QualiTest Group

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
3.2

Yaron Kottler

They are growing company who care for their people !

Current Employee - Software Testing Engineer in Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Software Testing Engineer in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at QualiTest Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Open environment, you can talk with even the CEO about and issue & he will address it, he cares & will take time to interact with the staff
    - They value our opinion, they take our votes for new cups they made for the company etc
    - The Sr management is very approachable & friendly
    - The monthly events
    - The training program - if you are a new tester getting into the world, the exposure & training you receive here is great.
    - The overall work environment
    - The exposure to a tester of various tools & various projects is GREAT

Cons

- The Salary for entry level is not THE BEST, but they make up in benefits (such as the gym plan where they pay for the gym & we earn vacation days), training, overall environment
    - Its an environment that is not structured, if you like structure, this is probably not the place for you. But if you want to have flexibility, open work culture, this is good for you

Consider more joint company events
    Keep doing the good job you are doing

Needs to have a higher pay rate

I worked at QualiTest Group as a contractor

Pros

Works with people who are just starting out.

Cons

Very low pay rate....their pay rate is half of the industry standard. Their starting pay is $30K and should be $50K - $60K

Pay your contractors at a competitive rate.

Team oriented and courteous people to work with.

Current Employee - Quality Technician in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Quality Technician in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at QualiTest Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This has been a good place to work where every person pulls together to get the job done. TEAM WORK!!!!

Cons

Have given presentation on processes that were giving different ideas to people, company is good about acknowledging ones strengths and abilities to get jobs done.

Acknowledge your good workers for the work and effort that your employees put forward to get the job done RIGHT the first time and on a timely matter.

Dynamic, fast paced, working with cutting edge customers across multiple industries

Current Employee - Director BD in Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Director BD in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at QualiTest Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very smart people, a lot of learning every day, high energy environment, very interesting business challenges to understand each customer's unique QA environment and tailor an optimal testing solution for them

Cons

You need to be able to thrive in an office that can be noisy and at times a bit chaotic, there is so much going on that it can be overwhelming at times but never boring, the pace of change can be too much

With so much going on and so much growth you need to keep communicating with all employees about what is going on at the company, you have tried hard to do this but there are always people who do not know the latest

Fun fun fun... (And yes, also work)

Current Employee - Software Testing Expert in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Testing Expert in San Diego, CA

I have been working at QualiTest Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about being at QualiTest is that our office in San Diego is like a big family; everyone is generally very friendly and helpful. We are even going together every morning to the Cross-fit (A membership the is fully covered by QualiTest. Isn't that great !!)

Cons

Don't have anything yet... I hope I never will.

I love the happy hours... but now with the Gym membership you gave us, try to go on healthy food and just cakes and pizza.

Cheap employer and controlling management

Former Employee - Software QA Test Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software QA Test Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at QualiTest Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work is simple, nothing too hard to learn. I just graduated and didn't care where I work first, this place will take anyone that is willing to accept a low salary.

Cons

People who work here didn't have other options so you meet all types of weird people. The office is filthy and instead of cleaning they keep bringing food in. Some of upper management is extremely controlling, to the point that they missed many good ideas from many juniors because they refused to listen to them. Just because some of the new people are juniors doesn't mean they don't have great ideas.

Listen to your juniors. Don't talk over them. Pay attention to your retention rate, there is a reason why everyone leaves your company. Don't enforce Glassdoor reviews. Don't monitor everyone's every step, micromanagement is not healthy for the workplace.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Tester in Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Tester in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at QualiTest Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management are very friendly and approachable. The lead testers are good teachers. There are plenty of opportunities to advance in the company as it is growing quite quickly.

Cons

The salaries are slightly less than market averages. As a result, there is a high rate of turnover for highly talented individuals.

There are very few group activities that take place outside of work hours. It would be nice if some were organized

The best place to get an experience in the QA & Testing

Current Employee - Junior Test Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Test Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at QualiTest Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best place to get an experience in the QA & Testing, I learned a lot and I'm feeling lucky to be near so many talented co worker. Also, the game zone is great... I need to practice some more on the pool table in order to win some games :)

Cons

Not much... sometimes the project is annoying and not interesting.

Bring more challenging projects, continue with the education lectures in the conference room

Not a very good choice for anyone

Former Employee - Junior Tester in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Tester in San Diego, CA

I worked at QualiTest Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company gives people with no prior experience or skills jobs.

Cons

Unsanitary office, probably because the company packs a small space with too many people.

Senior management tries too hard to make you part of a "team" that it feels more like a cult. Senior management seemed to lack logic when giving out instructions to juniors.

It seemed like the branch that I was at was filled with slow learners, but working here made me aware of what to look for when I was interviewing at my current company.

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone unless job offers are scarce. I only was at this company for 3 weeks when I noticed all the issues they were having so I quickly moved on.

I think the issues were the type of people who were "chosen" for management positions. I watched many juniors and seniors put in their 2 weeks notice and I realize that the people in management positions were there by default.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Junior Tester in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Tester in San Diego, CA

I have been working at QualiTest Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Provide opportunities to grow & learn

Cons

Benefits (health insurance)- could be better.

QualiTest Group Photos