100% of the CEO
Paul E. Jacobs
I have been working at Qualcomm
Pros – Competent and smart people around you. Good place to gain experience from one of the leaders in wireless industry.
Cons – Can get monotonous. It has become a big company with a lot of people in the middle to senior positions. Hence opportunity for promotions and fast growth within the company may be limited.
Advice to Senior Management – Innovation within the company may be getting slower. They have to come up with ways to drive this.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2008-06-11 18:19 PDT
2 people found this helpful
I have been working at Qualcomm full-time for more than a year
Pros – Decent pay, health benefits blah blah blah.... which can make you lazy enough not to move or grow.
Definitely awesome company to work for if you are in the right team
If you are smart enough to figure out the chaos then this is the company for you.
Cons – A lot of them. Some of them are my experiences most of them are what my friends are going through now.
1) Will make you more lazy if you are in the wrong team
2) Boss will give you a dumb job some times
3) Beware of your own team members. You never know who will pull you down.
4) Things do get done because there is always a crazy push and managers here try to hire more folks than to sharpen the brains already present in the team :) (i hope you get my point)
5) Some managers here never are so pro for your career growth although during the interview they sing to your tunes.
6) Coming to your office don't be surprise if you are crammed and HR doesn't even care about the ergonomics no more :).
7) One more thing if its too hard to believe trust me I have a lot of time in hand and i have been growing crazier. Even some of my so called team mates (very smart PhD's Mit stanford grads) enjoy their lives and act off to show they have work to do in meetings, in reality that would have been completed the assigned task in 2 hrs already.So you get the point.
8) One more e.g. Say If you want to borrow a pencil for another team typically you go ask for the person whom you know in that team. But here they send out emails which include a big group to let every one know that you are working and it is frustrating.
9) Currently an example for a good culture turned bad, and hiring a lot of asians directly from India/China (Indian's and chinese) has made it even worse. They don't have any other hobby, i think work is the only hobby or habit and now the company looks like sweat shop . Being an asian i feel very sorry for them. I second this.
10) Last but not the least:No room to grow :) so experienced folks what so ever you guys are low balled all the time and think twice before that move. Learn more about the team better.
11) There is a lot of redundancy.
12) Some of them think Industry=Qualcomm. I am just surprised.
13) Hires a lot of outstanding PhD's for test engineering (some times its dumb) and they lose their hard gained knowledge.
Advice to Senior Management – I always yearned to work for this company, was thrilled when i joined but i got burned out in the first month.So my request to you :can you get that wanting to work for back please. Pay, Benefits alone is not good enough. Promoting your folk at time would help.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2013-03-01 21:58 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –