Quad/Graphics Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
2.6

Quad/Graphics President and CEO J. Joel Quadracci
J. Joel Quadracci

Pros
  • The people are great - everyone is working hard to what they believe is the right direction (in 10 reviews)

• The people are great and there is a strive to provide work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Although I was told that I would get used to the 12 hour shifts, I never did (in 10 reviews)

• A lot of responsibility and long hours with not much reward at raise time (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Quad/Graphics

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth into different areas of the company

Cons

Sometimes it is who you know and not what you know that gets you ahead in the company

Great opportunity for young professionals

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not a bad company to work for-
    Great healthcare benefits; many opportunities to network through social gatherings; friendly high-level management; the Quad Culture has good intentions, work-life balance and understanding of family matters

Cons

Salary below average based on location; manager without the skills to properly train employees; disrespectful manager attitudes

negative (or insecure) energy from lower-level manager makes it difficult to express idea's; more focus on Quad's "growth of employees" value as this is going to benefit Quad most; keep record of compensation review promises managers make during offer of employment...

Super hard working environment, fast paced but, the regular wok routine makes it easy enough.

Current Employee - Ink Jet Operator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Ink Jet Operator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Quad/Graphics (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company matches up to 6% of your 401k or Roth, you get paid weekly,they have an on site medical office with an amazing staff. In the winter they throw a holiday party for the employees children, and In the Spring they have a big picnic for all employees and family. They try to show application for all of the hard work you do several times a year.

Cons

It's very loud and busy. No sitting down, as with most warehouses it's hot. The 12 hour shifts wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the swapping sides of the week and back and forth between days and nights.

It's a job not a career

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time

Pros

There are some really good people that work in this company.

Cons

The bad management can drag down good employees and managers. Definite "buddy program" when it comes to advancement. Very hard to crack the good old boy system.

This management doesn't want any advice, they have it all figured out.

Used to be a great company

Current Employee - Administrative in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are very few pros remaining. After Joel took the company public, it became nothing more than another place to work.

Cons

Depending on your position, you will be required to work 43-48 hours per week. You may take on large amounts of responsibility and receive no additional pay. Raises are insulting. I make just 10% more than 6 years despite taking on huge amounts of responsibility.

Return to your roots an reward employees for their hard work and dedication.

Started in Press moved to admin

Current Employee - Administrative in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Mostly good people who are good at what they do. Flexible work schedule for appointments or family needs(in admin). Challenging work with excellence recognized.

Cons

PAY SUCKS! If I stayed in the pressroom, I would be making $5 more an hour with almost no responsibility or working after hours. Completely gotten away from the old Quad values. Just another company to work for these days. I would never recommend anyone I know to work here. No longer proud to work for this company. Over worked and under paid.

Get back to your roots. Stop being cheap with pay. You're pushing your best and stronges employees out by keeping idiots around and giving us extra work for no increase in wages.

Great job if I was 20 and single.

Current Employee - First Press Operator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - First Press Operator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not bad pay for area. Health Insurance is extremely good. Probably the best health insurance I have ever had in my 20 years of employment.

Cons

Work-life balance is not there. 12 hour rotating shifts. *Mandatory* voluntary overtime. Not uncommon to work 60-72 hours per week during peak season. Competitive focus of department ='s *screw your neighbor mentality between shifts.

It's no secret that there are employees in positions and pay rates that far exceed their performance. Listen to your experienced employees a bit more about new hires. Focus more on promoting the old Quad values and less on the *shift vs shift* mentality. The Departments/shifts need to drop the competition and focus on strengthening the Departments as a whole.

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Software Developer in Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are great to work with, they are friendly and my team made me feel like family. I didn't mind the Quad blues either, I liked having separate clothes for work. The work I did involved working by myself most of the time, but when I needed help/advice my team was always there to give me input.

Cons

The main reason I left the job was because of the Quad culture. I am a software developer and couldn't work from home at all, because of the Quad culture. My drive to work was far and eventually that was why I burned out and had to find a different job.

WC acquisition ruined this company

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth and promotion was really good for many years, prior to Quad becoming part of world color. Progressive approach to managing medical cost while providing good medical benefits to employees. Work hard - play hard used to benefit both employee and company.

Cons

young and inexperienced senior leadership team adopted world color sales and HR teams lock, stock, and barrel. Senior leadership still trying to figure it out. The inexperience shows through poor decision making and lack of clear communication. Quad has lost the ability to take care of their employees with long term thinking. Its all about the profits now, and the greed is disheartening.

get back to your roots and do your best to channel Harry V. Quadracci's spirit. You need him now more than ever

Great place for manufacturing employees

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time

Pros

If you work in manufacturing in Wisconsin there is no better employer. The company is very production friendly. If you make a mistake on the floor they will not hang you out to dry.

Cons

Lots of change going on there. Some long term employees may feel the company has changed too much.

continue to focus on the manufacturing