Qualcomm

www.qualcomm.com

Qualcomm Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Great work-life balance, stable company, great sense of contribution to the world(in 103 reviews)

• Good chance to work on latest and cutting edge technology(in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • Management does not seem to care about the work life balance of its employees(in 93 reviews)

• I worked extremely long hours without receiving even a 'thank you' in most cases(in 74 reviews)

Wonderful

ProsLearning experience is wonderful at QC.

ConsWork can get a bit hectic

Aggressive company, good compensation

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsAggressively pushes forward on mobile across all areas, on cutting edge of mobile technology expansion. Lots of opportunity for top engineers to contribute and grow into technical leadership roles. Relative to other companies I have worked at, pretty non-political organization. Strong and fair compensation (based on company performance) across all tiers of engineering. Engineering centric org. Generally engineers are hard working, smart, and decent people.

ConsPace of product development and delivery can be rough on engineering. Being remote to San Diego is still a bit of an issue, although vastly less than 5 years ago. Not that good of a place for mediocre/run-of-the-mill engineers. Could use some improving on campus perks relative to other Bay Area options.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand on campus perks / building layouts / etc to better match the other companies in Bay Area.

Good entry level job in Qualcomm

RF Test Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood salary, working environment, training platform

ConsToo concentrate on your special field, few chance to get close to other work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovative, balanced work life

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsStable, good job security, scope for innovation and career growth

ConsThere are way too many very senior titles (VPs, Snr Directors, Directors). Some projects can be slow paced and plagued by excessive number of stagnant senior people. They tend to weigh down the profitability and momentum of potentially great projects.

Device Engineer Intern

Intern (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosfun projects and lab manager is very helpful in techniques. Learned a lot and helpful for future career development. The HR is nice and organized a lot activities

Consthe work load for an intern is quite a lot. they called to require preparing result summary power points at late night for a few times

Qualcomm is a great company to work for

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSigning bonus, stock grants, good work culture.
    People celebrate each anniversary with Qualcomm by bring in several dozen donuts or other goodies.
    Company supplies free soft drinks and bottled water.
    The also put out various types of snacks crackers, popcorn,pretzels, various fruits and veggies.
    Company has seminars and classes often on a variety of subjects. Many of these are offered by webcast and recordings.

ConsSome of the seminars and classes are offered only in the San Diego facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementWherever possible, please make the seminars available via webcast.

Amazing experience, helpful colleagues..Really good work atmosphere, Best place to work !

Prosyou get to learn a lot of things from a team of professionals

ConsI was an intern here.. So can't comment on this..Sorry !

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job !

Downward spiral

Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsThe pay is excellent and you really are working with the cream of the crop, best of the best, etc. The engineers and designers there are amazing.

ConsThe company is cutting the employees' benefits and perks a little every year. When I started a decade ago, everyone got an office, our pay was in the top %ile, insurance was top notch, there were device and education subsidies. Over time, each of these is vanishing; our salaries are median at best, our insurance is okay but not great, our device subsidies have vanished. And the list goes on. It's still an ok company to work for, but it is coasting on a previous reputation, and isn't nearly as great as it once was.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to keep trying to attract top tier talent, you need to think about getting back to the way you had it a few years ago. Give people a reason to choose you over Google and Amazon.

Awesome place to work with great values

ProsGreat co workers and management,

ConsWork life gets hectic at times

Quite good

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsAlways on toes, with latest in market. Innovation is instilled in teams

Consyou have to make concious effort for work life balance.

Advice to Senior Managementnone!

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!