Quality Business Systems

Updated April 22, 2014
3.5

Dan Brady
1 Rating

A unique experience, and great culture

I have been working at Quality Business Systems

Pros

QBSI is in an interesting position. As a subsidiary to Xerox you would expect the humdrum, and sometimes frustrating bureaucracy that seems scale hand in hand with revenue. However, QBSI retains full autonomy with its own executives just down the hall. When you combine that with what has proven to be a true "open door" policy, you get a powerful engine for enacting change on behalf of the customer.

Cons

Being a sales driven organization the continual drive to close each month better than the last can be a drain.

The fish rots from the head down

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Redmond, WA

I worked at Quality Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exceptional Xerox product line, great support staff, and plenty of resources to assist in selling.

Cons

Cronyism at work in the upper management, not a meritocracy at all. As a result, opportunities for career advancement are a matter of your popularity rather than based upon objective performance.

Sales compensation plan changes often and has been trending towards increasingly unattainable goals, rewards consistency and ideal scenarios but punishes inconsistency and immaturity in sales. Has the potential to pay seasoned reps who have developed territories generously and yet the company has been systematically forcing out tenured reps and replacing them with greenhorns who will receive the minimal payout for their efforts. Commercial account reps are being asked to take time away from selling into their own territories to assist the major account teams, as a result the commercial accounts teams are undervalued and underpaid.

Take care of your top sales performers and promote from within, set expectations and clearly define what success looks like for your employees, management should lead from the front rather than demand that which they do not themselves exemplify.

Quality Business Systems Response

Sep 5, 2014Marketing Manager

Unfortunately this review came at a time of great transition within the company. Since this posted, we have expanded our portfolio, moved locations, and had several shifts in our upper management ... More

A truly great experience.

Former Employee - Technology Sales Consultant  in  Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Technology Sales Consultant in Auburn, WA

I worked at Quality Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, Pay, Benefits, Management, People. A great company to work for.

Cons

You sometimes had to get creative to manage all of your future and current prospects due to the client-management tool restrictions.

You guys were great. QBSI is headed in the right direction. I am thankful to work with such a great team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you like balance in your life, keep looking

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Quality Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Carry Xerox, worldwide brand name recognition.

Cons

Company went through major paradigm shift with economic downturn and did a 180 from everything that made them successful over the previous decade. Micromanagement on a level that even Dilbert would have difficulty believing. Massive turnover, even for a copier company. Employees are treated like 2 year olds.

If you don't want to continue your downward spiral, start treating your customers and employees with respect. Taking customer service seriously again would be a good start. Supporting employees would be a good second. You can only blame sales for so long before you have to question your performance as a management team....don't you?

Quality Business Systems Response

Sep 5, 2014Marketing Manager

We are sorry that you feel this way.
    Like any company, we go through ups and downs which require shifting your focus to what works and will work down the line. We have just gone through a large
    ... More

Field Service Job

Former Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Redmond, WA

I worked at Quality Business Systems

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits, flexible hours

Cons

Poor communication between departments poor vehicle compensation plan

need to better combine efforts and work together

Worked for Quality Business Systems? Contribute to the Community!