Quad/Graphics Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
2.7

Quad/Graphics President and CEO J. Joel Quadracci
J. Joel Quadracci

Pros
  • The people are great - everyone is working hard to what they believe is the right direction (in 8 reviews)

• The people are great and there is a strive to provide work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You work long 12 hour shifts with two 20 minute breaks, 3 on, 3 off, 4 on, 4 off with rotating days to nights every 4 months (in 5 reviews)

• You are supposed to get two 15 minute breaks but you'll be lucky to get one (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a good learning experience, one that I hope I will not repeat in the near future.

Former Employee - Operator  in  West Allis, WI
    Former Employee - Operator in West Allis, WI

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The benefits are good. You got to see a lot of different magazines come across. They do have there own
    medical clinics Quad Medical. They are organized, with on time delivering.

Cons

You work long 12 hour shifts with two 20 minute breaks, 3 on, 3 off, 4 on, 4 off with rotating days to nights every 4 months. Fast past work being on our feet all the time. Injuries are high because of the nature of the work. Do not get injured on job. Our wrists, hands and feet takes a beating. You work on and around platforms. A lot of yelling, screaming, using bad language, degrading towards other co-workers. The Quad Medical Doctors are not the best skilled in their Profession.

Listen to the workers, we are human beings and have families too.

Industry stuck in old ways

Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic  in  Martinsburg, WV
    Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Martinsburg, WV

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than a year

Pros

People seem to strike a solid work/life balance. Plant is clean, people are friendly if you don't try to improve anything. Everyone wants to do their job and go home.

Cons

No leadership or vision. Since the founder's son took over the company has gone down hill. New management doesn't know how to tap into the wealth of knowledge of experienced pool of unmotivated people. The print industry is changing and I don't believe quad graphics is going to survive with their current vision.

Consider extracting the knowledge of the senior employees and transferring that to a new generation.

Great Career

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Overall Quad is a great company that does well by its employees. Lots of opportunities for those who are willing to work hard and do their part. The company is still family controlled and that helps take some of the knee jerk Wall Street reactions out of play.

Cons

Its a challenging industry and the company has had to do some things to stay competitive that make it tough at times. Probably not a whole lot different than anywhere else in this economy,

I see personal growth and development as an issue for the company. As the company has focused on staying competitive in a difficult industry they have at times forgotten to engage and grow employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Pewaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Pewaukee, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The co-workers are good people. Work in a fun, relaxed environment. Good, friendly managers.

Cons

Can be very stress full at times. There are some crazy deadlines you're expected to meet.

None

Quad/Graphics - CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  The Rock, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in The Rock, GA

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company culture, good benefits, great group to work with, decent pay. Fitness facilities, medical clinics onsite, tuition reimbursement, outdoor activity facilities (volleyball, basketball, fishing, trails).

Cons

On call 24/7, little downtime, difficult to advance after a point if you don't live around company headquarters, more difficult to make management than in the past.

It is good if you are hired directly to the company.

I worked at Quad/Graphics

Pros

Great benefits. It is a big plant so you have access to all of their available facilities. They even have a child care center for the employees with children.

Cons

If you are hired through their temp agency, you will work or almost nothing. I understand they do this to weed out the incapable workers but they are a big successful company, I am sure they are able to pay the agency employees a few more dollars an hour.

It's a paycheck

Current Employee - IT Department  in  Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - IT Department in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Surprisingly good health insurance
    Nice people
    It's a paycheck

Cons

Long time to ramp up vacation.
    Lots of meetings
    Factory-like mentality
    Very silo-ed job roles
    Don't expect raises
    No room for personal growth
    Not diverse.
    Must be willing to fit in line and just do what management says.

Invest in your workers. Have more available for them to increase skills. Incentives and bonuses would help motivate. Remote employees need some love too.

team player

Former Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Pittsburg, CA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Pittsburg, CA

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for less than a year

Pros

the learning curve understanding the printing machines

Cons

complexities of the job safety in the company could have been better

listen to workers

worst company ever

I worked at Quad/Graphics

Pros

none at all very bad company

Cons

where do I start first off long hours with only 2 15 min break yes no lunch just a break for 12 plus hours of work. this is illegal and my second week of work I asked why these is and the let me go.

none

Was a good place to work until Quad bought us out.

Former Employee - Rolltender  in  Merced, CA
    Former Employee - Rolltender in Merced, CA

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Enjoyed working with everyone with the exception of a few.

Cons

First off those stupid uniforms are ridiculous! Have to call a day ahead to see if you have to work the next day. Can't plan a life unless you take a vacation. Good ole boy, circle of friends culture. If your friends with the manager you're well taken care of, if you're not well you get the picture and I have plenty of examples of that! Management has no consideration for the people that have put in a lot of years and have families to take care of. Only care that you take care of the company. They want you to step up to the next position but without the pay (take the risk without the reward). To much favoritism.

You say you are a company with a soul. I think many would say otherwise. Treat people like they're worth something other than a $ sign. Get rid of the circle of friends culture in Merced.

Worked for Quad/Graphics? Contribute to the Community!