initiated resignation and now in 3 month notice period. Now each & every day facing torture. Even HR knows this & they don't care.

Worst part is that I have worked very hardly without any benefits or recognition and still they do this cruelty to me.

Advice to Management

Please don't torture employees who are in notice period. You may need them at some point later and this attitude towards them will make them reject your company permanently.

Not OK for a career

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

May be friendly colleagues...
    If u r jobless then OK for a short term job (6 months-1yr) but not ok for a making a long term career...

Cons

Salary & growth almost stagnant...
    Cheating by false promises such as onsite (I was taken 4 onsite work & hence accepted less package but they didn't send me)...
    Not a fair HR dept & policies...
    Lot of Politics...

Advice to Management

No comments... They don't listen to whatever u say even if it benefits both employer and employees...

Employees will treat u in d same way as u treat them....

Not at all an employee friendly company.. it works just like a consultancy..

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you sacrifice your personal life and sacrifice your expectations on salary you can tolerate the tremendous stress they keep then as it is growing organization you may find something to grow.

Cons

Everything is a con about this company.. lemme tell you one by one..
    > 9.30 hr is mandatory.. your each and every minute recorded in tool.. dont think juss bein 9.30 hr b/w login and log out is enough.. its diff here.. if you swipe out once then you need to swipe in with in an hour if the clock ticks one minute more than an hour then your one hour time will be cut from your login timings..
    > First year you will have only 12 paid leaves.. once you serve one year you will have 25 leaves all paid and can be encashed.. you can not avail more than 7 comoff's an year..
    > HR never responds to your issues.. they are just paper tiger.. i asked for a HR letter before 2 months and till now they did not respond to my email or a IT ticket i raised.. but they are good at making crookerd employee policies..
    > it's not over yet.. it's even ok to bear above all facts but this one is awsome.. if there is a compensation day for any strike then its your responsibility to speak to client to give you wrk load & billing.. ha ha.. isnt it ridiculous..
    > They will make you do some 50 hrs courses .. mine is 75 hrs.. and there will be a exam called QCA in which they ask all technology JAVA, Electrical, DATA STAX, DB related questions no matter on which yo are having handson and you need to pass this one.. else you are not eligible for promotion.. bingo..
    > Hygeine is not at all there in company.. forget about temp control.. if you say to increase the temp they say its std.. they can only switch it on or off.. i got infections in my resp system bcos of these..
     > i could not find anything such as employee benefit here.. and yeah contractors and freshers and bench guys its not std comapany today you will come tom you might not..
    > ok yeah last and very important thing.. they make alot of false promises about the package and also the increments while recruiting.. see draft offer carefully.. they include even shift allowances in offer.. i dunno which company mentions it in offer and finally your take home is very less.. forget about bonuses and all there is nothing such..

Advice to Management

Guys you need to change a few things.. please understand employees are assets.. IT world is small..

Terrible

Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global

Pros

Before i start I would like to clarify that I am in the engineering group, not project engineering. So I work for the suposedly "good" department. The only reason to work here is to get a starting job if you can't find one anywhere else. The work life balance is OK because everyone just does whatever they want and management doesn't care.

Cons

Everything. The pay is bad. Benefits are terrible compared to other engineering companies. No training. Don't get a job here unless the only other option is homelessness.

Advice to Management

Stop. If one of your recommendations on how to fix low morale is to "delay information flow" (yes that was a bullet point on the management meeting slides) then that's just insane. And invest in your employees. There's a reason everyone is leaving.

9. Unprofessional frat house of a company

Former Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I worked at QuEST Global

Pros

Flexible schedule (sometimes??). customer relationship was positive.

Cons

Managers with no management skills, engineers with no engineering skills, illusion of benefits such as bonus and vacation time (holidays were given finally, but regular PTO was cut by the same number of days. Bonus was offered, then cut to next to nothing at last minute because company, on a good year by all accounts, missed the target by almost 30% of the projected...value set too high so it would never pay out). always attempting to walk the grey line along the law (employees told to do things for the company but couldn't charge anything for it, it was on "their time"). I was told I couldn't have a second job, even though it had no conflicts of interest nor core hours, and I never signed anything stating I couldn't take additional work.

All in all - the office in East Hartford is a joke

Advice to Management

Take a management class, start to care more about your employees than your metrics, stop playing favoritism with your friends (promotions, flexibility, etc) and treat it like a real job.

Made a BIG mistake

Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like other posts, you get to use commercial software and get to interact at times with engineers from real engineering companies. Other than that it's a nightmare.

Cons

A lot of what has been said on here is true about the Cincinnati center, so I will try not to reiterate much what others have posted.

When I came in fresh out of college I didn't know what CFD meant or knew anything about CFD or heat transfer softwares. I was trained by other CFD engineers. Needless to say the CFD team leader and project leader was no help. I really didn't know what their purpose was if they weren't going to participate in helping me learn.
    I quickly learned what their purpose was. It was to intimidate, belittle, terrorize, and really bully me. During tech reviews with the customer the GE CFD team lead would mute the phone and then chew me out about some mundane item. There were times I wanted to punch him out. I complained to other senior people there, but seems nothing was done. It was as if they didn't want to "stir the pot". So the good of the one outweighs the good of the many at Quest Cincinnati. To me this is emotional abuse. But perhaps me getting my message out will help deter people with an interest in CFD to keep their distance from Quest Cincinnati.

I also had two friends that came in at the same time and did the same work and was praised equally. But one was given a promotion while the other wasn't. It took a year for that other engineer to get a promotion. The managers here clearly treat certain engineers better than others.

Training does not exist unless you are new. Just like other posts I have read they try to make you billable immediately because it's obvious hardly any money is invested into training.

The GE CFD team lead will constantly underbid projects. As always in projects there are delays, errors, etc. which this person failed and continues to take into account. Because of this CFD engineers are told to work beyond 40 hours a week but we are told we cannot bill. So, essentially we are working for free beyond the 40 hours which should be a labor violation.

The statement made by the CEO is true from a previous post here is true cause I also heard it. Sad, I had only been working there a couple of months. Once I heard that and talked with others I knew I had to learn as much as possible and then flee to a superior company.

Also, when I started the center manager was leaving to go to GE and it was brought to my attention that this person had put company sensitive information on the company's shared drive. This included people's resumes, offer letters, salaries of employees. I was like wow, how could Quest employee someone so careless? I guess it was a good thing he was leaving. At this same time I was told a lot of people were leaving the company. I can only assume these people saw this information and were disgusted on how certain people were getting paid more than they deserve. But sad that a great company like GE would hire someone so careless. I pity those who may work for him.

I don't know what else to say but I wish I was given more information about how this company treats its engineers. Benefits were ok, not great. They could have been worse. 401K is like one other person said on here.... embarrassing. Quest gives you a 1% match. That is a joke. Perhaps because they are an Indian company they treat us like Indian citizens. I can see what these other people have been saying.

Advice to Management

Grow up and mature. From what I have gathered from most is that this is the only company you have worked for. You have been "brainwashed" by senior management that this company is far superior to companies like GE. Get real people, you can only hope to be that great. Employees are dissatisfied and are grumbling. They want and demand respect. Getting paid 10-20% below median isn't going to keep us around.

Engineer

Former Employee - Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start up Company veru very challenging

Cons

No infra structure in CAE. Heavily dependent on customer to fund everything. Bad company to work for.

Advice to Management

Very bad decision makers