Quad/Graphics Reviews

Reset
2.6
Quad/Graphics President and CEO J. Joel Quadracci
J. Joel Quadracci

Pros
  • The people are great - everyone is working hard to what they believe is the right direction (in 10 reviews)

• Work-life balance has improved recently (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Although I was told that I would get used to the 12 hour shifts, I never did (in 11 reviews)

• None really just some long hours sometimes which is to be expected in our field (in 8 reviews)

1. Busy and unorganized

Current Employee - Auxiliary Operator in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Auxiliary Operator in Midland, MI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paid every week. Overtime always available that's all I can think of right now.

Cons

If work slows down you get no hours. We don't have problems fix until they are already broke.

Advice to Management

Try to act like you care that people that actually works and do their job.

2. overall..nice place to work

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great. clean friendly environment. I.T support is great. There is room for advancement. Very clean.

Cons

There are changes happening all the time due to going public. It is hard to get used to at first, but there is a lot of support to get you through and help you navigate.

3. Maintenance machinist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paycheck and vacation time clean location the people I worked with were very professional to the end

Cons

Not people friendly ran building to the ground did not offer a reasonable severance package even after being employed for 34 years thanks for nothing joel

Advice to Management

Learn how to deal with the people that are the heart of your company and take care of them as you would like to be treated

Starter Job, Nothing More.

Current Employee - Postal Solutions in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Postal Solutions in Sussex, WI

Pros

It's a job. For someone starting out it gives them experience.

Cons

Pay is below market. Good old boy management in which the only concern is keeping what's theirs.

6. material handler

Former Employee - Material Handler in Chalfont, PA
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Chalfont, PA

Pros

paid weekly there are oppertunies in the company to move around.

Cons

12hr shift times of the were there could be layoff or work is slow and you would be sent home.

7. analyst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere. If you are not interested in getting things accomplished, this is the place to be. Just need to be social and give no input.

Cons

I am a very organized and logical person, this is not the place to work if you are. The people who lead their transportation are IT personnel and they are taking instructions and understanding of transportation from the dispatchers who's only concern is to move the freight. The one person they have to analyze rates is very good at analyzing, but again needs to be fed the informtaion so that it can be put into a metrics and pretty reports can spit out. There is no hands on experience there.

Advice to Management

Not fair to put all Management together, but for the most part they need to be more involved. Might even think about taking a course in logistics and hiring people that do, not just review.

8. Rotating door of Finishing Technicians

Former Employee - Finishing Technician in Martinsburg, WV
    Former Employee - Finishing Technician in Martinsburg, WV

I worked at Quad/Graphics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wellness program Onsite clinic Opportunities for unskilled workers to advance

Cons

Hard work - low pay If you stay there and work hard, they constantly move you to crappy jobs when someone walks out on them. Minimal raises: 25 cents and hour, 50 cents if you're lucky. Diminishing benefits Supervisors and leads that walk by and laugh when you're having trouble keeping up with a machine that is not working well. All they care about is whether it is running, not that you are struggling to keep up. It is no wonder that people walk out the door on them or leave on their break.

Advice to Management

Appreciate those people that work hard for you and willingly stay. Don't be so willing to move them to crappier jobs in the middle of a shift because you pissed off someone not so tolerant of this type of job.

9. Lead CSR

Former Employee - Lead Customer Service Representative in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Customer Service Representative in Winchester, VA

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company that still matches a portion of 401 contributions. QuadMed clinics if you work near one.

Cons

Vertis employees are being phased out because they don't fit the 'mold' of what Quad expects, though their performance and skills are better than the dumbed-down Quad equivalents.

Advice to Management

Value your good employees and take advantage of their skill set. Your silos do NOT work.

10. Great place to work

Former Employee - Electronic Imaging Specialist in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Electronic Imaging Specialist in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quad/Graphics (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent environment and work culture. Paid befits were very good. Management very understanding and accommodating. Fellow employees were great to work with and everyone pulled together during the busy times. for 13 years, I looked forward to going to work everyday.

Cons

Too much outsourcing contributed to the downsizing of the company.

Advice to Management

With all due respect, put as much effort to keeping jobs in this country and within the company as much as you try to max out your profits.

Worked for 3 months - HORRIBLE

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Promised Salary Great Promised Sign On Bonus

Cons

Untrustworthy PROMISES Withheld paychecks and travel reimbursement Horrible Schedule Travel Arrangements include 2 star flea bag MOTELS Last Minute Schedule Changes Lack of Respect from Employers This company hired me for a position that was reorganized due to QUADMED being FIRED by WAL-Mart. Although Wal-Mart offered a position, the company then reneged on all promises and withheld two final paychecks and reimbursement for travel of over $7000.00. LIARS.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT YOU PROMISED!

RSS Feed </> Embed