Quad/Graphics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quad/Graphics President and CEO J. Joel Quadracci

J. Joel Quadracci

Pros:
  • "Good Benefits if full-time and good starting pay for someone with no family obligations"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great work environment, safe and food in cafe is excellent"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Pay is lower than average in this area"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Low pay, not a lot of room for growth"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Had its ups and downs

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than a year

ProsNice people, good environment, terrific benefits, good salary for an entry level developer, several nice perks.

ConsThe biography of Harry Quadracci (company founder and father of the current CEO) is titled "Ready, Fire, Aim", and that pretty well sums it up. Haphazard, seat-of-the-pants development atmosphere, and poor effort given to training up new people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGiven the economic environment and the state of the print industry, you're probably doing what you have to. More structure and focus at the bottom of the totem pole would help, especially if you're trying to move into mobile apps.

Decent place to work

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI work in the IT department. In general things are pretty good. The work is interesting and the people I work with are great.

ConsThings have gotten quite 'corporate' since we went public. The feeling I get is that the workers don't really matter to upper management. They say we matter, but the focus is *always* on making the bottom line look good. It's not at all the way the 'old Quad' was.

I rarely see upper management or even middle management smile. Most of the time i see a scowl on their faces.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the workers. Give them the big picture and what their part in it is.

Great place for associates

Fitchburg, MA

I have been working at Quad/Graphics as an intern for less than a year

ProsFlexible hours, friendly managers, nice co-workers. Working at quad was fun because the associates were very outgoing and they were very willing to help regardless of how busy the work load. I enjoyed my days at work and was never in a hurry to go home.

ConsMicro- managing by stuffing agencies, high turnover rates from low level employees. All the work is done while standing and at times you get dizzy and light headed in the summer if you do not hydrate with water. Also if you do not stretch before work there are chances you will be aching by the end of the shift

Advice to Senior ManagementHire low level employees directly instead of going through stuffing agencies

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was an ok job.

Loader (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than a year

ProsThe employees here, help you if you are a noob like I was, really good people here.

ConsLong hours, short breaks, no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat every employee as if they matter, and they'll more than likely treat the job the same.

Lots of change

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent culture, good people to work with

Conschange, change, change. Never know when your job will be eliminated

was good until quad bought our company and shut the doors at the plant i worked for for 30+ years!

Lead Offset Pressman (Former Employee)
Mount Morris, IL

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

Proscompanys were good til quad bought them out

Conssince becoming a company with outside shareholders the employee treatment has went straight to hell!

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees that make you the money

Electrician

Electrician (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are none. Unless you like low pay and the worst management ever!!!

ConsLow pay, retirement is a joke, get to pay for uniforms, self pay even individual health insurance, ridiculous rotating 12 hour shifts, no family life, bosses are jerks, extreme favoritism toward suck ups no matter how unqualified they are, this place sucks!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementSuck it!!!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place for robots.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time

ProsOne of the last big print companies.

ConsCulture made for kool-aid drinkers.

Run away and don't look back..

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for less than a year

ProsYou always have the option to leave..

ConsAll decisions are made from above, everyone else is a trained monkey. They have no problem blowing smoke about being part of a great family and how solid you future is with them, meanwhile they are arranging your end date. The company I worked for was bought by Quad, I saw my position posted on their sight, then they fired me because they no longer needed my skill-set. When I pointed out the listing I was told that I actually made more then twice what they would pay. In the end it worked out, I went to another company and actually got a raise because my new company pays industry standard.

Bottom line, they dump their skilled workers for fresh out of college cheap labor. The techs at Quad were blown away by the technology solutions we created at the company they bought (Vertis), but then Quad promptly began to fire the guys that created it. They were blown away because you can't teach real world experience in college.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and back in touch with your employees. I know you have a great history and were at one time family oriented, find it again before it's gone forever. Running a company isn't just about building your families bank account for your kids.

Good..But no improvements

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time

ProsWork life balance
able to learn new technical stuff

ConsNo challenge or promotion/salary hike

Worked for Quad/Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quad/Graphics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quad/Graphics CEO J. Joel Quadracci. All 134 reviews posted anonymously by Quad/Graphics employees.