Qualitest

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

3.3

Yaron Kottler

Fun fun fun... (And yes, also work)

Current Employee - Software Testing Expert  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Testing Expert in San Diego, CA

Pros

One of the best things about being at QualiTest is that our office in San Diego is like a big family; everyone is generally very friendly and helpful. We are even going together every morning to the Cross-fit (A membership the is fully covered by QualiTest. Isn't that great !!)

Cons

Don't have anything yet... I hope I never will.

I love the happy hours... but now with the Gym membership you gave us, try to go on healthy food and just cakes and pizza.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Tester  in  Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Tester in Fairfield, CT

Pros

The management are very friendly and approachable. The lead testers are good teachers. There are plenty of opportunities to advance in the company as it is growing quite quickly.

Cons

The salaries are slightly less than market averages. As a result, there is a high rate of turnover for highly talented individuals.

There are very few group activities that take place outside of work hours. It would be nice if some were organized

The best place to get an experience in the QA & Testing

Current Employee - Junior Test Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Test Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

The best place to get an experience in the QA & Testing, I learned a lot and I'm feeling lucky to be near so many talented co worker. Also, the game zone is great... I need to practice some more on the pool table in order to win some games :)

Cons

Not much... sometimes the project is annoying and not interesting.

Bring more challenging projects, continue with the education lectures in the conference room

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a very good choice for anyone

Former Employee - Junior Tester  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Tester in San Diego, CA

Pros

This company gives people with no prior experience or skills jobs.

Cons

Unsanitary office, probably because the company packs a small space with too many people.

Senior management tries too hard to make you part of a "team" that it feels more like a cult. Senior management seemed to lack logic when giving out instructions to juniors.

It seemed like the branch that I was at was filled with slow learners, but working here made me aware of what to look for when I was interviewing at my current company.

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone unless job offers are scarce. I only was at this company for 3 weeks when I noticed all the issues they were having so I quickly moved on.

I think the issues were the type of people who were "chosen" for management positions. I watched many juniors and seniors put in their 2 weeks notice and I realize that the people in management positions were there by default.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Junior Tester  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Tester in San Diego, CA

Pros

Provide opportunities to grow & learn

Cons

Benefits (health insurance)- could be better.

Great experience

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great company. Great people. Great environment. Great opportunities.

Cons

As long as the company is growing it should align the salaries according to the market.

Keep the good work.

Horrible Management Team!

Pros

No competition from peers because they all went to Devry!

Cons

Desperate and cheap company. Rude, old, and nontechnical managers drive me nuts. I haven't met anyone who knows how to program! I watched a senior engineer get fired by a client because she didn't know the basics of the product we were assigned!

Please get out of the way of younger testers and let us do our jobs!

Unprofessional

Pros

hours, dress, not micro managed

Cons

lack work, no room for growth, hires people off the street. no need for college with them as long and you can function on a computer you get in. Hr has no clue what they are doing. no privacy every gets to see what is happening in the officee. People has smell issues which never get address Stay away and yes they do make you right reviews for them to make them look good/

Managment needs to get their act together and stop flying by the seat of their pants. Benefits need to be address. Sneaking with work ethics and business

Great start in a serious company

Current Employee - Junior QA Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior QA Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Qualitest provides a lot of knowledge about the latest tools that help us in our daily work. Moreover, all the projects are not the same, every project is a new goal and a new experience that allow you to grow in your skills. You feel in a short time that you are no longer the same professional as you started, you are much better.

Cons

The payment could be better but the new experience as quality tester is priceless.

Videos from our CEO or our managers, are the best idea to share information about Qualitest Goals and achievements. Would be a good idea to share successful stories of professionals who started as juniors and now are managers.

Software Test Engineer

Current Employee - Software QA Test Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software QA Test Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Qualitest is a great place for entry level test engineer to grow in. They are investing much time on training their employees and providing experience and knowledge that will be useful for them for the future. The fact that the company works in variety of domains (Windows, Linux, Mobile devices testing, Servers testing, Manual testing, Automation, Python, Perl, Different Software development methodologies) provide its employees that ability to gain more experience which is the main goal for many entry level engineers.

- Qualitest also provide services to different customers and therefore has the ability to promote its employees relatively faster than other organization, and offering its qualified employees management positions.

- The environment is highly professional with lots of social activities and open minded attitude for new ideas, so it makes work environment great.

- The management is highly sensitive for people needs and supporting its employees additionally in special cases.

- Training sessions: Qualitest are having training sessions for different domains for both coding and testing.

Cons

- Once in a while, work get busy and requires working extra hours (while getting paid for it).

- In some cases employees are required to work on a customer site as a service provider - Some people might not be a good fit for it (people with no communication skills).

Keep bringing the customers - we will do the rest.

Worked for Qualitest? Contribute to the Community!