Quality Vision International

www.qvii.com

Quality Vision International Reviews

1.5

Tarry Polidor

- Stuck in the dark ages.

I have been working at Quality Vision International

Pros

- I used to enjoy working here. However, after 10 years of being here, I can't think of a single reason to work here aside from a desperate need for a paycheck.

Cons

Management has no idea about current technologies or methodologies. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Constantly in "panic mode". Employee morale at an all time historic low for company according to older employees. Used to be an amazing and invigorating place to work. Those days are over.

Either start listening to your employees and implementing their suggestions, or close your doors and go home. You can't stay competitive they way you're run.

A Disappointment

Former Employee - Web Developer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Quality Vision International as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Well-humored coworkers. That's literally it.

Cons

Dangerous neighborhood, drafty building, chemical smells in different areas, oblivious management, my boss offered no direction or encouragement (he simply handed me the big picture and told me to "go"), hot water does not run to top floor, sausagefest.

Your employees are more valuable than your profits. If you continue to think otherwise, you'll eventually have neither.

QVI Rochester management is out of touch!

I have been working at Quality Vision International full-time

Pros

Can't think of too many.

Cons

Low Morale.
    Management only cares about figuring out how to buy cheap China parts to maximize profit.
    Management is clueless to the voice of the people.
    Email is the main form of communication at QVI.
    No planned breaks forcing employees to find other ways to take a break.
    As far as I know employees are entitled to one 12 minute break before lunch and one 12 minute break before the shift ends.

Listen to the people!!!!

Thanks to stifling, restrictive management my career is dead thanks to this company.

Current Employee - Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Quality Vision International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job that will give you a paycheck and benefits. That's as good as it gets.

Cons

Working here. Management doesn't care about their employees. They care about you doing what you're told, even if that means doing something incorrectly. Employee reviews are never on time. Suggestions are perpetually ignored. Determined to stay in the past in terms of both management and infrastructure

There is none. They don't listen. You could present them with pages upon pages of evidence backing you up and they won't listen.

Best advice? Work somewhere else, or work here long enough to get a better job. NOT a place for a long term fulfilling career.

I want to work more for less & get the hell out of here

I have been working at Quality Vision International full-time

Pros

You'll have fun if you enjoy watching people being miserable. You will also learn a lot about what not to do in any other job.

Cons

I'm getting dumber by coming in each day. Read the other reviews - not much more to add.

What management? There is none. The ones who can manage are not allowed to by the C-level managers.

It really is as bad as all the other reviewers have stated; a true place to stay away from, if you value integrity.

Current Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Quality Vision International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many have complained about low salaries, but I always was satisfied financially with mine. The market position of the company is still somewhat strong, but growing more fragile. The CEO/owner is highly skilled in regards to product knowledge. Super smart guy, just poor business skills and people sense. Some of the senior staff are really nice and have tried to do the right things, they just keep getting shot down and thus are demoralized. Many will try to work with you, as long as they can stay out of the crosshairs of c-level management.

Cons

Definitely still run like the 1950's. I thought all the other reviewers were whining and complaining, but it even has proved to be worse than they described. Sometimes you do need to believe what you read. Be careful, they've picked up a few buzzwords and can play lip service to "trendy" terms like "lean manufacturing", but they will not accept change and new ideas readily. No trust of anyone and a very bad attitude by most employees. Draconian rules. If I only had a penny for each time someone told me "...Welcome to QVI..." when presented with a non-sequitor operating rule or procedure.... It is hard to fathom that they were granted ISO certification. All you have to do is scratch below the surface to find there is no followed product release procedure. Most work instructions are not followed. Followup and corrective action on metrics is sporadic. Over-emphasis on buying the cheapest junk parts from China without qualified supplier investigations have weakened the product's quality and reliability. Over time, repeat customers have started to notice this, and this is a very negative trend. The wonderful employee picnic specifically requested the exclusion of some top c-level executive management. That alone states a lot about the working relationships.

Figure out a succession plan soon, and get it working. Senior people are leaving like it is a revolving door; you already know directly why from talking to some of them. Ask for exit interviews.

Demoralizing, Out of Date, Wierd.

I have been working at Quality Vision International

Pros

Great employees, good enough benefits, normal hours, quality incentive program in 2011.

Cons

Awful location, low employee morale and management doesn't care. Few opportunities for advancement, low average wages, low increases. Being friends with management gets you the better jobs. All board members are white males. So are the majority of the employees.

Sr. Management does not invest in the employees and there is very little loyalty and job commitment left among the employee base. This once great family company is a hollow shell of what it used to be, due to the actions of a few key Sr. leaders. It's truly sad.

Out with Family Values, in with the age of Greed and Dictatorship.

Give back to the employees, loosen the dictatorial hold you have on lower level managers and see how the company could flourish! Instead of going into lockdown on rules and regulations, try trusting people to do the right thing. Have a little flexibility, offer some understanding and caring, offer better wages and maybe even some perks, and in return you will get loyalty, lower absenteesism, and a return of the life long employee.

On it's way to a watery grave

I have been working at Quality Vision International

Pros

You have to really mess up to get fired.
    Cutting edge technology.

Cons

Top management stuck in the 50s.
    Cutting edge technology will disappear when the current CEO retires.
    Employees are treated like slaves one day & the next day the management is kissing their feet asking them to stay.
    Crony politics rule.

None to the top management.
    To the CEO - sell. You have no other choice since your choice if lieutenants suck.

Only great if you have worked here for 20 years...

Former Employee - Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Quality Vision International

Pros

Can easily take vacation time without management complaining. Good work life balance.

Cons

Middle management is horrible, lacks talent and has no clue what is going on. Micromanagement to the extreme. This is not a place for young talented people.

Promote people who are high performers, not the ones who I have sat there the longest. Find talented middle management to retain young talent and prevent brain drain.

This company needs to train it's staff for the future or it will not make it.

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Quality Vision International

Pros

It's a interesting job. Wish I could learn more.

Cons

No feedback and lack of communication. No training. A lot of people will be retiring within 5 years and nothing is being done to train newer people. Lack of compensation increases.

Your management group does not communicate with you workers. Get with the times and move into the future.