Quad/Graphics Reviews

Updated October 30, 2014
2.7

Quad/Graphics President and CEO J. Joel Quadracci
J. Joel Quadracci

Pros
  • The people are great - everyone is working hard to what they believe is the right direction (in 10 reviews)

• The people are great and there is a strive to provide work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Although I was told that I would get used to the 12 hour shifts, I never did (in 10 reviews)

• A lot of responsibility and long hours with not much reward at raise time (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

Current Employee - Pre-Press Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Pre-Press Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They care about their Employees and customers

Cons

None really just some long hours sometimes which is to be expected in our field

Thank you for allowing us to work for you.

Internship

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Quad/Graphics as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience, intern retreat to Wisconsin, shadowed all positions to gain understanding of the company as a whole, was given a mentor that was very helpful, paid internship

Cons

No one knew what they were supposed to show me when I shadowed them and I also had no responsibilities or projects of my own.

Lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Pewaukee West, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Pewaukee West, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to learn the industry and opportunity for growth. I feel like my contributions were recognized. Very friendly people who work there.

Cons

I wish they could offer more flexible working arrangements for non production staff. It is nice that they offer on site day care, but having the ability to work for home would have been very appealing for professional staff.

Freedom to excel, if you know how to do it.

Current Employee - Corporate Scheduler in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Corporate Scheduler in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, even though they are worse than when I started. My position is very flexible and I can dicate my own schedule.

Cons

Quad is good at talking talk but not walking the walk, the industry is changing rapidly and Quad has a hard time shifting.

Be honest with people, we can see through the BS.

Quad/Graphics

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth into different areas of the company

Cons

Sometimes it is who you know and not what you know that gets you ahead in the company

Great opportunity for young professionals

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not a bad company to work for-
    Great healthcare benefits; many opportunities to network through social gatherings; friendly high-level management; the Quad Culture has good intentions, work-life balance and understanding of family matters

Cons

Salary below average based on location; manager without the skills to properly train employees; disrespectful manager attitudes

negative (or insecure) energy from lower-level manager makes it difficult to express idea's; more focus on Quad's "growth of employees" value as this is going to benefit Quad most; keep record of compensation review promises managers make during offer of employment...

Super hard working environment, fast paced but, the regular wok routine makes it easy enough.

Current Employee - Ink Jet Operator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Ink Jet Operator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Quad/Graphics (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company matches up to 6% of your 401k or Roth, you get paid weekly,they have an on site medical office with an amazing staff. In the winter they throw a holiday party for the employees children, and In the Spring they have a big picnic for all employees and family. They try to show application for all of the hard work you do several times a year.

Cons

It's very loud and busy. No sitting down, as with most warehouses it's hot. The 12 hour shifts wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the swapping sides of the week and back and forth between days and nights.

Used to be a great company

Current Employee - Administrative in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are very few pros remaining. After Joel took the company public, it became nothing more than another place to work.

Cons

Depending on your position, you will be required to work 43-48 hours per week. You may take on large amounts of responsibility and receive no additional pay. Raises are insulting. I make just 10% more than 6 years despite taking on huge amounts of responsibility.

Return to your roots an reward employees for their hard work and dedication.

It's a job not a career

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time

Pros

There are some really good people that work in this company.

Cons

The bad management can drag down good employees and managers. Definite "buddy program" when it comes to advancement. Very hard to crack the good old boy system.

This management doesn't want any advice, they have it all figured out.

Great job if I was 20 and single.

Current Employee - First Press Operator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - First Press Operator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not bad pay for area. Health Insurance is extremely good. Probably the best health insurance I have ever had in my 20 years of employment.

Cons

Work-life balance is not there. 12 hour rotating shifts. *Mandatory* voluntary overtime. Not uncommon to work 60-72 hours per week during peak season. Competitive focus of department ='s *screw your neighbor mentality between shifts.

It's no secret that there are employees in positions and pay rates that far exceed their performance. Listen to your experienced employees a bit more about new hires. Focus more on promoting the old Quad values and less on the *shift vs shift* mentality. The Departments/shifts need to drop the competition and focus on strengthening the Departments as a whole.