Qualtrics

Updated February 28, 2015
4.2

Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

Pros
  • Free food and clothes throughout the year was a plus (in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is very nice (free gym, food, lunch on Tuesday, Friday breakfast) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • For sales you have a low starting salary (in 4 reviews)

• Occasional growing pains of a billion dollar start up (good problems to have) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Qualtrics has an energetic atmosphere which draws not only customers to also employees.

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They treat employees very well, and they make the atmosphere very lively and fun. From free food to swag, to out-of-this-world parties. Anyone would want to work at Qualtrics because of its transparent and hip culture.

Cons

Just like any software company, engineering is crucial. I work for support and so often times I feel like I am on the tail end of endless system issues. Qualtrics is growing extremely fast and doing very well, but it seriously needs to do something to keep the product on edge and free from serious issues.

The weekly meetings with our CEO are fantastic. Keep those up. One-on-one meetings are key to keeping employees engaged. So far, I've had no issues with management.

Truly a fantastic place to work--I wouldn't pass this opportunity up!

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Everyone is friendly here. It's very flat....you don't get the sense that there are lots of politics and hierarchy; instead, it's all about what you get done. The company is growing incredibly fast, so you get the chance to grow with it and move up as far as you want to go. Lots of free food, free perks, great benefits, etc. The HSA/FSA plan is awesome. Great comp vs. the cost of living in Utah. Extremely transparent.

I've worked at several companies, big and small, in and out of Utah. Qualtrics is hands down the best I've been at. I plan on being here a very long time.

Cons

No offices--everyone is just out in the open in rows of desks (even the CEO), which is good and bad. They go through growing pains from time to time as the headcount explodes. You may feel lost in the shuffle during the recruiting process--don't take it personally, they recruiting team is just trying to stay afloat.

Keep it up!

An awesome place to work

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Meritocracy
    - Great Culture
    - Great People
    - Dogs Welcome
    - Hyper growth
    - Opportunities to develop career

Cons

- People can be passive aggressive

Provide/reimburse educational opportunities for employees. Invest in them in other ways rather than investing to keep them there. It'll help make the employees better.

Been at Qualtrics more than 3 years.

I have been working at Qualtrics

Pros

You won't find a higher paying job in the valley if you perform. There is no cap to salary.

Cons

You will work your tail off.... (is that bad?)

Run from this company as fast as you can!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free food and drinks. All the cereal you can eat.

Cons

Not the right place for large company people that have that in their background. If you are under the age of 25...stay. If you like to be micro managed....stay. If you want to be treated as a child...stay. If none of these apply...run as fast you can away from this company.

Get with the program and stop treating people like they are in kindergarten.

No place for women

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great product
    Talented team
    Typical tech office perks

Cons

Zero women in leadership positions. Not one on the board. Not one in the C suite. Not even one in mid-level management. Unfortunately, many women have tried to step up and assume leadership roles only to be subtly undermined and disparaged until they quit. And in all cases replaced by men favored by the executive team. Opportunistic men are not only allowed to steamroll women and take credit for their ideas and hard work, they are rewarded and promoted for it. Not one woman has a place at the table where the big decisions and promotions are made. There is real conscious and subconscious bias that has led to the exclusion and alienation of women and reflects an inability of Qualtrics' leadership to work with and communicate with talented and capable women.

First step is admitting there is a problem.

Great exciting company with lots of potential

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. The other engineers are great to work with. The pay is better than any other offer in Utah county. They are a fast growing company with still TONS of potential to continue to grow. They are very transparent in almost everything they do. They have great perks - free food/soda, Sundance corporate passes, company parties every couple months, swag gifts. At the same time, it's not a walk in the park - they expect a lot from you.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything.

Astounding Company

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great CEO, great coworkers, and a great atmosphere. I haven't been with the company long but it has been absolutely amazing so far. Everyone is laid back, and while you are still expected to perform, they don't over manage you at all. So glad I took this job.

Cons

Glassdoors requires five words for cons.

Too much hype

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    nice office
    Awesome Christmas party
    As a company Qualtrics is relatively metrics driven
    Lots of free food.

Cons

I personally heard one of higher ups boasting to a friend about how little they paid us while walking past my cubical. I realize all companies want to pay people less, but that is a very disheartening thing to hear from your employer.

Don't be sucked it by all the glitz and shiny toys. Sure it sounds like a lot of fun to have a massage chairs, pool table, a gym, etc. at work. but if you are seen using any of these things during business hours (7:00am to 6:00pm) you will never get a promotion and if you are not hitting your quota you may get fired.

While personally I thin some one playing pool during lunch who has not met their quota yet is sort of asking for it, I also think it is dishonest for a company to give you these nice things at work and then get mad when you use them.

When interviewing they will tell you that you will make it big at Qualtrics, But the truth is the pay is crappy for every one who is not an engineer and they expect you to put in long hours.

You will need to work 60+ hours a week if you ever want a promotion. Even if it only take you 40 to hit your quota.

Don't show off or boast about your wealth.

Work life balance is more important for the health of your employees than having a "fun" office.

Qualtrics Response

Jan 7, 2015Special Ops

Thank you for the thoughtful and meaningful comments you've shared. I'm very sorry to hear that someone at our company made an inappropriate comment about compensation. Regardless of the context ... More

Challenging growth environment

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Qualtrics is growing rapidly. This creates great and challenging opportunities. That's not for everyone, but if you want to grow your career fast this is a great place. The team is a great mixture of talented new graduates and more experienced engineers. Personally, I had doubts about working in Utah Valley due to Mormon/LDS fears. However, in reality this is a great work-environment, and the focus is on Qualtrics, not peoples' religious or other affiliations. As a team every one is happy participate in Engineering ski and mountain biking days, and grab a beer (or root beer for some) afterwards.

Cons

If you behave like a prima-ballerina, you won't fit in. There is a strong sense of team work and collaboration.

Keep increasing diversity of hiring. We want the best engineers.