Quad/Graphics

www.qg.com
Profile Unclaimed

Great job if I was 20 and single.

Current Employee - First Press Operator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - First Press Operator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not bad pay for area. Health Insurance is extremely good. Probably the best health insurance I have ever had in my 20 years of employment.

Cons

Work-life balance is not there. 12 hour rotating shifts. *Mandatory* voluntary overtime. Not uncommon to work 60-72 hours per week during peak season. Competitive focus of department ='s *screw your neighbor mentality between shifts.

It's no secret that there are employees in positions and pay rates that far exceed their performance. Listen to your experienced employees a bit more about new hires. Focus more on promoting the old Quad values and less on the *shift vs shift* mentality. The Departments/shifts need to drop the competition and focus on strengthening the Departments as a whole.

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Software Developer in Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are great to work with, they are friendly and my team made me feel like family. I didn't mind the Quad blues either, I liked having separate clothes for work. The work I did involved working by myself most of the time, but when I needed help/advice my team was always there to give me input.

Cons

The main reason I left the job was because of the Quad culture. I am a software developer and couldn't work from home at all, because of the Quad culture. My drive to work was far and eventually that was why I burned out and had to find a different job.

WC acquisition ruined this company

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth and promotion was really good for many years, prior to Quad becoming part of world color. Progressive approach to managing medical cost while providing good medical benefits to employees. Work hard - play hard used to benefit both employee and company.

Cons

young and inexperienced senior leadership team adopted world color sales and HR teams lock, stock, and barrel. Senior leadership still trying to figure it out. The inexperience shows through poor decision making and lack of clear communication. Quad has lost the ability to take care of their employees with long term thinking. Its all about the profits now, and the greed is disheartening.

get back to your roots and do your best to channel Harry V. Quadracci's spirit. You need him now more than ever

Great place for manufacturing employees

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time

Pros

If you work in manufacturing in Wisconsin there is no better employer. The company is very production friendly. If you make a mistake on the floor they will not hang you out to dry.

Cons

Lots of change going on there. Some long term employees may feel the company has changed too much.

continue to focus on the manufacturing

Pretty Good.

Current Employee - PSR in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - PSR in Madison, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work with great people. The company has great benefits. There are many places you can transfer to around the country. they are a very stable company.

Cons

Long hours and mandatory overtime. Not a lot of room for career advancement. Management can be know it alls at time. The pay isn't that great.

respect your employees time and families more. Better pay rises. more advancement opportunities.

Things are changing

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time

Pros

Company is acquiring smaller printers for growth. Plenty of plants to transfer to if you are looking to relocate around the country. Steady work and overtime. Work 3 / 4 days a week, for 12 hours a day.

Cons

A lot of mandatory overtime, no sit down breaks for pressroom. High turnover and a lot of temps. Senior employees are leaving frequently.

Upper management needs to get a grip on turnover and make senior employees feel valuable. Training of employees is a must. Quality and run speeds are dropping due to this. Grow printers not operators.

Shut Down the Woodstock plant that was making money and producing a quality product

Former Employee - Gather Operator in Woodstock, IL
    Former Employee - Gather Operator in Woodstock, IL

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I am not sure if there is a pro to working for this company . They haven't proven to be the company they say they are..

Cons

I have not worked for them since they shut down the Woodstock plant. Talking with people who have gone to their other plants to have a job don't seem very happy are surprised how incapable most employees are.

Listen to the people coming from Brown they are very knowledgeable and can make you money if you let them have the chance.

Started in Press moved to admin

Current Employee - Administrative in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Mostly good people who are good at what they do. Flexible work schedule for appointments or family needs(in admin). Challenging work with excellence recognized.

Cons

PAY SUCKS! If I stayed in the pressroom, I would be making $5 more an hour with almost no responsibility or working after hours. Completely gotten away from the old Quad values. Just another company to work for these days. I would never recommend anyone I know to work here. No longer proud to work for this company. Over worked and under paid.

Get back to your roots. Stop being cheap with pay. You're pushing your best and stronges employees out by keeping idiots around and giving us extra work for no increase in wages.

This Company Must Be Ran by Gingers, Because It Has No Soul.

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are okay, as long as you stay on their good side. Okay benefits.

Cons

Not a good place to work if you're an introvert. You'll be treated like an outcast if you like to work independently. Environment can be gossipy, and management doesn't believe in confidentiality (unless they like you, then they'll protect you). Lots of lip service from management. When I started here, I thought it was great that management maintained an 'open door' policy and that employees were encouraged to be honest about ideas, needs and wants. I've since figured out that while management encourages honesty, they really don't care what an employee has to say unless it benefits management in some way. Also, management is always right, no matter what.

Realize that you don't know everything, and not everything is about the fiscal bottom line.

High Risk facility regarding Behavioral Safety and Environmental Safety compliance. Failure on managements.

Former Employee - Health and Safety Coordinator in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Health and Safety Coordinator in Riverside, CA

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I did learn new types of corporate safety computer processes.

Cons

Failure on managements part to role model safety is illustrated with amount of accidents for the Riverside facility.

Must have a higher level of safety bye-in to lower amount of safety violations on production floor.