Qualis Health

Jonathan Sugarman

I was very happy here.

Current Employee - Communications Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Communications Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualis Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

My manager is incredible -- the perfect blend of what most places of employment need these days -- someone who hires you because they consider you competent, then leave you alone to do the work, but have an open door policy and encourage you to use it should you have questions. This kind of balance worked out very well for the kind of work environment/manager I enjoy having. I have the utmost respect for my manager and it seems like the respect goes both ways -- quite refreshing.

I also really enjoy the work. Yes, it is a bit overwhelming at first to learn this industry and there is always something to learn, but if you enjoy an intellectual challenge and being able to learn new things all the time, you'll like it here, too.

My teammates are also great -- smart, funny, engaged people. Sure, they are busy as heck (most of us are here), but will help out if you ask.

Parking is free, which is nice. Training is thorough and necessary, but also a pro since not all companies actually train their workers any more. I appreciated not being thrown to the wolves! I was trained well and therefore feel successful here.

Cons

I'd agree with some of the other comments that you are pretty siloed here. That is true -- I think many teams could benefit from cross-training so that if someone is out sick, others can pick up the slack. This exists to a degree, but could be done more thoroughly so that the company is completely prepared for the worst in the event they need to be.

DONT COME HERE, YOU WILL BE SORRY

Current Employee - Intake Specialist
    Current Employee - Intake Specialist

I have been working at Qualis Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

True there are no helicopter managers here. You never see them at all. They never say goodmorning to you and stay in their offices all the time unless going to eat or smoke breaks. You are given quite a bit of latitude, some take extreme advantage of it and there is never any repercussions for these actions either. You don't need to dress up. Parking is free, right off the Northgate freeway.

Cons

Only communication is via email unless there is some gross error on your part then you called down to the "big ones" office. Clearly with new management director that has been brought in this is now a favorites office. Only those that are ingratiated between "the buns" of those in charge get any recognition and promotion. You are constantly lied to about how you are being appreciated, but never receive any type of monetary reward or recognition.

Stop telling people or advertising that someone needs a medical degree to work in this sweat shop. A high school student can come here and learn this job as they sit at their desk. Of course they would need competent training schedules, which are lacking. Respect that everyone doesn't fit into a round hole and have far more abilities than what you may be unaware. This is not your person country to run with downbeaten subjects. Show everyone respect.

VERY poor management & executive team. No recognition for a job well done. Poor pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Qualis Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You learn a lot mainly because you are forced to sink or swim from the get-go.
    Employees have free parking- almost unheard of in Seattle. Sorry, that's really one of the only pros to working here...

Cons

Oh boy, where do begin. Pay is low. Rewards, recognition, incentives, positive feedback, advancement opportunities... ALL NON-EXISTENT! This company has a VERY old school/"good-old-boys," mentality. Cliquey and high-school like maturity levels of a lot of people- especially in upper management. If you are looking for flexible schedules, the opportunity to be independent, creative, innovative.. DO NOT WORK HERE. If you want to get credit, praise, acknowledgement, or rewards for going above and beyond... WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE! So much of my talent and time was WASTED here. The company cares more about their contract and their budget vs. their employees. Workload is unrealistic, expectations are even MORE unrealistic. Don't plan on having a life outside of work- or you will be penalized.

Management and executives needs to walk the talk. This company claims to be caring, innovative, etc. WRONG. Try recognizing "the little people," who sit in the cubes and do all the work that your managers take credit for and get bonuses for. Realize how "old school" and backwards thinking you are. Realize that your company values and ideals are a work of FICTION.

What started as a great place to work turned into a nightmare!

Former Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA

I worked at Qualis Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Non-profit. Really helping customers, national recognition.

Cons

Managers, supervisors and upper management don't care about the workers. They over work you, stress you out and make you feel like you are getting fired everyday. They send trivial emails when they should just let people do their jobs and take care of the patients well being. They have a high turnover of supervisors and managers not because they always quit but because sometimes the BEST supervisors/managers get fired for actually caring about their workers. This job needs to be reported to the BBB! Many workers are sick, depressed and down because of the constant drilling, undermining, favoritism and stress this job provides. They need to hire more people but they'd rather overwork everyone. Just too much unnecessary stress. Lots of cliques and high school cafeteria behavior. HR doesn't help you when you've been disrespected. Cussed at, discriminated against or ask for help with anything.

Get rid of the bad seeds in management and listen to your employees. Your workers are dying everyday because of the stressful environment. You all need to be reported to the president of the US for your behavior. You need a makeover and intervention. Open up the windows in that building and let all that cold, swine flu (that you never reported to us) out of that building. Remember the bottom line: customer service. If you treat your workers like trash it effects their performance and your overall service to our customers!

Never Again

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualis Health full-time

Pros

They often allow flexible schedule

Cons

The typical workload is unrealistic

Try something else

In a six year time frame, the division in which I was employed went through three major reorganizations. It was chaotic.

Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA

I worked at Qualis Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a nonprofit organization. Its quality improvement side has gained national prominence. There are many intelligent talented people working there.

Cons

The Care Management side of the company has experienced dramatic change with poor change management creating change exhaustion.

Live the stated mission. Spend less time worrying about how things look to outsiders and more time addressing staff needs and ideas. Work on change management. Stop overloading middle management.