QuantiaMD Reviews

Updated June 22, 2014
Updated June 22, 2014
2.9

Mike Coyne

Great website and content for clinicians

I worked at QuantiaMD

Pros

Hard working, professional entry- and mid-level staff that really care about the QuantiaMD "product".
    Good standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, vacation time off, holidays)
    Good work/life balance.

Cons

Big challenges around getting the business model right.
    Senior management team members who are aloof and don't care about retaining good employees or helping employees with their career development.
    Recent layoffs and a number of staff who have left voluntarily.

Show that you care about your hard-working employees. Reinstate bonus plan, give positive feedback.

Was a great place to work

I worked at QuantiaMD full-time

Pros

Seems like overall, things might not be going too well there. I left before anything too dire occurred, but the long-term prospects weren't too good. Depending which team you were on, there was good opportunity to learn and progress... engineering was a great team. Smart people and the CTO was very good. The product team was good too, they always were working on creating new features for the community.

Cons

Great people, great idea, great product and a good location for those not living in the city.

none.

A tenacious company trying to find financial footing

I have been working at QuantiaMD full-time

Pros

Good compensation, intelligent and hardworking staff, innovative

Cons

Not much room for growth

Stop hiring high salary executives who don't deliver

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How many times can you change Management?

Former Employee - Client Service  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Service in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at QuantiaMD full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are few players in healthcare media in the US, and these guys are not the worst

Cons

They seem to regret or deny the reality of the industry they are in. Yes pharma is slow, so lets try and get money from healthcare IT players and insurance companies...

Don't worry if you don't find millions of dollars a month of new revenue in 3 months, you will be gone like the last three mgt teams

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at QuantiaMD full-time for more than a year

Pros

QMD is a growing organization, it's a late development start up, has reasonable hours that are typically flexible. Managers will work with you on schedule if you are dealing with a Nor'ester or are traveling by bus. Managers and senior staff are accessible, approachable, and encourage input. Fantastic benefits (especially health care)

Cons

No matching on 401k bene.
    Processes are slow, but mainly because of FDA compliance issues.
    It's a late development start up, so things are constantly in flux (it can be good or bad, depending on your perspective)
    Depending on your position, they tend to do a contract-to-hire, just to make sure you're a good fit.

Keep up the good work.

A great product with intelligent collegues, but is having a hard time with placement/growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at QuantiaMD

Pros

Great atmosphere to work

The product is one of the best ideas I've heard of--it will thrive, for sure!

If you are technically saavy, than this place is the place for you--you will be in your element

Bagel Mondays, free coffee, tons of fruit and food

Engineering team and CTO are the BEST in the industry hands down

Hard working and dedicated people = great colleagues

Flexible with time off

Cons

Terrible management skills depending what department your in: its not that the individual is terrible, rather, i think that there is too much on any 1 persons plate, which will of course "hurt" the communication and level of detail that is relayed to the employees

Growing pains as this company is still very small, they need to place Managers in the right departments, and continue with the collaborative thinking that was there early on

TOO MANY MEANINGLESS time wasting MEETINGS!!! Something that can be done in 5min, often takes Hours---days often because certain people "need things to do"

Placing people in the incorrect roles causes lack in communication, time and money wasted

Overtime is expected-- be prepared to work hard and wear many hats

Take the time to understand what your employees actually do, you may be surprised

Good people, pretty good tech, having some growing pains

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at QuantiaMD

Pros

My fellow engineers and I got along really well. Tasks were well-defined, deadlines were manageable, and overall it was a good experience. I was glad to work on the projects I did, more for my own satisfaction than for the company.

Cons

i think that departments other than engineering may not have been treated well. I think that opportunities for learning new skills or trying new things was very limited. I think it was very hard to change peoples' minds when they wanted you to build something silly.

I think that it's time to start thinking about making sure that employees really have good opportunities to move forward, and not just toss in a 'bagel Monday' and hope for the best. I also think that it's time to open the books on all the instability in sales and marketing: it's nice to meet new people, but why exactly did the old people go?

A mundane place to do some work and get a paycheck

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at QuantiaMD

Pros

The people at Qantia are nice. They have a pretty good coffee machine. Oh, and free bagels on monday morning are nice too.

Cons

As an engineer you can expect to get equipment that has been cast off by at least 3 or 4 other people before you get it. Engineering is the least important group in the company.

Have a walk though the office and look into people's cubes. Notice that very few people have personal affects in their offices. To me this is an indication that most people consider Quantia a "temporary" position.

Good changes are making this an even better place to work

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at QuantiaMD full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well deserving people get promoted. New product ideas are taking off. Change in Leadership really positive.

Cons

Still need better defined career paths in some groups...depends on your manager.

Keep improving the open communication. Things much better in last 4 months - new mgmt with collaborative mindset - it's a more fun place to be. A lot of us feel like we really understand how we can make a difference.

Not a place I'd recommend until Sr. management flips

I worked at QuantiaMD

Pros

It's a pretty good idea and most people are great. I think this company has a lot of potential if it focuses and let's their employees do what they were hired to do.

Cons

The Sr. Management team is abysmal - arrogant, non supportive, unfocused. It has improved some, but not much.

Back off and let the people you hire do their best. Lead, don't micromanage.

Worked for QuantiaMD? Contribute to the Community!