Qualigence Reviews

11 reviews filtered by
3.4
Steve Lowisz

1. I miss the Q!

I worked at Qualigence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is extensive and adequate. Everyone is extremely helpful, from the CEO to the Receptionist. Wonderful kitchen available, with dishwasher, dishes, utensils, glasses, refrigerators, microwave, sink, plus coffee for everyone to use (free of charge). Employee events/culture is fantastic. A great, mostly young group of people to work with. TVs in break room provide a mid-day stress reliever, if needed. Relaxed dress code. Excellent benefits. Technology is on the cutting edge. IT staff is incredibly helpful and easily accessible. Ops is amazing! I can't say enough about working at Qualigence!

Cons

Home-work balance is a bit lacking. Despite the advanced technology available, most employees are unable to work from home. The entire company works a mandatory 8a-5p schedule, with most employees working over 40 hours per week (either early mornings, or late nights). Pay for the Ops department and researchers especially is a bit lacking.

Advice to Management

Giving employees the access to work from home (even a couple days a week) will create a much happier staff. Those staff members with chronic illnesses or especially those with kids would greatly benefit from being able to work from home. The CEO needs to connect more with those he doesn't work directly with. He is the final decision maker on most decisions within the company and, therefore, needs to be more attuned to what his employees' needs are. Qualigence has lost very valuable employees because they were either underpaid or were unable to find a sufficient home/work balance. Senior management are always approachable and friendly, as well as helpful. They do work with you to make up any hours missed (for doctor's appointments, kid's events, etc.). However, they do need to communicate more with the CEO on behalf of their staff. When they either sense or have been told directly that an employee is having trouble balancing work with home, they need to step up and talk to the CEO to try and work something out for their most valuable staff members.

2. Frustrating

Former Employee - Research Consultant in Livonia, MI

I worked at Qualigence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A chance to learn the business and a decent salary of you are entry level.

Cons

Micromanaged from top down. Very little trust and little opportunity to advance into a position with true decision making opportunity. Bonus opportunity dangled like a carrot which is rarely paid. CEO sends wrong message to employees by wearing custom suits and driving a new luxury car every other week and then somehow finds a reason that bonuses won't be paid that quarter or year. Even average employees, as long as they are effective and productive, generate many multiples of what they are paid, so even a 20% bonus would barely touch the bottom line revenues, but greatly incentivize them for a job well done in a very difficult field.

Advice to Management

Empower the employees that are capable, reward everyone when they produce results, and trust them.

3. Average company, you will learn a lot though. Good place to start out of college.

Former Employee - Research Consultant in Livonia, MI

I worked at Qualigence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay, Should be more competitive. It is hard to get promoted. You can only grow so much here. good place to start

Cons

CEO is average. There are lies told sometimes. overall good company but needs to pay employees more money. Not enough for the hard work put in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. promote more

5. Great people, great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Qualigence full-time

Pros

Work-life balance is fantastic and the opportunity for advancement presents itself to those who are willing to prove themselves and do what it takes.

Cons

Like any organization internal communication can always be a struggle but it is what the people to do change it that make the difference.

Advice to Management

Teach, listen & engage!

6. Great team environment, something new every day

I have been working at Qualigence full-time

Pros

There is a really great culture here that thrives on working as a team. Everyone is comfortable speaking freely with each other regardless of job title, which allows for a good amount of collaboration. The work is interesting and each and every day is different - have to be able to think on your toes.

Cons

Steadfast in no telecommute option for team

7. So glad I made the change.....

I have been working at Qualigence full-time

Pros

Coming from working for mainly fortune 500 corporations I was unsure what to expect from a much smaller company. So glad I made the change! Qualigence has been a wonderful company to work for. The managment including the CEO are by far some of the best I have worked for. They are open to feedback and willing to make changes if it just works better for the staff and the company as a whole. The offices are well maintained and very accomodating. Free coffee and snacks are plentiful. The industry itself is exciting and I have learned a lot. My input on various projects is valued and I am encouraged to think outside the box. As long as I am producing results I am trusted to manage my day how I see best, which I love! I love interacting with the team and work around highly intelligent, motivated, and competent individuals. Everyone takes their job seriously and have been nothing but professional. Not to mention we let off steam with company picnics, trips to the gun range, and the occasional happy hour after work!

Cons

I just live very far!

Advice to Management

Move closer to the eastside!

8. Friendly, team-oriented environment.

Current Employee - Business Development Officer in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Business Development Officer in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Qualigence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Qualigence management team is entirely focused on having you succeed. As a BDO, you do not feel rivalry among the rest of the team and account management is there to help you, not be a source of conflict. They really strive to help you become better in sales, especially when you are not used to the type of work that we do. There is no maximum on how much you can make in compensation. One of the best parts is you receive commission for life while you are at Qualigence.

Cons

It is a team-oriented small business. If you are looking for a big business that you can blend in among the rest with, this firm is not for you.

9. Average place to work. Good place to start

Current Employee - Research Consultant in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Research Consultant in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Qualigence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about how companies work. You will become very good at talking with people on the phone. CEO's and down. Free coffee and lunch once and awhile.

Cons

Not much advancement. job is nothing special. normal 8-5. the top managers could use some help learning how to manage. Drive is far. Not enough compensation.

Advice to Management

Pay more to your employees.

10. Short lived and not for everybody

Former Employee - Recruitment in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Recruitment in Livonia, MI

I worked at Qualigence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting concept, valuable information/research, and majority of the people are nice

Cons

Management, metrics driven, poor leadership, no direction or advancement

Advice to Management

Provide better training, treat people right, be ethical and fire yourself

11. Not given enough time to perform

Former Employee - Business Development in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Business Development in Livonia, MI

I worked at Qualigence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice cordial co workers nice work environment

Cons

Little direction from owner little interaction with management

Advice to Management

Work closer with employees to build team

Qualigence Photos