Quantcast

Quantcast Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Quantcast CEO & Co-Founder Konrad Feldman

Konrad Feldman

Pros:
  • "The best part has been meeting such interesting people at lunch and dinner"
    in 6 reviews
  • "If you are in one of the engineering teams you'll be working with really smart people"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company growing fast, many tenured employees leaving once they're fully vested"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Long hours, if you're in Engineering or IT"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Culture

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

ProsQuantcast is comprised of great people and great culture. Lots of off sites and company events. Lots of opportunity to explore side projects.

ConsSalary (for my position at least) could have been better, and raises were less than satisfactory. Catered food could have been better

A great place to build a career

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people are sharp and focused on getting things done well. Advertising technology is great field to work in. It's evolving fast and provides a river of fresh and interesting problems to solve, both technical and otherwise. You can be part of the reinvention of a $500B industry. Quantcast is small enough yet important enough that what you do really matters.

ConsExpect to pull your weight. The team works hard, supports each other, and gets a lot done. You can succeed through inspiration, perspiration or a mix of the two, but if you're used to a relaxed pace of meetings-about-meetings, it may not be right for you.

Great product, but if you're not on the engineering team, you get no love

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than 3 years

Proslots of smart, engaged co-workers
lots of perks: free lunch and dinner, good snacks, happy hours, team outings
great location near W hotel downtown
impressive technology and infrastructure

Consheavy bias towards engineering, with little to no resources for operations and client facing roles
lots of egos on the executive team with decisions being made in a vacuum
they do the difficult things well, and the easy things badly
not as cutting edge as they think

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because an engineer didn't build it doesn't mean it's worthless
Start paying attention to the people actually doing the work instead of the ones talking about the work

Exciting, challenging and rewarding experience at a progressive technology company.

I have been working at Quantcast

ProsSmart people, great technology, advancing advertising.

ConsGreat company, no complaints here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore resources are needed to grow the infrastructure.

Fast Paced, incredibly informative, great training

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

ProsOverall company culture is outstanding.

ConsSales department treated poorly and regarded as second class citizens in an engineering company. Salary is far below industry standards in digital media. High turnover - cannot maintain successful senior reps.

Account Executive role review

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

ProsI have worked at Quantcast for over a year now, and am extremely pleased with my experience here. On the sales team, we are led by managers who have a wealth of knowledge in the industry and are very supportive of personsal growth and development. We also have three full time trainers that lead weekly sessions on sales tactics. Beyond impressive management and growth, the people are Quantcast are one of the best assets. For a sales team, it is not a cut-throat environment. You are motivated by the people around you, who are smart and hard working, to do your best.

ConsThere is definitely a "ramp up" period for this role. I came in with no sales or industry background, and it took a good 3-6 months to get a grasp on the sales cycle (it is long and heavy on education) and to start exceeding quota. Once you understand the process however, you come to enjoy the educational and relationship building piece that goes with such a young, fast-paced growing and changing industry. The ramp up period forced me to develop sales skills that will be transferrable to whatever career I end up in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent around promotional and pay raise opportunities.

Amazing product, very smart and focused team, incredible organization

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for less than a year

ProsCertainly the smartest people I have ever worked with. This is a company focused on growing, disrupting, and changing the digital ad landscape. Incredibly fun culture with the right amount of work/life balance.

ConsFast pace, figure it out as we grow technology start up. Things are changing, evolving, growing developing and will continue to do so for the quite some time. If that is exciting, and you work well with moving targets and and evolving workforce and infrastructure then you will thrive. If change is scary, or you need a manual for everything you do this will not be a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look forward, hire great people and stay committed to the model.

Fast-growing and exciting place to work

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for less than a year

ProsDynamic company in a dynamic industry
Hires the best of the best: bright and friendly coworkers
Industry-leading technology

ConsNot a small company anymore, but not yet a large company, it is to be seen how we will handle this delicate transition

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros- Everyday free lunch + dinner; sometimes free breakfast (at least 1 time per week?); friday 4pm happy hour; free beverage, fruit, snacks ...
- No politics, as far as I know
- Challenging work
- Friendly and smart coworkers
- Very good work-life balance; you can come in any time you want
- Transparent information between management and employees
- Very unique web audience measurement, which defines great potential of the company's future

Cons- Benefit is not as good as google or facebook; but I believe we'll catch up soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocused on what we are doing now, it should be fine.

Great place to work.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

ProsHard working team, challenging and interesting technology.

ConsStartup with a lot of new managers.

Worked for Quantcast? Contribute to the Community!

Quantcast Videos

Quantcast – Why Work for Us?

​​​ Real-time display advertising is in a phase of major growth, with spend projected to overtake search by 2015. The skills, infrastructure and technology required for this shift are brand new and dramatically… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quantcast reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quantcast CEO Konrad Feldman. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by Quantcast employees.