Quantenna Communications, Inc.

Quantenna Communications, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Quantenna Communications, Inc. CEO Sam Heidari

Sam Heidari

Pros
  • The work environment and the people make Quantenna a great place to work (in 11 reviews)

• s true that the Quantenna team works hard, we are a start-up so we love what we do because we are working on cutting edge technology (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Pre-IPO - lots of work for successful IPO (in 4 reviews)

• The cons are like any start-up - long hours, working creatively with few resources, etc (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Gain a lot for work a lot

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsWill speak about my experience as a software engineer only, but I think the same applies to other teams.

Innovative workplace, well known among industry professional, on the edge of transforming from startup into an IPO company. Lots of interesting work to do, and a real opportunity to affect product development direction for all engineers.
    Multi-national, vibrant development team, company has offices all around the world. Management all have engineering background as far as I can tell, so they are involved in development itself.
    Working environment (at Fremont office at least) is very comfortable, company does everything to make your stay at the office as comfortable as possible so you wouldn't want to go home.

ConsSoftware development processes are not very well established. Company coming out of its start-up phase, and a lot of practices which were OK for a smaller development team do not suit a growing company.

Sometimes job requires to spent a lot of time working, in the office or elsewhere. These periods can be short for someone to whom spending a lot of time at work is very inconvenient (needs more time with kids or whatever), but these periods can not be avoided altogether. So plan accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove software development and communication practices, abandon legacy development tools while its not too late.

Great Company to work at, amazing projects, Growing fast.

ProsExciting and challenging work environment. Learning a lots of things in process. All the colleagues are very friendly and helpful.

ConsSince it is not a big company, lots of effort required and extended hours required during crunch time.

It is excited to work with many wise guys.

SQA Engineer (Current Employee) Shanghai City, IL

ProsI'm interested in this field. This is an happy work environment.

ConsYou have to spend sometime to work on night and weekend.

Advice to Senior Managementexpect more collective travel :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leading edge technology and it is preparing for IPO

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsIn this company, you will handle and leading edge tech and have a chance to share the fruit of IPO

ConsI learned a lot of skills about Linux kernel, driver writing and performance tuning

Very Exciting Place to work

Senior Verification Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat team, synergy and everyone is contributing. The general approach is towards problem solving instead of pointing fingers. Being a startup it provides great opportunity to enhance your vertical skill beyond your core domain only. The interaction and close working between different team helps to improve product as well as individual.

Great HR to work with which helps to maintain momentum in company.

ConsLong hours require in crunch situation.

Work with a very talented and skilled workforce of engineers, leading Wi-Fi technology

Engineering (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsGood technical work, great opportunity for engineers, good benefits, HR always willing to help, open door policy, lunch brought in everyday

Conslong work hours typical of growing startup, Fremont

Software QA consultant

ProsGreat working environment. All the Coworkers are nice and very helpful. Great to have an opportunity to be involve in next generation wireless products. Very flexible working condition. Lots of snacks. lot of things to learn.

ConsWhen it gets busy, it gets super busy. as a consultant, pay day are vary.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. I love working here. But please let me get my paycheck on time.

Great Company in growing market space

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

Pros- Wi-Fi marketspace (>$5 bln market by 2016)
    - Leading Technology (4x4 MIMO - no one else has successful products yet with 4x4)
    - Great work culture and fun startup environment
    - Pre-IPO

Cons- Lots of work & challenges
    - Long hours like any other start-up

Advice to Senior ManagementTaking all the right decisions lately - so continue doing that

Fast growing company with exciting technology

Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsTalented engineers. Ever expanding market. Opportunity to impact people's daily lives.

ConsHigh turnover (engineering and management) relative to industrial norm, though less so now than before.

Great place to have fun at work, learn and grow

Engineering (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

Pros- Start-up with fast paced environment, reasonably flat reporting structure with little beurocracy, excellent place to learn WiFi and wireless, enabling new markets in WiFi.
    - Great place to get exposure to all aspects of product development - algorithm design, silicon design, RF design, lab bring-up, software.
    - Free lunch and dinner

ConsLots of exciting work with long hours if you consider that a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe better at selling/marketing the company and its potential to current and future employees.

Worked for Quantenna Communications, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!