Qualtrics Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
Updated September 27, 2014
3.9

Ryan Smith

Pros
  • Free food and clothes throughout the year was a plus (in 12 reviews)

• Work environment is very nice (free gym, food, lunch on Tuesday, Friday breakfast) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Occasional growing pains of a billion dollar start up (good problems to have) (in 5 reviews)

• Have a hard time keeping employees for more than a year or two because of pay and job skills (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great environment, competitive pay.

Current Employee - Web Developer/Designer  in  Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Web Developer/Designer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics part-time for less than a year

Pros

Qualtrics is a rapidly expanding company full of great leaders and a sweet work environment. They really want to keep you around. You are rewarded for hard work and encouraged to do better by your leaders and peers.

Cons

I think the only con is that it is in Orem, UT, where the only thing really going for the area is the outdoor experience (and believe me, it's an awesome experience, but that's it).

Chaotic Good

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Qualtrics has a great product, and I like the culture. The company is growing quickly and there's some great opportunity for advancement. I have a lot of respect for the founders and the CEO--I feel that they genuinely care about their employees and their customers. They go to great lengths to be transparent and self-critical.

Cons

It can be pretty chaotic because of the hyper growth. Middle management is not great. There's also a real lack of mentorship.

Don't get so caught up in growth that you neglect the people, products and systems that are already there.

Great entry level job

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, lots of great people, merit based rewards, good training. Excellent business strategy and lots of exposure in the market with a superior product.

Cons

Because everything is metric/merit based, you are entirely responsible for yourself. Also, the company is based in Provo, Ut - and subsequently is predominately LDS.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love my job

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Qualtrics is a mentoring and collaborative atmosphere. Truly a team effort. The "extras" that Qualtrics provides the employees are above and beyond: catered meals, free healthcare, the coolest swag....the list goes on and on. It's exciting to be a part of one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world and the leader in this space.

Cons

We are hiring so fast it is hard to know everyone. Not really a con.

Keep listening and communicating to the employees. They do a great job already and having transparency is key when we want to grow and move in the right direction.

I can't imagine I'll have a worse experience during my professional career.

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I grew close to my colleagues as both all of us were getting screwed, this made us closer.

Cons

Working at Qualtrics was the worst year of my life. First, in the interview I was told to not worry about the very low salary because I would be making more than triple that in bonuses if I performed. I performed over and over and no such bonus came. Management will lie to you, and this wasn't the only time it occurred. I was told "Qualtrics is like Google in the 90's", and what's crazy is this is there sales pitch to get employees to continue to work near minimum wage jobs. I was constantly harassed by my manager to the point where I almost took action. Whatever you do, avoid this place at all costs. The sole purpose of the cool building and free food is to disguise you from what's really going on, which is practically indentured servitude. Ask they what their turnover is and this company will speak for itself.

Do the exact opposite of what you're currently doing. Literally.

Hook you in with flashy things but then treat and pay you crap

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will have job security knowing that the company isn't going anywhere which can be nice. It's a young fun atmosphere. There coverage and health benefits are amazing and they have good fringe benefits. Free food and clothes throughout the year was a plus.

Cons

You will be under a microscope daily no matter how well you perform. POLITICS POLITICS and more POLITICS is the only way you will move up in this company. There expectations for quota, daily metrics and such are not matched by their pay. The sales cycle for the product is 3 months minimum so you better have some money put away to live.

Care more about the well being of your employees rather than how cool your company looks in Facebook and other social media outlets. Pay your employees and treat them well enough so when other offers come along you don't keep losing 10 employees per month. Don't put or keep someone in management cause they are your friend or are good at sales. Many good salespeople make terrible managers.

Great product,

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Qualtrics has a great product, good food and they offer good employee perks like pool tables, ping pong, etc. They have grown their business on cheap labor which is one of the key reasons they are financially sound. Leadership is OK. Could be better. The employees and your peers at Qualtrics are awesome. That was my favorite part of working at Qualtrics where the people I was able to work with.

Cons

If you weren't in early on, there is a great chance you wouldn't be going up the chain very fast and won't make very much money unless one of the owners has some interest in you. Be prepared to drink the kool-aid from management that everyone will make a lot of money, that you can't be successful unless you are Qualtrics, everyone will be millionaires, etc. If you get on the core leaderships side and they like you, you will get lots of perks.

Compensation needs to be better...Don't favor just the people you like. People watch you and see you in the public (management takes their favorites to basketball games, out to eat, etc.)

Incredible place to have a real career. That is rare in today's market.

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

- Management/founding team cares about making something that lasts
    - True meritocracy; If you work hard and make a real impact, you'll be rewarded very well.
    - Product and market strategy is well-developed. People know what they need to do to "win" in the market
    - Incredible benefits options.
    - Culture allows for taking a risk. Newest employees can try different ways of doing things without getting "squashed"
    - Transparency from management team. Weekly and quarterly meetings are great for showing where the company is going.

Cons

- Too much food! ;)
    - As with any growing company, some functions in the company become understaffed relative to the company as a whole. This can put heavy pressure on the individuals in the group to perform more than their share for a time. This issue has improved dramatically as the leadership team has evolved over the last year.

We've got a great thing rolling here. Let's keep it up!

Awesome

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

True meritocracy. Easy to get promotions if you do your job and do it well

Cons

Some departments understaffed, some departments growing so fast they don't know what to do with the new hires

Amazing Growth

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is great, they give you a lot of food, great people with exception of some senior leadership. Free company breakfasts on thursday. They pay the benefits for all employees. Fun environment.

Cons

The work/life balance can be really hard on sales. As with any tec sales job, it is all about the numbers. Micromanagement has been hard to deal with. I do better when I know what I have to do and do it and not be dragged into the glass to see what I have been missing.

Enough with the micromanagement. You may want to consider upping the salary of your sales individuals to compete witht he market.

Qualtrics Photos

Open environment
office
Plenty of snacks available

+ Add Photo

Worked for Qualtrics? Contribute to the Community!