Quantcast

Updated November 23, 2014
4.3

Quantcast CEO & Co-Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman

Pros
  • The best part has been meeting such interesting people at lunch and dinner (in 11 reviews)

• Smart people (even the non-engineers are pretty smart) who are also nice (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing fast so you may be placed under a mediocre to bad line manager who has little experience managing people (in 6 reviews)

• Growing fast, so quickly running out of room, but expanding into new space soon (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Quantcast is the best place I have ever worked at, hands down.

Current Employee - Client Strategist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Solid, differentiated product that enables advertisers to achieve their marketing objectives and find their best prospects at scale
    - Compensation is fair, the benefits are awesome and the perks are beyond generous (free lunch and dinner, snacks all day, weekly happy hour with food and drinks, holiday parties, pool and ping pong tables etc)
    - Supportive managers and collaborative teams make work rewarding and fulfilling
    - Excellent training when you start and a consistent emphasis on learning and growth
    - Amazing, smart, interesting people abound
    - Exciting future as the company grows globally

Cons

- No matching for 401K contributions

Keep doing what your doing!

I seriously love working here

Current Employee - Sales Ops in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Ops in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast (more than an year)

Pros

-Positive and encouraging work environment
    -Ability to make change happen and see the impact
    -If you're up for the challenge, there's so much to learn
    -I'm proud to work for Konrad
    -Mmmm lunch and snacks!

Cons

-Moves quickly, which is great, until you're overworked and under-resourced
    -Things aren't always transparent, and inside knowledge is container to a small, select circle
    -HR is pretty old school, and prioritizes paperwork over innovative benefits and career development found in most tech firms

-Invest in T&D for people BESIDES sales people
    -Pick up your heels on hiring our C-level staff please. People feel directionless

People are GREAT! Executive Management is Meh

I have been working at Quantcast

Pros

Almost everyone who works here is smart, friendly and fun! I can actually say I love my co-workers.

Cons

Upper management and middle management seems all over the place. Some of them are strategic and some of them totally suck and should have been fired months ago.

Stop hiring so quickly, stop creating all of these management layers, there are too many cooks in the kitchen right now.

Free food, open culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Free food: breakfast, lunch, and dinner, drinks & snacks, beer carts & happy hour food
    - Pool and ping pong table

Cons

- Lack of engineering resources, always hard to get projects prioritized unless it's a top "priority", but I guess that happens at every company
    - Micro-management (depends which department you work in)
    - Lack of career growth

Review

Current Employee - Full-time Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Full-time Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong product, Strong Vision, Good training, Crowded space but they are in the process of changing the voice of the brand, tremendous upside and opportunity with the product and offering, the company will be successful....

Cons

Horrible work environment, Lots of people looking busy but not doing much, focused on company interest, not client interest, weak mobile product

listen to your clients, focus on revenue drivers and members that are in the field

Quantcast is an ok place to sork

I have been working at Quantcast

Pros

It is an average place to work

Cons

They are a total disorganized mess

Quantcast has been a terrific ride!

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you do well, you get promoted relatively quickly. There are lots of new initiatives for you spearhead and establish yourself amongst your coworkers.

Cons

Things move fast and can get chaotic. If you get anxiety from "not knowing what to do," this isn't the place for you.

Share more about the long term vision for the company. I feel that a disruptive shift needs to take place for us to become a billion dollar company. What would that look like?

Great culture but is it too large already?

I worked at Quantcast

Pros

Lots of fun events. Really easy to get to know people here. Flat hierarchy. If you have an idea, you can go out and do it. Management cares a lot about keeping people happy and it shows.

Konrad and his senior management team are amazingly talented and caring people. I would not bet against them.

Cons

Be wary of the reviews you see here. They explicitly ask their employees to review them on Glassdoor so the reviews are likely biased.

The culture of the sales team is exerting a stronger and stronger influence on the culture of the company as a whole. This may be a good thing or bad thing depending on where you sit.

Company is growing fast so you may be placed under a mediocre to bad line manager who has little experience managing people.

Make sure the sales team culture does not dominate the entire company's culture.

Great people, great culture, interesting problems, and a bright future.

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The scale we deal with is mind boggling and that makes otherwise simple problems require innovation. Every engineer has the opportunity to design and implement a lot of fun pieces of software. Employees are generally all A-players in their domain and extremely technical.

Cons

the rtb world is extremely fast paced and the company moves at breakneck speed, so if you are the kind of developer who likes a nice stree-free 9-5 work week this isn't the place.

horrible sales strategy

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great if you are an engineer, and challenging technical problems to work on

Cons

corporate sales team feels boiler room ish. old head of corporate sales ruled by fear and was only about 'call blitzes' (plus he was good at offending people, whilst oddly being charming to the rest of the company)

maybe figure out a way to be less of a commoditized adtech vendor and a true partner. nobody cares about the 'first-party data' slogan.. it's way overused in the industry