Qualitest Pharmaceuticals

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Great place to get experience, good co workers, great benefits.

Cons

Long hours, a lot of management fun over.

Implement rules and stick with them!

Chemist

Current Employee - Chemist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Chemist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Great benefits and great training programs.

Cons

It has less opportunities for promotions.

better performance reviews process.

Very prejudice company involving promotions.

I have been working at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals

Pros

You get to work as much overtime as you want. So you have the opportunity to make decent money.

Cons

Even if you don't want the overtime it's forced at times. It's like they don't want you to have a life.

Quit treating your people like garbage! They are the ones that are making you rich.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary, good benefits, specially health insurance.

Cons

No leadership. Lack of opportunities. No work life balance. Working weekends is the standard. Brand is not recognized by Pharma peers. Culture has not changed after being acquired by Endo due to same people running the company.

Get rid of the previous Qualitest owners and senior management, and start acting like the multinational you would like to be and keep telling investors.

No training, poor sanitation, should not be producing medicine

Current Employee - Supervisor of Manufacturing in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Supervisor of Manufacturing in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paid well for your time

Cons

Falsification of documentation and no training

Learn how to train and spend time verifying that training.

Rapidly growing company with good benefits.

Current Employee - Management in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Management in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and flexibility in work schedule. Nice pay and bonus structure. Team environment, with many opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Chaotic environment. Communication gaps. High turnover. The quality and quantity of relevant training is poor. Equipment is dated, although upgrades are planned.

Invest in more training across the board.

Except the unexpected, and not in a good way.

I have been working at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

The benefits are pretty ok for an entry level position. As much overtime as you can work if you chose (or are chosen).

Cons

Racism (not the kind you would expect), favoritism, lying management, pay scale is vastly different from person to person, HR is useless, you can not advance in your position, payroll will mess up your pay eventually and take months to correct it if they dont outright refuse, management actively participates in gossip with other employees and usually believes it, meaningless classes about safety and standards only to have management tell you to blatantly disobey it for the sake of production, verbal assaults by leads and supervisors in front of other employees, unrealistic expectations of time it takes to accomplish a task, no positive reinforcement, your yearly raise will be $0.35 if you are lucky, don't even bother having a question because no one will know the answer or at least say they don't, laziness is acceptable and seems like rewarded for some, your personal time off is not YOUR personal time off and will be taken to the tune of 40 hours for their mandatory shut down, don't bother making plans for the weekend that you can't cancel because they will give you mandatory overtime hours before you leave for the week, if you get sick while at work except to have an argument about whether or not you can go home, dont bother pointing out quality issues because they will either try and overlook it, scream at you for going to QA, or even suspend you (thats right they dont care that they put out bad product), they will change the schedule at the drop of a hat even if you have already scheduled your life around it (ex school, kids, any other obligations) and its on you to reschedule, a new procedure comes out every few months that you have to learn, they spend millions literally millions of dollars on equipment or "upgrades" that brake in weeks or never work at all, the hours are 12 a day with lower than average breaks, if you have a doctor's appointment you either have to lose sleep or use PTO, injuries are rarely reported past supervisor level, and they have any number of reasons to write you up if they feel like getting you fired or blocking a promotion. Its pretty much the worst place I have ever worked, just the company and how they treat their employees, not the actual job. If I had options I would leave but in this economy, im stuck.

Listen to your employees, we know what would make things more efficient. We want to work, we want to do our jobs, stop getting in our way so we can make you your product. If you find that too difficult, just quit your job, you have more opportunities for other employment than we do.

Not much room for growth

I have been working at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People that I work with are very nice. The pay is pretty good. The hours are good.

Cons

They stress teamwork but don't really practice it. To many chiefs telling you what to do.

Laboratory moral, Low??? Decide for yourself

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, growing pharmeceutical company, Stocks to rise, Endo owned

Cons

No over time, policies constantly changing to include SOPs. Management constantly changing therefore nothing consistant. The work environment to very stressful and untrustworthy. Management has no trust in employee and employee no trust in management.

Quit passing the buck. Holvek no longer CEO this must be removed... Stop the outsourcing and micromanaging. Qualitest could save monies there. Instead of having a meeting about the meeting what to do with a shut down packaging line gear up and get your hands dirty. Time is money less meeting more producing.

A

I have been working at Qualitest Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Great career opportunities, established generic manufacturer.

Cons

Workload per employee is high.