Qualstar Credit Union

Love my job

Current Employee - Member Relationship Representative  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Member Relationship Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Qualstar Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great hours. Great benefits.

Cons

Possible Saturday shifts. Small increases in pay.

A Joke of a Financial Institution

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Qualstar Credit Union

Pros

The only thing positive was my branch team--and I was lucky to have these good coworkers who were the best and friendliest of all the other branches.

Cons

Oh so many! First of all, this company lacks professional relationships and there is so much gossip and drama among employees and upper management. The company is so tiny that everyone is in your business--if you don't make your goals, the whole company knows. Every employee knows how much you made in incentives. You can't even communicate via email without someone CC-ing your conversation to upper management. keep in mind, upper management no matter way branch, you will always be watched and asked about everything you do. Incentive payouts are always challenged over a word you used to describe how you got it. There is a double standard on rules and policies depending on if you're an ol'timer and popular among upper management. And it's challenging because the majority of the members have below 600 credit and difficult to qualify for loans. Yet you still have unreasonable goals.

Proceedures and policy regarding customers is extremely lax and bendable, then will come back and bite you. If I were a member I would be very concerned about how my transactions are carried out and how funds are held and made available. Anyone can call in with your birthday and SSN and get your acct nformation.The company has made up it's own rules contrary to standard CC Regulations and confuses customers.

As far as resources and technology go, be prepared to operate in the 90's. There are constant glitches that have members coming in upset that mistakes were made or automatic payments were not made. Online resources such as hone banking is always down. If you're on the teller line, the actions are alphabet codes instead of simple buttons.

As I said, this company is a joke for a financial Institution. Coworkers may be nice, but I honestly feel like this company will go down the drain or bought out within the next 5-10 years. The revenue it makes gives it back to the customers instead of improving it's resources which would serve the company and members better.

Refer to the cons I have listed. Motivation is lacking and turnover is high, talk is prevalent. Double standards, unprofessionalism and "mommying" your employees will not get the company far. Treat those who are the ones building up the pathetic company with respect like they are adults.

Qualstar Credit Union Response

May 13, 2014VP, Member Relations

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not positive. We have always been committed to providing employees with various methods for bringing concerns to management, so I am sorry to hear that you ... More

It's what it is. Good job but not a career.

Current Employee - Branch Service Representative  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Branch Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualstar Credit Union

Pros

The health, dental and 401k are amazing. The members are for the most part good people the work keeps you busy but never in a hurry. The pay is competitive compared with retail and if done right this can be a place where you can work for a lot of years. It's a woman and gay friendly environment where competition is not the most important thing. Your breaks will be respected and lunch is provided often. Most employees are really friendly.

Cons

The nepotism is rampant in this company. Many of the managers are friends of higher ups and thats how they got their jobs. Advancement in this company has nothing to do with how well you work or how many sales you make it has to do with how much you are like by middle & upper management. The goals and rules of the company are not clear and rules are bend all the time. There is an open door policy but it's use mostly to incriminate employees and to protect the management. Management acts very defensive about criticism and new ideas will not be heard unless they come from a select group of middle management.

Work with all your employees and not only with the ones you would like to be friends with. The potential that I saw walk out the door was amazing but management never stops to think about the employees way of working. Get a single phrase that employees can be directed by and make it clear to all employees whats really expect it from them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Look no further! Qualstar is where it's at.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Qualstar Credit Union

Pros

Fantastic Benefits including Employee Pension Plan. Great opportunities for advancement. Fun place to work. Excellent training programs and tons of support from management. Upper management is always open to feedback from and they really listen to it and emplement many of the ideas they receive from staff. Fantastic employee recognition programs, Quarterly bonuses! We improve peoples financial lives and that just feels good.

Cons

Downsides? What downsides? We were voted best small company on the Eastside by NW Jobs. If I had to pick something it would be sometimes it can be a little difficult getting time off approved during peak vacation times. This has never been a problem for me as I am pretty flexible and more than willing to plan my vacations when it's convenient for the company. This is the service industry so these kinds of things should be expected with a job like this.

Keep on doing what your doing. It's working!

Great company to work for, good hours and no working weekends

I worked at Qualstar Credit Union

Pros

Friendly Staff, Great benefits, No working weekends

Cons

Hard to advance within company

friendly work environment

I worked at Qualstar Credit Union

Pros

friendly work environment, normal hours

Cons

small company so little opportunity for advancement

better communication

Worked for Qualstar Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!