QuadraMed Reviews

Updated September 9, 2014
Updated September 9, 2014
2.8

Jeff Bender

Lots of work, not a lot of people to do it

I worked at QuadraMed full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Compensation and benefits were good Allowed employees to work remote. Managers do not micro-manage. Many long-term employees that really know the product and application.

Cons

Lack of product direction and vision. When there is vision, there is not enough money to implement it. Product is way too much me-too and not innovative. Not enough new blood and employee work force is definitely aging with no plans to replace key people as they leave and/or retire.

Create plans on how to replace employees that are leaving. Bring in new blood with new ideas. Get away from "this is how we have always done it" mentality.

Times are a Changing

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at QuadraMed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the past we have enjoyed the collegial and the supportive nature of the large team that worked together to help our customers achieve an excellent and cost effective Electronic Health Record (EMR). We had good earnings; good enough in fact that it made us attractive to be bought by Harris Computing from our then owners. However, sales have been flat and layoffs frequent. These have caused many people like myself to seek consider other career opportunities.

Cons

Currently flat sales and declining system implementations

Stop ruling by numbers alone and take a longer view and approach to developing the products and human capital.

It was a great place to work, until FP bought it.

I worked at QuadraMed full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Passionate group of employees. Believed in the mission of the Company.

Cons

Went downhill after acquired by Francisco Partners. It was obvious from the start that they only cared for how much they could get out of the Company and not the long term best interests of its success.

None. All the good management left.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

QuadraMed + Harris = Titanic + Iceburg

I worked at QuadraMed full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work/life balance. Friendly people. Job variety.

Cons

Vile new owners with no clue about American Healthcare or how to run anything larger than a $10M business unit. Splitting the Enterprise applications in to two disparate units equates to doom. Company fails to pay vendors, DirecTV was actually turned off at one location. No Enterprise sales in 4 years and since purchasing QCPR from Misys there were only 2 net new customers (not counting conversions). Client attrition is vile for QCPR. Affinity attrition slowed but that's after 1/2 the customers left due to former regime that strong armed customers in to paying a 2nd time for what they already bought.

Push back on Harris or close up shop.

Working contract to perm

Current Employee - Web Applications Designer/Engineer  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Web Applications Designer/Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at QuadraMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, flexible, good work/life balance, work with new tech

Cons

some talent gaps pose organizational issues

Once a great experience, now a dying memory!

I worked at QuadraMed for more than 8 years

Pros

Great friends and co-workers, a wonderful feeling of teamwork. Was a wonderful place for many, many, years with great leadership, vision, desire and a plan. Under Harris, we are dying a slow death and not only do they not understand, they don't care. An American Healthcare company run by Canadian Bean Counters = misery all around.

Cons

No vision. No plan, at least for the Clinical and Revenue Cycle business units. MPI and Enterprise Self Service have growth opportunity and a future, QCPR and Revenue Cycle are on the way out. There's no future at all in either business unit. Benefits suck, who caps 401(k) at $2000 per year, IF you are there on the last day of the year. No carry over for Personal Time Off. Only 2 options, PPO and HSA for Healthcare. Canadian company with NO IDEA how to provide benefits for American's. We don't take 5 weeks per year off, that's why we are the #1 Economy in the world. Imposing Socialist policies on American companies will only expedite their downfall. Let me carry over and/or cash out unused Personal Time.

Stop running a $95M company like you run $8M start-ups. You cannot treat a company, culturally or financially that has 300+ employees the same as you do an organization with 15 companies. Learn and understand business life cycle.

Management has a lack of vision & direction.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at QuadraMed full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent products and passionate employees.

Cons

Lack of respect for knowledgeable resources. Post acquisition lack of vision and industry knowledge. Harris Management MIA, therefore no exposure to day-to-day activities and morale of employees. Employee comments, recommendations and advancement are based on favoritism, rather then what is best for the company. There are some resources that should be managers, but they will not be considered because current management is threatened.

Recommend Harris Executive team meet with employees, generate open lines of communication before they lose their investment.

I was put into a Business Analyst postion which I had not been trained for

Former Employee - Senior Technical Business Analyst  in  Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Business Analyst in Ontario, CA

I worked at QuadraMed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quadramed took a team oriented approach to the implementation of various programs from different companies to make healhcare care productve, efficient, and profitable.

Cons

Due to the continual addition of various programs from other companies,integration of the various programs became difficult and training of the implementatin consultans often lagged behind.

Formulation of a single program which was compatible with more LIS systems than just Afinity
    would have eliminated the time spent in integration and redced the training time.

Buyout

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at QuadraMed full-time

Pros

1. Good people to work with
    2. Good challenging assignments

Cons

1. Lacking communication with upper management
    2. Bad benefits

Communicate with employees on decisions

Where talented people go to die

Current Employee - Confidential  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Reston, VA

I have been working at QuadraMed full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employees are treated well and fairly. Benefits are very good and management treats employees well.

Cons

Managers do not know the technology they manage. Constant attempts to follow other companies technology decisions. Product Management is not forward thinking, way too much of a "me too" attitude.

Start recruiting new employees as the current employees are aging and will eventually leave/retire leaving large knowledge gaps.

Worked for QuadraMed? Contribute to the Community!