Quantros

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
2.2

Keith Hagen

Strong potential, but needs stronger Leadership

I worked at Quantros

Pros

Company is filled with smart, talented and collaborative people who go to great lengths to support client needs. Opportunity to work on a variety of projects and wear many hats.

Cons

Office culture was not very unified in terms of company vision, goals, and product collaboration. Demands and expectations constantly shifted due to lack of strong motivation and direction from Leadership team.

Sr Software Engineer

Former Employee - Quantros in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Quantros in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Quantros full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are even or PAR with other high Tech companies.The culture is very good, very diverse, harmoniums…

Cons

The downside is that in a large corporation you can get lost in the shuffle. You can lose your autonomy and become a small cog in a big wheel.

Lack of strategic direction

I have been working at Quantros full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are little smart, you can play with marketing words and shine in the company.

Cons

The current management is so poor that they are making each others fool. There is no strategic direction, you just need to talk, talk, and talk. No need to execute on any plan, as the top management is not able to create them. Business folks (so called "Strategists" come up ideas that have no financial relevance. CMO is busy playing politics and doesn't think about company's needs. People are not at all working together.

Sell the company, as you are not able to set it up for success.

Poor management and little support.

I have been working at Quantros full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The start-up atmosphere promotes self-starters and taking initiative.

Cons

True disconnect between departments; between staff and upper management. Little to no sense of companywide morale.

Demanding but autonomous workplace

I have been working at Quantros full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great, smart people work here. Especially lately - the last few months - we have added new team members who are genuinely good, talented and interesting people. Senior mgmt is trying to implement big changes and adapt to changing industry.

Cons

Many demands, the work is never done. The culture here also encourages much work and little play. You have to make your own personal break time. Departments are often not collaborative, creating some friction and bureaucratic communication problems.

Open communication, invest in some internal rapport building. New changes are working but let's not burn out.

good experience till new managment

I worked at Quantros full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While I was there - my department was a great unit. I had support from my boss and my bosses boss. But that all changed with new managment.

Cons

new managment does not adress business problems and in a desperate attempt to fix $$ issues they implemented layoffs by cutting the mostly highly functional department in the company as opposed to trimming poorly functioning individuals.

Look at details instead of line items.

Positive changes in sight

I have been working at Quantros full-time

Pros

New management creating a positive and diverse culture. New location with room for all employees.

Cons

Engineering needs to be held accountable, and needs a reality check.

Need to endorse and nurture collaboration. Too many people who don't share information for job security creates a broken mold for all new blood.

Extremely disappointed with this Company

I have been working at Quantros full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits. Nice new building. That's about it.

Cons

They overwork you and give no aknowledgement of your effort and success. When you cannot keep up with their immpossible demands, they throw you under the bus. Very difficult to move up despite efforts. They don't genuinely care about employees. You are just a worker to them, not a person. Very unprofessional management team. There is a reason that we have had so many people resign in the last few months.

To obtain the results that you want, hire more employees. Stop being slave drivers.

Last Resort job.

I have been working at Quantros full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Thought senior management was nimble and aware of the market. Boy was I wrong.

Cons

This is a job of last resort. No career here. I too believe this company is fading to grey. Would you like to be a sales professional who accepts a 30K salary cut. What a bad dream.

Liquidate. You can't compete!

Worst Senior Mgmt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Quantros full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing to talk about. This company was doing great with the old owners and mgmt. After the company was bought out in 2010 it has been going downhill with unwanted process and losing clients.

Cons

Senior Mgmt doesnt have healthcare Experience. Dont care about employees wellbeing. Makes slow decisions in this fast changing market and finally takes egg on their face...This company is not going anywhere in the current mode and will have to shut down late 2013.

You might have great experience in the Mgmt level but not knowing the domain is a big negative. Please change your style of functioning or else takes this company to the grave...Choice is yours...