QualTex Laboratories

QualTex Laboratories Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not bad for introverts, but not good for extroverts!

Supervisor (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsFlexible time off, continuing education webinars, good sense of inspection readiness, good place to start if you are out of school and don't have much experience

ConsLeadership poorly trained in regards to managing and listing to their workers, pay is not commensurate with experience, those employees promoted internally micromanage their successors, especially if they come from outside the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to those employees that come from other career fields; we have good ideas that may work well for your company. We can also help research and present topics that may be of benefit to others. I offered to do this, but was told by Management: "No one will listen to you...you work here now, and we have to bring someone from the outside to present it, in order for anyone to listen". Ouch!

Worst job of my career

Processing Lab Technician (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsLots of opportunity for overtime

ConsHard to take vacation or get vacation approved, because they the can't retain enough employees to cover for each other. Very little opportunity to cross train on different jobs, which is important for advancement. Very low morale. Losing business due to consolidation of plasma collection companies, and their investment in their own testing facilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best lab techs don't make the best managers. Many times they don't have the people skills to treat subordinates professionally.

QualTex

Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsPlenty of overtime.
    Laid back atmosphere for departments outside of the laboratory.
    Great hands on training for biomedical machines, if there is time to get trained or rather, people to do the training.

ConsUnder staff and poorly managed.
    High turnover rate with employees.
    Company will under pay you for your experience until you notify HR, who will then have the audacity to ask you not to let your peers know that they not getting a fair market salary.
    Benefits are extremely unsatisfactory compared to other NONPROFIT organizations.
      - Family insurance rates are ridiculous.
    Employees who are noted for excelling in their work are given additional responsibilities without the additional monetary increases.
      - Keep doing this and you will lose more employees, oh wait, i think that's already happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementFavoritism is a natural human behavior. However, it should be avoided in the workplace.

Offer alternating 4 ten hour shifts to employees, thus covering all hours of the day and reducing the necessity for people being on call. Ensure all processing labs have a supervisor/lead present.

Side stepping and prolonging key issues on benefits and than expecting stellar performance from employees is a recipe for disaster.

Worked for QualTex Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!