Quad/Graphics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quad/Graphics President and CEO J. Joel Quadracci

J. Joel Quadracci

Pros
  • The people are great - everyone is working hard to what they believe is the right direction (in 8 reviews)

• The people are great and there is a strive to provide work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You work long 12 hour shifts with two 20 minute breaks, 3 on, 3 off, 4 on, 4 off with rotating days to nights every 4 months (in 5 reviews)

• You are supposed to get two 15 minute breaks but you'll be lucky to get one (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Unknown future

ProsOk benefits and ok company. They try to develop their people by developing various classes. Good people at the local level who are talented.

ConsChallenging industry with a lot of politics within the organization. Difficult to navigate through the politics. Price cuts in the industry make it very unstable, especially if you are not one of the original plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe value wheel is a great concept, but it has become words on paper and many within the organization do not support the values the company is so proudly to display. Being a facility outside the original WI plants s not a great place to be and senior mgmt is so far removed, they have no idea how difficult it can be to navigate through it all.

Good Midwestern company

Corporate Trainee (Former Employee) Sussex, WI

ProsFriendly people, strong corporate culture, solid benefits, looks to employees for the future, believes in innovation. Lots of good networking opportunities within the company. Wide range of clients and capabilities.

ConsPay is on the lower side for most all positions and the management is average.

Big Blue

Site Administrator (Former Employee) Stillwater, OK

ProsQuad is a good company if you are hired in directly by them. Training and Safety are top notch.

ConsBeing brought in to Quad as an employee by an acquisition is tough. The culture of the company does not engender it to people who do not start their career with them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quad culture is just labor unfriendly practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsA big company with a soul?

ConsShut down our plant. They do not think out side the box as they acknowledge in new hire orientation. Everything fell on deaf ears since they took us over. Borderline rude behavior. Middle management on up attained there positions without having the skills. For the future of this company to work, they have to rethink there business model. I am not an ex disgruntled worker, just not clear on what there sustainability is.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about the people and make them your greatest asset.

Quad is a great company to work for.

Offset Press Assistant II (Current Employee) West Allis, WI

Proswhen you are part time you get to pick your own hours and you can still work full t i me hours. When full time you have great insurance.

ConsCons are when you work full tme you switch from days to nights every 4 months

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe work more closely with the lower guys on the totem pole and make them feel like they are worth something and they have chances to advance

If you need a stressful job they supply it. You are just a number to them.

Warehouse, Material Handler (Current Employee)

ProsNo pros. This company could be a better place to work if they stop worrying so much about their numbers and their ego.

ConsThe pay is very low. The safety is nonexistent. You try and let them know what's going on in your area and what changes can be made to improve it but nothing ever happens. I wouldn't recommend working here unless you needed just a temp job till you found something else.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your crew. We are the ones out on the floor working and knowing what's going on and how to improve things while you sit back in your offices doing nothing but searching the web.

Employee treatment by upper management human restores could care less about the employee.

ProsI don't see any pros to working at this place

ConsWhen someone has worked for 30+ years for the company, gives all of themselves to do whatever it takes to be a loyal and careing employee, does the job of at the very minimum of 3 people for no extra pay, and then get slapped in the face by your management for not doing more to pass the blame on this employee because you don't want to hire and pay people what they deserve. Vertis at least cared about them. Quad just treats them like disposable body's with out regard for the years of service.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your management who has not a clue how to run your business let alone treat your employees with the respect they deserve.

It was a good learning experience, one that I hope I will not repeat in the near future.

Operator (Former Employee) West Allis, WI

ProsThe benefits are good. You got to see a lot of different magazines come across. They do have there own
    medical clinics Quad Medical. They are organized, with on time delivering.

ConsYou work long 12 hour shifts with two 20 minute breaks, 3 on, 3 off, 4 on, 4 off with rotating days to nights every 4 months. Fast past work being on our feet all the time. Injuries are high because of the nature of the work. Do not get injured on job. Our wrists, hands and feet takes a beating. You work on and around platforms. A lot of yelling, screaming, using bad language, degrading towards other co-workers. The Quad Medical Doctors are not the best skilled in their Profession.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the workers, we are human beings and have families too.

Retoucher

Color Sponsor/Color Retoucher (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStable environment for a long time, but now they are sending everything to India.

ConsMorale boosting died with Harry.

Great Career

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsOverall Quad is a great company that does well by its employees. Lots of opportunities for those who are willing to work hard and do their part. The company is still family controlled and that helps take some of the knee jerk Wall Street reactions out of play.

ConsIts a challenging industry and the company has had to do some things to stay competitive that make it tough at times. Probably not a whole lot different than anywhere else in this economy,

Advice to Senior ManagementI see personal growth and development as an issue for the company. As the company has focused on staying competitive in a difficult industry they have at times forgotten to engage and grow employees.

Worked for Quad/Graphics? Contribute to the Community!