Qualtrics

Updated November 16, 2014
4.1

Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

Pros
  • Free food and clothes throughout the year was a plus (in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is very nice (free gym, food, lunch on Tuesday, Friday breakfast) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • For sales you have a low starting salary (in 4 reviews)

• Occasional growing pains of a billion dollar start up (good problems to have) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hyper-growth company with a good culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture. Very fast paced. Lots of driven and motivated young professionals. Most of the leadership team has come from companies who experienced hyper-growth (amazon, google, ptc). Great office with walking treadmill workstations, kitchens with free food on every floor, in house gym, dog friendly, AMAZING views of the mountains and close to outdoor activities. Really interesting and challenging projects and problems to solve. Great benefits - medical premiums are fully covered, stock options, and regular bonus'. Utah is gorgeous (I relocated here for Qualtrics). Not being Mormon I had some worries moving to Utah given the stereotypes but I have had no issues. Nobody has tried to convert me, I don't have six wives, and Utah has some of the best breweries.

Cons

No 401(k) match. Hiring so many new people its sometimes tough to know who you need to go to - so everybody goes to the dept head and bogs up their calendar. Location can be a detractor for top/experienced level talent so most hires are right out of college creating a gap between entry and execs.

Find a way to create a middle management layer while still staying relatively flat. Execs tend to have too much on their plate and spend too much time in the weeds.

Great Company

Current Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Start Up Company.- a lot of opportunities everything is new and possible. Hard workers only. If your are not looking for a challenge please don't apply.

Cons

Start Up Company.- you have to do differents rolls. Everything is changing and adjusting. There is no written rules. You ask for cons? Well I have none.

Keep the good work and the open mind!

(SALES) Most challenging experience to date - but most rewarding

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Great products to sell/support
    2) Awesome internal trainings to continue to improve individually
    3) Automatic promotions based on hitting identified goals (management is looking for internal leaders because the rate of growth is fast)

Cons

1) Sales expects a lot right out of the gates - nothing is handed to you and management wants you to prove yourself
    2) You need to learn a lot fast (if you're uncomfortable with that - might not be the place for you)

As the company grows, continue to make sure you understand how everyone feels about their job. Doing so will allow a higher percentage of employees to catch the vision quicker.

Great product, great people, great job

Former Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company culture at Qualtrics is sublime, the founders really try to make sure that employees will fit within the culture. The free insurance, free food, free perks and amazing people really help this company stand out. Oh and the product is amazing too

Cons

There are some office politics, however, I think if you work hard it'll get noticed and you'll end up in the right place

Keep hiring the best, make sure that the culture doesn't change too much as the company gets larger.

Qualtrics Response

Oct 20, 2014Head of Sales Recruiting and Sales Growth

We really appreciate the feedback and will keep moving in the right direction.

If you are good, you will love this company

Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For those that excel, you can earn promotions every 6 months. The leadership team deeply cares and works hard to help you earn your next promotion. The people you are surrounded by will be top notch. It is rare to look to your left or to your right and not be impressed. The compensation is incredible because there are comp plans from 50k a year to over 300k a year all based on your promotions and performance. It is all up to you and no amount of politics will hold you back.

Cons

If you are looking for a job to just coast in, stay far away from this company as everyone is going a million miles an hour looking to make the news not just share the news.

The best place to solidify your career

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Qualtrics is the best place to learn and build a solid professional background. Qualtrics is not an easy ride, so if you are looking for a place to sit back and relax, then go work at a calling center. You wear many hats at the company, so your learning potential is huge. As an account exec. you can work really close with product development, marketing, relationship management, etc. So can definitely build a solid background in the tech. industry. The company believes in you. They invest so much in our professional development with 3rd party consultants. I like that Qualtrics is a rare startup in the valley. A place where you can become a founder, not just an employee.

Cons

Like any other young startup, we have our challenges. As a sales person you start at a low starting salary, and it takes a few months to get you ramped up. The company knows this, and has developed a new hire bonus program to reward hard work. Also, the benefits are sweet!

Keep up the good work!

Great environment, competitive pay.

Current Employee - Web Developer/Designer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Web Developer/Designer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Qualtrics is a rapidly expanding company full of great leaders and a sweet work environment. They really want to keep you around. You are rewarded for hard work and encouraged to do better by your leaders and peers.

Cons

I think the only con is that it is in Orem, UT, where the only thing really going for the area is the outdoor experience (and believe me, it's an awesome experience, but that's it).

I love my job

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Qualtrics is a mentoring and collaborative atmosphere. Truly a team effort. The "extras" that Qualtrics provides the employees are above and beyond: catered meals, free healthcare, the coolest swag....the list goes on and on. It's exciting to be a part of one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world and the leader in this space.

Cons

We are hiring so fast it is hard to know everyone. Not really a con.

Keep listening and communicating to the employees. They do a great job already and having transparency is key when we want to grow and move in the right direction.

Great for Some

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good starter job as a student or fresh out of school

Cons

Qualtrics is a rocket ship. There are unfortunately only a few at the company on board.

Gimmicks like free soda can't make up for low pay and menial responsibilities.

Let someone else run it. You tried and failed.

I can't imagine I'll have a worse experience during my professional career.

Former Employee - Engineer in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I grew close to my colleagues as both all of us were getting screwed, this made us closer.

Cons

Working at Qualtrics was the worst year of my life. First, in the interview I was told to not worry about the very low salary because I would be making more than triple that in bonuses if I performed. I performed over and over and no such bonus came. Management will lie to you, and this wasn't the only time it occurred. I was told "Qualtrics is like Google in the 90's", and what's crazy is this is there sales pitch to get employees to continue to work near minimum wage jobs. I was constantly harassed by my manager to the point where I almost took action. Whatever you do, avoid this place at all costs. The sole purpose of the cool building and free food is to disguise you from what's really going on, which is practically indentured servitude. Ask they what their turnover is and this company will speak for itself.

Do the exact opposite of what you're currently doing. Literally.