Quality Systems Reviews

Rusty Frantz

1. Great for developers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Quality Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't beat the work/life balance! Personally it makes me 10 times more productive when a company cares about quality of life!

Cons

None that I've seen so far! HR is currently negotiating matching retirement on 401k to a higher percent, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

2. Hoped for more

Pros

I like my co-workers, but that's not really unique to QSI. They're trying to improve, which is nice.

Cons

I knew right away that it wasn't the culture I wanted. There are subtle things, but one is that they seem really behind the industry standard. Another is tgat things feel so unorganized.

Advice to Management

Find a direction and stick to it.

HR neglectful

Pros

Some of the company events are pretty fun. Annual Angels games were always something to look forward too! The Christmas party is usually fun but I think that has more to do with the fun employees rather than the event planned.

Cons

The management at Quality Systems could use some work. They are just put in to the positions without much experience and have no knowledge of how to actually manage their employees. HR is only there to protect the upper management. i went to them with a major problem with my manager and they seemed like they were on my side until I ended up in trouble. I also know this had happened to others with other managers.

Sr. SAP Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Quality Systems full-time

Pros

Great place for professionals looking to add different SAP applications under their belt.

Cons

Very weak benefits, low salary, bad management, too much politics.

Advice to Management

Recognize the fresh talent, innovators and difference makers that go above and beyond to deliver on time, acknowledge them, compensate them fairly and figure out a way to retain them along with putting competitive benefits to attract great talents.

6. Intern Experience

Pros

Great learning experience, helpful and nice people, great work life balance

Cons

None that I could see

Great company to get our foot in the door, no growth opportunity. Favoritism is at an all time high.

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Quality Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are just starting in the healthcare information system field, they will give you a chance. You are able to get your foot in the door here. Good work-life balance as long as they are staffed to meet demand, which is not usually the case. There is increased business, but they do not hire to keep up the customer service levels, leaving the employees in the trenches to bear the brunt of this burden.

Cons

No growth opportunity unless you are favored. I have worked at this company for over 4 years, received my advanced degree, received multiple comments from clients that were so happy with my work, and each year a excellent review from management but was turned down for growth within the company. If you are excel at your job, you will be stuck where you are. I have been turned down for more than one job growth opportunity. But I keep getting great reviews from clients. They have lost many talented employees over the last few years from this. The reputation is growing.

Unfortunate abuse by Management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

If you are in the circle and pride yourself on kissing up, then you should be ok.

Cons

Horrible management. Unqualified management with no leadership, people or professional skills in charge. HR is a joke, only there to get your side of story then to throw you to the wolves rather than do thier job and make positive changes.

Advice to Management

Instead of watching great qualified people leave do some renovations amongst yourselves and get qualified managers. Managers that staff can learn from not ones that take credit for work they didn't do.

The worst company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Quality Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company tried their best at doing fun things for the employees. Too bad it was just a bandaid for what's really going on

Cons

Absolutely the most incompetent management and HR Dept I have ever seen. Big time favoritism and overworking with little appreciation. Power trips are common and no real caring about the employees. CEO turns a blind eye. Huge revolving door as there are new people constantly

Advice to Management

Get some training on how to speak and treat the people that work hard! Don't take employees for granted and get off the power trips. It's going to catch up one day when no one will work for this company!!

Unbelievable lack of leadership in HR and some of the Executive Leadership.

I worked at Quality Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers and lower level management. Good people in the trenches. Would hate to lose these.

Cons

Nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism are a big problem. Hired relatives and friends who were not competent for the roles because they were related especially in HR and for the executive team.

Advice to Management

Too many political problems, and some in leadership just don't seem to care about what the employees are going through. No room to advance. You might consider actually listening to people who actually do know what's happening.

Incompetent HR and Payroll Department

Former Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I worked at Quality Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice gifts especially during holidays.

Cons

Everything else! Poor management! It seems that the more incompetent you are, the more you get paid. The HR and Payroll Department are the most pathetic excuses for professionalism I've ever seen in my life!

Advice to Management

Please hire some outside consultants to analyze your HR and Payroll Department and make major changes before your company gets outrageous fines and penalties for non-compliance!

RSS Feed </> Embed