QualxServ

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brendan P. Keegan

It's ok

Field Technician (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at QualxServ part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe good thing is that you can work on your own time schedule. They have a 401K but no health benefits for part timers.

ConsThe pay sucks! There is no room for advancement. Sometimes the call volume is low so you don't get any work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay.

Unfair Everyday Practices

QSP (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at QualxServ part-time for more than 10 years

ProsSet own schedule, more work gets you more pay.

ConsToo much micro-management. Customer reviews go against you even though you had nothing to do with a poor review. Expect your piece rate to decline over time not increase. Company is always changing and downsizing. The call center gets involved in your call management load to the point that it creates problems. They do not follow their own policy, maybe because a new hire does not know better. You are always put in a no win situation. You should have a thick skin to do this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees, stop micromanaging them, especially if they have worked there for years.

Slave for the company

Field Technician (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

I worked at QualxServ as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule. Lots of time off. If that's what you like.

ConsUse your own car, not paid mileage. No support from supervisors. Low pay. Unstable amount of work. No communication between employees or between employees and supervisors. No one wants your opinion. Unpaid conference calls on your own phone weekly. Must use your own data plan and cell phone for company business. And the list goes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the management. Hire new. Let the employees know about each other so they can work together. Pay for all the time worked. Offer insurance. Pay mileage and provide cell phones.

Not great but not too bad till the 10th manager...

Field Technician (Former Employee)
Jackson, MS

I worked at QualxServ part-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy work, easy schedule, no real problems with the work.

ConsThe internal policies always pushing for the perfect rating from customers, never got a raise as was discussed during orientation, instead after two years had a reduction in pay. Volume of work is inconsistant and really depends on how well your current manager likes you. I used to be able to see entire call volume until I called it to their attention that my "area" was being worked by other techs, when they asked how I knew that I told them because we arrive at the same location and I can see all the call volume. The next day that view was removed and call volume fell off drastically. Heard comments about the CEO doesnt care if techs quit they will just find another 10...

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to retain your managers, monitor call volume to prevent managers from giving calls to who they want. This is the real problem with your organization there is really no management.

Decent company to work for

Field Service Tech (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at QualxServ

Prosself directed, decent benefits, challenging work

ConsHome office is not local

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more forthcoming with recognition of performance

Ok Job

Field Service Technician (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at QualxServ

ProsGood place to work, unfortunatly no benifits unless you are full time. Once your working there for a while there is opportunity to make decent money. Work is a little sparratiac.

ConsNo Benefits.
Work hours vary a lot

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer your longtime employees chances for advancement within the company. Or at least allow full time opportunities after the employee has been there for a while

Not the company to work for if financial gain is your goal.

Repair Tech (Former Employee)

I worked at QualxServ

ProsYou basically make your own schedule. But, you need to factor in travel time to customer locations which changes daily...in both distance and location.

ConsPoor mileage reimbursement, no raises, no performance reviews, no management feedback on jobs well done (or anything else), call dispatching inconsistencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop hiring part time, unprofessional, unqualified technicians. Your company doesn't run well because you save insurance/benefit money w/part timers! They don't care about your company or the impression given to your customers. Wake up!

A pretty decent part time job in comparison to similar positions.

Hardware Technician (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at QualxServ

ProsCompared to similar jobs from other companies nobody can touch this place for compensation. Per job compensation is very fair. My lead was a good person. Management will back you if customers complain but make sure you cover your backside all of the time. Organization is a mandatory skill for this job. It is a great job that pays well for part time.

ConsMileage compensation could be a lot higher. This is not a job for those who want it to build into something long term. Work is sporadic, some weeks you'll work 25 to 30 jobs and some weeks will have nothing. Pay is per job, currently at $38 and then the going rate for mileage. The only problem with mileage is that they only start reimbursment after the first 30 miles to each job. You an easily do 115 miles a day with 5 or 6 jobs, so doing the math with gas currently at $2.35gal it adds up quickly. If you can get one zip code you know well it makes life easier. If your jobs are spread all over town life will suck especially during bad weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a higher mileage reimbursement. Since the tech has to pick up the parts it would be helpful if parts were shipped directly to the tech or location nearest the tech. It is ridiculous for a tech to have to drive across town because the DHL facility was closer to the client. The client doesn't pick up the part. A little common sense would be in order here.

Better Off at McDonalds

I have been working at QualxServ as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsNo real management standing over your shoulder. Use this job to gain access to potential new jobs openings with the companies you are contracted to.

ConsDon't expect much pay for the work you put in.....keep an eye out for a new job with one of the business you go out to on a daily basis!

overhead kills your profit

WW Field Engineer I (Current Employee)

I have been working at QualxServ

ProsNo office to report to. You set your own hours, sort of. Can be done while in school or with side business.

ConsYou travel around so much that gas, food, full coverage insurance will eat into whatever money you make. The volatility of call volume can take you from thirty calls a week to ten a week (@ $31.50 per). Be prepared to be measured as a technician on your tech skills, your soft skills (interacting with customers) and your ass kissing skills with the direct supervisor which in turn affects call volume. Promotions? HA!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the micro management. Fix the chasm between unseen techs out on the field and yourselves in Tewksbury, MA.

Worked for QualxServ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QualxServ reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for QualxServ CEO Brendan P. Keegan. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by QualxServ employees.