Qualcomm Reviews

Reset

2,055 Employee Reviews

1. Great place to work

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time

Pros

Wire variety of tools and technology to work with, benefits, & global organization.

Cons

Quantity of concurrent projects and workload.

2. Qualcomm IT

Pros

great work / life flexibility with hours

Cons

several levels of management, hard to navigate.

Advice to Management

allow multiple work from home days.

3. Software Integration Engineer

Former Employee - Software Integration Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Integration Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm (More than a year)

Pros

Very progressive company. Doesn't skimp on equipment or acitvities.

Cons

None, other than I was laid off

Advice to Management

Please rebuild Qualcomm after the restructure

5. Engineer

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time

Pros

Qualcomm is an industry leading fabless semiconductor company. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Long hours and hard work. Late nights and early mornings to communicate with teams around the world

6. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Lots of opportunity to learn new skills if you are not too busy with your workload.

Cons

Layoffs are happening. Once they are over I'm sure the company will move back to a positive work environment.

Advice to Management

Careful who you layoff.

7. QCT has not future if Apple doesn't stay to be customer

Current Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally, employees are treated with respect. The benefit package is excellent. Qualcomm's engineering organization is very good.

Cons

Qualcomm's business outlook doesn't look good. What if Apple diversifies to Intel? What if Apple starts making its own baseband chips? It is hard to understand what Qualcomm looks like 3 years from now.

Advice to Management

You have highly skilled engineers...I think it makes sense to take care of employees and give everyone space to innovate. The key for Qualcomm's business rests on its employees, not the investors.

8. Support Engineer

Current Employee - Support Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm (More than a year)

Pros

i like to work here

Cons

there is no carrier growth

9. Great company on hard times

Pros

My experience at Qualcomm was excellent. They have excellent salary and benefits and they treat their employees with respect. I was given all the support I needed to do my job, and my managers did not micro-manage or ask for constant updates. I was given goals that helped me to grow, and if I needed advice, my managers would make themselves available to help. There are a lot of perks, especially working in the San Diego office, where there is a lap pool, volleyball, tennis, and basketball courts, multiple gyms, and also, now they have a new soccer field, etc. There are also lots of interesting conferences and lectures that are available for any employee to attend -- if you can find the time. My advice if you join Qualcomm -- take advantage of all the amenities!

Cons

When I first started at Qualcomm, it was still going through tremendous growth. Now the growth has stopped, and they are having to cut back. It will be a challenge for a company geared for growth to now have to pare down and transition to being cost-driven. I'm hopeful they will be able get back to more growth, but it seems it will be difficult since the cell phone market is mature now and seems to be at a plateau. They are trying to grow the adjacent markets, but only time will tell if they are successful. It's a big company now, so engineers tend to get placed into very specific roles, and you might do generally the same thing unless you make a move. If you're looking to grow in your position or get a promotion, you will need to take initiative, be very motivated, and be patient.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your employees and make sure they don't get burned out. Be careful about pulling in project dates too aggressively. Encourage career development by giving engineers different challenges and rotating roles instead of them having to make a move to do something different.

10. Great Company

Current Employee - Staff Systems Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Systems Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Qualcomm is a well-run company. It gives its employees flexibility to explore new ideas while providing a general framework in which to get things done. Management is clear about communicating objectives and expectations.

Cons

The current business environment is not as great for cell phone chips as expected, and the company is suffering some pain because of this, but Qualcomm is well-positioned for when market corrections are done.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in future technologies. Continue to provide an environment where great employees can do great things. Do everything you can to retain the best employees.

11. Feedback from a long term employee

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm (More than 10 years)

Pros

A employee oriented company. As a market leader and pioneering company employees get opportunities to work on state of the art technology and tools. Apart from periods of intense work phase most of the time it provides good work/life balance.

Cons

Salary and other financial benefits is not very good compared to other comparable companies. It is unclear as to where the company is heading towards and the work spirit is increasingly going down.

Advice to Management

Improve employee moral with a more robust product diversity and growth plan. Human resource is the best asset for a technology company. Keeping this in mind ensure good employees are rewarded and cared for.

Showing 2,055 of 2,346 reviews