QuantiaMD

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Coyne

Great website and content for clinicians

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHard working, professional entry- and mid-level staff that really care about the QuantiaMD "product".
    Good standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, vacation time off, holidays)
    Good work/life balance.

ConsBig challenges around getting the business model right.
    Senior management team members who are aloof and don't care about retaining good employees or helping employees with their career development.
    Recent layoffs and a number of staff who have left voluntarily.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you care about your hard-working employees. Reinstate bonus plan, give positive feedback.

Was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSeems like overall, things might not be going too well there. I left before anything too dire occurred, but the long-term prospects weren't too good. Depending which team you were on, there was good opportunity to learn and progress... engineering was a great team. Smart people and the CTO was very good. The product team was good too, they always were working on creating new features for the community.

ConsGreat people, great idea, great product and a good location for those not living in the city.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

A tenacious company trying to find financial footing

ProsGood compensation, intelligent and hardworking staff, innovative

ConsNot much room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring high salary executives who don't deliver

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How many times can you change Management?

Client Service (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsThere are few players in healthcare media in the US, and these guys are not the worst

ConsThey seem to regret or deny the reality of the industry they are in. Yes pharma is slow, so lets try and get money from healthcare IT players and insurance companies...

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't worry if you don't find millions of dollars a month of new revenue in 3 months, you will be gone like the last three mgt teams

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsQMD is a growing organization, it's a late development start up, has reasonable hours that are typically flexible. Managers will work with you on schedule if you are dealing with a Nor'ester or are traveling by bus. Managers and senior staff are accessible, approachable, and encourage input. Fantastic benefits (especially health care)

ConsNo matching on 401k bene.
    Processes are slow, but mainly because of FDA compliance issues.
    It's a late development start up, so things are constantly in flux (it can be good or bad, depending on your perspective)
    Depending on your position, they tend to do a contract-to-hire, just to make sure you're a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

A great product with intelligent collegues, but is having a hard time with placement/growth

(Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsGreat atmosphere to work

The product is one of the best ideas I've heard of--it will thrive, for sure!

If you are technically saavy, than this place is the place for you--you will be in your element

Bagel Mondays, free coffee, tons of fruit and food

Engineering team and CTO are the BEST in the industry hands down

Hard working and dedicated people = great colleagues

Flexible with time off

ConsTerrible management skills depending what department your in: its not that the individual is terrible, rather, i think that there is too much on any 1 persons plate, which will of course "hurt" the communication and level of detail that is relayed to the employees

Growing pains as this company is still very small, they need to place Managers in the right departments, and continue with the collaborative thinking that was there early on

TOO MANY MEANINGLESS time wasting MEETINGS!!! Something that can be done in 5min, often takes Hours---days often because certain people "need things to do"

Placing people in the incorrect roles causes lack in communication, time and money wasted

Overtime is expected-- be prepared to work hard and wear many hats

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to understand what your employees actually do, you may be surprised

Good people, pretty good tech, having some growing pains

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsMy fellow engineers and I got along really well. Tasks were well-defined, deadlines were manageable, and overall it was a good experience. I was glad to work on the projects I did, more for my own satisfaction than for the company.

Consi think that departments other than engineering may not have been treated well. I think that opportunities for learning new skills or trying new things was very limited. I think it was very hard to change peoples' minds when they wanted you to build something silly.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that it's time to start thinking about making sure that employees really have good opportunities to move forward, and not just toss in a 'bagel Monday' and hope for the best. I also think that it's time to open the books on all the instability in sales and marketing: it's nice to meet new people, but why exactly did the old people go?

A mundane place to do some work and get a paycheck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsThe people at Qantia are nice. They have a pretty good coffee machine. Oh, and free bagels on monday morning are nice too.

ConsAs an engineer you can expect to get equipment that has been cast off by at least 3 or 4 other people before you get it. Engineering is the least important group in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a walk though the office and look into people's cubes. Notice that very few people have personal affects in their offices. To me this is an indication that most people consider Quantia a "temporary" position.

Good changes are making this an even better place to work

Client Services (Current Employee)

ProsWell deserving people get promoted. New product ideas are taking off. Change in Leadership really positive.

ConsStill need better defined career paths in some groups...depends on your manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving the open communication. Things much better in last 4 months - new mgmt with collaborative mindset - it's a more fun place to be. A lot of us feel like we really understand how we can make a difference.

Not a place I'd recommend until Sr. management flips

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a pretty good idea and most people are great. I think this company has a lot of potential if it focuses and let's their employees do what they were hired to do.

ConsThe Sr. Management team is abysmal - arrogant, non supportive, unfocused. It has improved some, but not much.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off and let the people you hire do their best. Lead, don't micromanage.

Worked for QuantiaMD? Contribute to the Community!