Quantcast

Quantcast Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Quantcast CEO & Co-Founder Konrad Feldman

Konrad Feldman

Pros
  • The best part has been meeting such interesting people at lunch and dinner (in 10 reviews)

• Smart people (even the non-engineers are pretty smart) who are also nice (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's also a fast-growing company which means that there's far more immediate opportunity than resources sometimes allow (in 4 reviews)

• No concern for career development (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights
53 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Challenged every day, motivated by the talent and rewarded by management with growth and salary.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat collaboration between really intelligent people, empowered to make a change, resources (albeit limited at times) to make those changes, excellent culture, great vision by executive team, overall really rewarding to be a part of this successful start up.

ConsAlways changing industry and technology is great but exhausting.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in hiring people and rewarding those that contribute so greatly to the company. Whether by public or private recognition, salary increase or other perks.

Great Company. Brightest people in the industry. Engineering Centric. Lacking in communication structure & management.

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat perks. The brightest people in the industry you'll get to work with. Great technology company with strong products. A lot of exciting changes as the company is going through an aggressive growth stage. Very generous with benefits and comps.

ConsThe company is going through a hyper growth stage and is too heavily sales driven. Loosing some of its cultural identity or defining it and becoming a bit too corporate. Poor/immature mid-management team. Very silo communications or transparency between department. HR department growth is lacking and is very much behind company's growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on developing your management team and ensuring they're better equip for success.

Great place to work for as Software Engineer!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros* Great Culture
    - Lots of smart people
    - Management does recognize individual contribution

* Technology
    - Interesting technical problems to be solved!
    - Lots of cool technologies and a wide range of languages being used in production, such as Java, Python and Go
    - Encourage cross-functional movement

* Compensation
    - Good salary, bonus and stock options
    - Good perks

* Overall
    - Company is doing great financially
    - Company is growing rapidly

* Fun
    - Best Ping Pong team among San Francisco Tech Companies

ConsCannot think of any at the moment

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering culture, smart, ethical and cutting edge.

Operations (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat products, fun culture and always looking for ways to innovate. Lots of smart people and opportunity for those looking to learn about adtech and grow their career. Quantcast is unique in that it captures first party data in real time to build complex targeting models rather than leverage third party data like most competitors do in this space. Work hard, play hard. We build great products and services around them.

ConsA little conservative for your typical start up culture. Not overly communicative on long term strategy or financial numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany information should be shared more freely...

Outstanding place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat products that work, proprietary data sets that differentiate the company from the noise in the marketplace. Intelligent team members across the board. World class training for the entire organization (sales training is comprehensive and like nothing I have ever seen at other companies). Great career growth potential in an exciting and breakout industry.

ConsNormal challenges in a hyper-growth environment. Adding A LOT of new people each month which is not a con, just creates challenges of integration and getting people up to speed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in high caliber training. The transparency and leadership is refreshing and appreciated.

Great technology, not so great management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe technology stack is impressive. As an engineer you will work with some leading edge technology and some brilliant people. The Friday beer bash is impressive. Catered lunch and dinner if you stay past 7PM is also good. Nice offices (open floor plan). Good location, easy to commute to. Excellent place for recent grads as the pay scale is a bit low for the region. Extremely engineering centric which is good for engineers, not so great for everybody else. Not really a sweat shop; I saw very few engineers in on Saturday or Sunday.

ConsAntiquated management. No concern for career development. Limited communication downwards. Lot's of attention paid to acquiring new talent, very little paid to retaining existing talent. Company is too large now for new hires to make anything off stock options if the company ever goes public. This is a typical 'negative feedback' company. You will not get positive feedback when you do a good job but you will get negative feedback when you do a poor job. Communication between departments almost non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvanced degrees don't always translate to productive employees or good managers. Develop a career growth path for new employees so they can have realistic, mutually beneficial goals with the organization. Improve the almost non-existent project management function and empower product managers who it seems are always under the thumb of engineering (which is somewhat backwards).

Do not join unless you're an engineer. You will be set up for failure.

Client Service (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat product! Free food, dinner and weekly happy hour. Nice office location. Pretty much it stops there.

ConsLack of leadership and management is a mess. Long daily hours and weekends. No work life balance at all and lack of support from managers. There is no professional with other department. Sales, finance and CS team is a mess. There is no support with other department but mostly the blame game. There is a huge lack of corporate processes which should be consistence, effective, accuracy and timely. Everything is manual and pretty much broken. I was trained to email Sales and Finance and just wait for something to happen. It's a black-hole because I am constantly not meeting my client's request and target due to others delay action. Making it impossible to build new or retain client relations. It was a dead end place for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your Sales team and get them up to speed with company policy and procedure. Train sales, CS and AM how to properly launch their campaigns and meet client expectation. Consider automation for your accounting system/processes. There is no way you can file for S-1 when your internal info structure is broken.

Great company, although better when I joined

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking with really smart people around.
    I've worked for couple of good software companies before. So far the experience here is the best indeed.
    Some pioneer work on big data. Good reputation in big data community (at least I think).
    I left for some personal reasons. Missed it.

ConsSometimes feel management decisions unpredictable like black boxes. Long hours of working for some teams.

Quantcast: Great SF Media/Tech Company

Account Executive, Agency and Marketer Development (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat office, catered meals, collaborative work space with brilliant minds, tremendous growth potential

ConsI have none to date

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

In a crowded and noisy space, Quantcast does things the right way and will pull away from the competition.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAn opportunity to learn and be in the middle of the most exciting industry in the world. You'll work on projects and accounts that truely mean something to not only the company but the overall ad tech space.

ConsCompany growing fast, many tenured employees leaving once they're fully vested. Althought that's common in the startup world, hopefully management finds ways to retain folks that are loyal.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement seems to really favor past Google employees and executives. It might be time to branch out and bring some different perspective to the company.

Worked for Quantcast? Contribute to the Community!