Quality Food Reviews

2.9
Joe Fey

1. Assistant store director

I have been working at Quality Food full-time

Pros

Compensation and benefit package was good once you consider the entire contributions. 401k matching, annual bonus potential and restricted stock awards

Cons

The lack of work life balance is one of the bigger cons. The upper management of the store personnel has the least amount of flexibility when it comes to personal life.

Advice to Management

I feel that the privileges that go along with doing a great job and being promoted for the great work you have done, should add to your outside work life in some respect, not hinder and hurt your personal life.

2. Not the best place to work

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Seattle, WA

I worked at Quality Food part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and good hours for part time.

Cons

Bad work environment. Front end supervisors are rude to co-workers and even to customers.

Advice to Management

QFC is about putting customers first so live up to QFC's mission and prioritize on giving customers a good shopping expereince.

3. Good first job

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Mercer Island, WA
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Mercer Island, WA

I worked at Quality Food (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and managers and supervisors

Cons

Having to work weekends, evenings, holidays

5. QFC

Pros

Other employees are extremely fun to work with. Fun if you like to cook and prepare food. Great social interaction with many different other people.

Cons

Extremely dirty and tiresome. You have to do all of the dirty work and clean everything.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep trying to keep other employees motivated.

6. A bad fit for a petite girl

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Quality Food full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are only a handful of friendly and kind employees, as the others are fake-friendly and only pretend to care. The produce clerk position allows you to stay fit. You are allowed to sample the produce that you are selling (or at least I think you are allowed to). You get to wear a uniform to work, but it's too bad you have to pay for it.

Cons

This produce position is tiring and very hard on the body. It was definitely a bad fit for a petite girl like myself. Even as I grow stronger, I can't lift the 40 pound boxes properly. Your back and wrists will hurt all the time. Additionally, you won't get enough time to recover because one rarely ever gets two days off in a row. The scheduling is crappy. You have to work 6 days a week in order to get 40 hours in. And even though the mangement sees you struggle and knows that the position is a bad fit for you, they won't help you transfer. When I was offered this produce position, I was not told that I would be breaking freight almost every day and lifting 35+ pound items constantly. Also, forget about having weekends off, the store needs their employees most on those days. If you are new, you will work the worst shifts and do the more annoying and taxing duties in the department.

Advice to Management

Managers, please don't pretend that you don't see the struggles of some employees. Please be more willing to work with them until they find a more fitting position in the store. Utilize the skills employees have to make the store flourish instead of their weaknesses because that only ruins the "friendly" environment.

7. A learning experience

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Quality Food part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good union benefits, discounts at the stores and gas, room for promotions , store hours are flexible if you are a student.

Cons

Not very good at training. They just throw you in and make you learn in the spot. Also, upper management is not very involved in individual departments.

Advice to Management

Put a little more effort into training

Experiance as a QFC employee

Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR

I worked at Quality Food part-time

Pros

The pay is decent, advancement opportunities, always something new to learn, good benefits

Cons

At my store managers don't always approach you in the nicest way, if you can't come in or are sick they show major disapproval, even if you're injured and your doctor says you shouldn't work. All sorts of customers come in and at times of the day are in awful moods and like to take it out on the staff and we just have to take it with a smile.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees, especially the ones who work hard and are some of your best performers, like you actually want them there and that they are appreciated.

9. Courtesy Clerk

Pros

The people are great the customers and the employees.

Cons

The cleaning is the worst part.

10. Boring

I worked at Quality Food part-time

Pros

Nearby, nice environment, good employees

Cons

Boring, repetitve, cold, sometimes disgusting

Advice to Management

Install machines for bagging and maybe spice up the jobs somehow. Also pay could be better

11. bad

I worked at Quality Food full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They want lots of techs to be responsible for a multiple aspects of being a technician

Cons

They do not provide adequate support and/or training for insurance billing practices and/or changes happening in the insurance industry

Advice to Management

Please provide more support to changes happening in the insurance industry

RSS Feed </> Embed