Quality Food Reviews

2.8
Joe Fey

1. QFC

I have been working at Quality Food

Pros

Other employees are extremely fun to work with. Fun if you like to cook and prepare food. Great social interaction with many different other people.

Cons

Extremely dirty and tiresome. You have to do all of the dirty work and clean everything.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep trying to keep other employees motivated.

2. A bad fit for a petite girl

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Quality Food full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are only a handful of friendly and kind employees, as the others are fake-friendly and only pretend to care. The produce clerk position allows you to stay fit. You are allowed to sample the produce that you are selling (or at least I think you are allowed to). You get to wear a uniform to work, but it's too bad you have to pay for it.

Cons

This produce position is tiring and very hard on the body. It was definitely a bad fit for a petite girl like myself. Even as I grow stronger, I can't lift the 40 pound boxes properly. Your back and wrists will hurt all the time. Additionally, you won't get enough time to recover because one rarely ever gets two days off in a row. The scheduling is crappy. You have to work 6 days a week in order to get 40 hours in. And even though the mangement sees you struggle and knows that the position is a bad fit for you, they won't help you transfer. When I was offered this produce position, I was not told that I would be breaking freight almost every day and lifting 35+ pound items constantly. Also, forget about having weekends off, the store needs their employees most on those days. If you are new, you will work the worst shifts and do the more annoying and taxing duties in the department.

Advice to Management

Managers, please don't pretend that you don't see the struggles of some employees. Please be more willing to work with them until they find a more fitting position in the store. Utilize the skills employees have to make the store flourish instead of their weaknesses because that only ruins the "friendly" environment.

3. A learning experience

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Quality Food part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good union benefits, discounts at the stores and gas, room for promotions , store hours are flexible if you are a student.

Cons

Not very good at training. They just throw you in and make you learn in the spot. Also, upper management is not very involved in individual departments.

Advice to Management

Put a little more effort into training

5. Experiance as a QFC employee

Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR

I worked at Quality Food part-time

Pros

The pay is decent, advancement opportunities, always something new to learn, good benefits

Cons

At my store managers don't always approach you in the nicest way, if you can't come in or are sick they show major disapproval, even if you're injured and your doctor says you shouldn't work. All sorts of customers come in and at times of the day are in awful moods and like to take it out on the staff and we just have to take it with a smile.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees, especially the ones who work hard and are some of your best performers, like you actually want them there and that they are appreciated.

6. Courtesy Clerk

I have been working at Quality Food

Pros

The people are great the customers and the employees.

Cons

The cleaning is the worst part.

7. Boring

I worked at Quality Food part-time

Pros

Nearby, nice environment, good employees

Cons

Boring, repetitve, cold, sometimes disgusting

Advice to Management

Install machines for bagging and maybe spice up the jobs somehow. Also pay could be better

8. bad

I worked at Quality Food full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They want lots of techs to be responsible for a multiple aspects of being a technician

Cons

They do not provide adequate support and/or training for insurance billing practices and/or changes happening in the insurance industry

Advice to Management

Please provide more support to changes happening in the insurance industry

9. a typical corporate grocery store chain

I worked at Quality Food

Pros

the city where I worked had a pretty good union benefit package. that was changing for the worse every three years, though. everything was going more and more profit/loss. great if you own stock, not so good if you just work there.

Cons

inane rules, people promoted based on nothing other than who they were sleeping with; going to more part timers just to cut costs -- so forget about having a life with your family, because it isn't going to happen when you have to work 6 part-time shifts in two stores just to get 32 hours in a week.

Advice to Management

None.

10. Kroger monster ate QFC

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Quality Food full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy hiring very easy interviews, easy advancement,

Cons

Low pay, advancement means more responsibility for small raise. Work harder, work faster, work for less!

Advice to Management

Stop putting all your money into remodeling and pay your employees a livable wage. You keep losing good employees due to low wages.

11. Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I worked at Quality Food full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The store was well kept, my coworkers were decent enough, and the customers that came through were generally pretty friendly.

Cons

Stressed management don't care about employee well being. The pay scale was terrible. The culture was interdepartmentally caustic. There was no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like pieces of equipment. We understand that you have limited resources to work with, but there comes a point where you just seem cold and indifferent. Being told the same things over and over again and selling it off as tough luck is not a good way to motivate your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed