Quality Dining

Updated Feb 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel B. Fitzpatrick

Positive experience with little to no growth

I have been working at Quality Dining

ProsFriendly family company, senior managers are very passionate about what they do

ConsNo room for growth in my position, underpaid

Fired for being the only manager that cared!

Manager (Former Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than a year

ProsThe employees that worked below me were fantastic
When they transferred me to a store 50 miles away from my home they DID give me a raise that almost covered the cost of gas (pre-tax)

ConsThe AD was completely unethical
Unfortunately they take store-level management for granted and will walk all over you

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe the company is represented better in markets outside of Michigan, I would look to Areas in the company that are failing or falling apart and put 2+2 together...

Worst experience of my 30 yr career

District Manager (Current Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Quality Dining full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLarge Franchise Operator, good concepts just poorly managed, Have the ability to do so much more for employees to gain loyalty and employees will take care of customers which make business sucessful.

ConsPoor total pay package, employees treated like objects with substandard wages below poverty level with no consistent pay increases. Management feels they can go no where else so they dont care. Greedy family run business only looking to line their pockets with profits. District managers are just super store managers, no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you decide to follow your company values, you will have a better company. Put people before profits.

Low pay, barely mediocre management

Accounting Assistant (Former Employee)
Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a job, but that's all the good I can say about it

ConsLow pay, inept management, poor tone from the top, little ethics-seem to take advantage of the restaurant workers, especially in the fast food division

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't take advice from such a lowly person as me. Ego seems to be a problem with the CEO.

Ok place for employment

Senior Restraunt Manager (Former Employee)
Portland, IN

I worked at Quality Dining

ProsQuality Dining offers some good benefits to employees, sometimes friendly atmosphere to work in. Somewhat laid back enviornment. Wonderful customers to interact with.

ConsLack of training, due to the lack of hours given by District Manager. Lack of care and respect for store level employees. Lack of importance of family time. Lack of respect given by higher management ( District Manager and above. )

Advice to Senior ManagementNone given, because they would not take this advice into consideration.

very enlightening.

Ligonier, IN

I have been working at Quality Dining

Prosthe only thing i can say is that it paid the bills while raising my children.

Conscompany is not very loyal to the people who have worked for them.

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate your long term employees more. they are the ones who helped get you where you are today.

It is good to learn lot of things of the operations in a restaurant but company ethics are just pathetic

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Quality Dining

ProsGood staff and people that you work with
For starting a career its good because you learn the operations of a restaurant

ConsHorrible Upper Management
No support to grow
Working crazy hours
No ethics

The more you do to get a raise the less likely it is to happen.

I have been working at Quality Dining

ProsIt is a job, and in this economy that means a whole lot. It is generally easy to get time off when you put in a request for it. They offer Good insurance. Through working a public position like this one and having a good attitude you receive other job offers right there at work.

ConsThis company will promote any man who has been with them for at least a year wither or not they are qualified, even if they are poor workers. This statement may not be fair to the company itself as this could be a simple decision made at the district level versus company policy.
This company also does not give raises or any other benefits to managers or crew who are willing to travel to other stores for them. They also make it difficult to attend school, the closer you get to achieving your degree. They don't have benefits for women that most other companies have such as paid maternity leave. The insurance they offer is expensive. In general they just don't seem to care about their employees. They know the economy is rough and they take advantage of it. The company does not always supply the proper supplies needed to do the jobs they want accomplished, Managers and crew have to sometimes buy their own supplies or be scolded for the job not being done right.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know that at each level of management it is easier for the people below you to say what they would or would not do, but the simple fact is they don't have the knowledge or experience to know what works. Things are more complicated when you are actually in those upper positions. However it doesn't take knowledge or experience to know that the more you make your employees feel taken care of and supported the better they take of your company...When you have employees who are willing to travel, this an expensive thing especially with Gas prices what they are, yet this is an expense solely on the people willing to travel for you, why? Most of the employees in this company are probably women yet there are no real benefits for women that let them know you at least acknowledge this. I know these kind of benefits can be expensive, however maybe they could be available to people who have been with the company for a certain period of time versus just making them available to anyone from day one.
Supplies within your stores should not be cut to save money. No one feels good when things are not being done properly.. People want to work where they can feel proud of things they are doing and what the job looks like after they are done.

Worked for Quality Dining? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quality Dining reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quality Dining CEO Daniel B. Fitzpatrick. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Quality Dining employees.