QuadraMed

Updated Jun 14, 2014

Jeff Bender

Times are a Changing

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIn the past we have enjoyed the collegial and the supportive nature of the large team that worked together to help our customers achieve an excellent and cost effective Electronic Health Record (EMR). We had good earnings; good enough in fact that it made us attractive to be bought by Harris Computing from our then owners. However, sales have been flat and layoffs frequent. These have caused many people like myself to seek consider other career opportunities.

ConsCurrently flat sales and declining system implementations

Advice to Senior ManagementStop ruling by numbers alone and take a longer view and approach to developing the products and human capital.

It was a great place to work, until FP bought it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPassionate group of employees. Believed in the mission of the Company.

ConsWent downhill after acquired by Francisco Partners. It was obvious from the start that they only cared for how much they could get out of the Company and not the long term best interests of its success.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. All the good management left.

QuadraMed + Harris = Titanic + Iceburg

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork/life balance. Friendly people. Job variety.

ConsVile new owners with no clue about American Healthcare or how to run anything larger than a $10M business unit. Splitting the Enterprise applications in to two disparate units equates to doom. Company fails to pay vendors, DirecTV was actually turned off at one location. No Enterprise sales in 4 years and since purchasing QCPR from Misys there were only 2 net new customers (not counting conversions). Client attrition is vile for QCPR. Affinity attrition slowed but that's after 1/2 the customers left due to former regime that strong armed customers in to paying a 2nd time for what they already bought.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush back on Harris or close up shop.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once a great experience, now a dying memory!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat friends and co-workers, a wonderful feeling of teamwork. Was a wonderful place for many, many, years with great leadership, vision, desire and a plan. Under Harris, we are dying a slow death and not only do they not understand, they don't care. An American Healthcare company run by Canadian Bean Counters = misery all around.

ConsNo vision. No plan, at least for the Clinical and Revenue Cycle business units. MPI and Enterprise Self Service have growth opportunity and a future, QCPR and Revenue Cycle are on the way out. There's no future at all in either business unit. Benefits suck, who caps 401(k) at $2000 per year, IF you are there on the last day of the year. No carry over for Personal Time Off. Only 2 options, PPO and HSA for Healthcare. Canadian company with NO IDEA how to provide benefits for American's. We don't take 5 weeks per year off, that's why we are the #1 Economy in the world. Imposing Socialist policies on American companies will only expedite their downfall. Let me carry over and/or cash out unused Personal Time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running a $95M company like you run $8M start-ups. You cannot treat a company, culturally or financially that has 300+ employees the same as you do an organization with 15 companies. Learn and understand business life cycle.

Working contract to perm

Web Applications Designer/Engineer (Current Employee)
    Lake Mary, FL

ProsGreat people, flexible, good work/life balance, work with new tech

Conssome talent gaps pose organizational issues

Management has a lack of vision & direction.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent products and passionate employees.

ConsLack of respect for knowledgeable resources. Post acquisition lack of vision and industry knowledge. Harris Management MIA, therefore no exposure to day-to-day activities and morale of employees. Employee comments, recommendations and advancement are based on favoritism, rather then what is best for the company. There are some resources that should be managers, but they will not be considered because current management is threatened.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecommend Harris Executive team meet with employees, generate open lines of communication before they lose their investment.

I was put into a Business Analyst postion which I had not been trained for

Senior Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Ontario, CA

ProsQuadramed took a team oriented approach to the implementation of various programs from different companies to make healhcare care productve, efficient, and profitable.

ConsDue to the continual addition of various programs from other companies,integration of the various programs became difficult and training of the implementatin consultans often lagged behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementFormulation of a single program which was compatible with more LIS systems than just Afinity
    would have eliminated the time spent in integration and redced the training time.

Buyout

Reston, VA

Pros1. Good people to work with
    2. Good challenging assignments

Cons1. Lacking communication with upper management
    2. Bad benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with employees on decisions

Where talented people go to die

Confidential (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsEmployees are treated well and fairly. Benefits are very good and management treats employees well.

ConsManagers do not know the technology they manage. Constant attempts to follow other companies technology decisions. Product Management is not forward thinking, way too much of a "me too" attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart recruiting new employees as the current employees are aging and will eventually leave/retire leaving large knowledge gaps.

So-so company

Orlando, FL

ProsGreat talent, nice pay, free coffee

ConsStingy CEO, layoffs with revolving door positions, major HIPPA violations

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep good employees and not low paid one's

Worked for QuadraMed? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QuadraMed reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for QuadraMed CEO Jeff Bender . All 23 reviews posted anonymously by QuadraMed employees.