Qualcomm

www.qualcomm.com
Employer Engaged

Qualcomm Reviews

Updated February 24, 2015
These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
Updated February 24, 2015
1,392 Reviews
3.9
1,392 Reviews

Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf
Steve Mollenkopf
1,392 Ratings

Pros
  • Great work-life balance if you're on the high-level software teams (in 131 reviews)

• Exposure of cutting edge technology, Fast paced environment (in 114 reviews)

Cons
  • Management does not seem to care about the work life balance of its employees (in 114 reviews)

• I worked extremely long hours without receiving even a 'thank you' in most cases (in 90 reviews)

More Highlights

Review

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Great place to learn and work

Cons

There are no cons here

Great company in a city with limited opportunities

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Great company to work with

Cons

Job ecosystem is limited in San Diego

The best game in town

Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Good sick/vacation time policies for professional-level employees (different policies for admin, entry level, etc.), on-site doctor's office at HQ
    * Numerous activities for employees (movies in the auditorium, discounts from theme parks, summer lunchtime events)
    * Top tech company to work for in San Diego

Cons

* Work-life balance means they add fun things to your 40+ hrs/week and expectation of reading e-mail 7 days a week, day and night
    * Some groups are better, more functional, more enjoyable than others

I'd be happy with fewer perks if it meant not getting chided for waiting until Monday morning to respond to Sunday night e-mails.

Employer of choice

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros

Great place to work. I was treated well, compensated generously, given ample opportunity to grow my skills, and felt appreciated by my colleagues and business leaders.

Cons

Once you've worked at Qualcomm, it's difficult to consider working anywhere else.

Continue to treat employees well and recognize their contributions to the success of the business.

director of engineering

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros

Technology, Benefits, work-life balance choice

Cons

Targets, Silos, Indirect expenses, Lacks of Sales and BI

Sr. staff engineer

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good engineering company and technology leadership

Cons

long work hours and complexity inside organization

keep up the good work

A solid company with great benefits and opportunities to learn but missing life-balance

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Currently employed at Qualcomm and I am enjoying the opportunities to take on big tasks right at the start. The benefits are excellent (ESPP/RSU/401K among best in the industry), great health care, and a nice campus. Team is very receptive to assist when needed. I feel that I can develop a very strong career here with live long learning by working with this top-tier talent. We have a great CEO that values what is important for long-term growth versus what makes stock holders happy.

Cons

The culture here seems to be "work first, family second" without directly saying it. While no one will force you to work long hours, the culture seems to dictate it. I know people that had to work over holidays and sacrifice family trips. While this isn't uncommon in our industry, it's sad to see it continued here. The social events that Qualcomm holds for their employees are very far and few between (I know some groups have more than others but my group has very few). I've worked for other semiconductor companies where this was the opposite.

As a result of the culture, it seems like employees want to get their things done and go directly home. There is very little socializing out side of work or team-building. When I've tried to organize events for my group to meet even for a simple happy hour, it was met with little enthusiasm. I know work isn't meant to be "social hour" but it is nice to have team camaraderie. Life isn't all about the 9-5 (well, more like 8-8 here).

Please work on life-balance and promoting more of a light-hearted team atmosphere. Even though Qualcomm is under enormous pressure to perform, it pays dividends when the team isn't constantly stressed out. I really like working here; make me love working here!

Good team and work environment making for a good work-life balance

Current Employee - CPU Design Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - CPU Design Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

I work for the CPU team where all the teams are pretty focused on their objectives with projects and their goals well defined. This creates a good work environment with exciting engineering challenges.

Cons

Nothing bad as such apart from I feel social interactions as work place are pretty less.

Great atmosphere and good benefits.

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Good benefits, good atmosphere, good people to work with.

Cons

It is hard not being at the main company location, which is San Diego.

Great culture

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Leadership embodies the values they espouse, very collaborative and some wicked smart engineers. Company believes anything is possible and will work to make that true. Benefits are very good.

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest and planning could be better ... planned. Not much in the way of career planning either - you just keep slogging away until its your turn to be promoted.

Revisit pay structure across the board - not just the top execs.