Quantum Corporation

Quantum Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Quantum Corporation CEO and Director Jon W. Gacek

Jon W. Gacek

Pros
  • Benefits are good, people are great, work life balance is great too (in 10 reviews)

• good work enviroment,good people to work with (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is all about the good old boys network (in 5 reviews)

• No stock price movement in what, ten years (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company plagued with bad business management

Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGood work environment, friendly employees, great benefits

ConsLayoffs lurking at every corner, managers and executives not held accountable for bad decisions, CEO with over-inflated ego. All adds up to poor stock performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive departments reasonable budgets. Too many are operating without the necessities and without the manpower to do the work. When cutting costs, look at areas other than the workforce. Employees find it hard to stay loyal when there is a constant slow bleed due to layoffs. The ones who remain are burdened with duties that are not in their job descriptions and are overloaded in general.

CEO is way over his head - doesn't help by hiring similarly equipped execs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, good culture, good benefits.

ConsBit of a gerbil wheel, unless you are in the inner circle. No real career growth potential

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to the board: replace the entire executive management team. this company has huge potential but not with the current management

Unstable, lots of management changes and uncertainty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits package and starting salary

ConsVery few chances for advancement or pay increases, frequent layoffs and uncertainty about future of the company. Poor sales management and employee on boarding process is pretty much non-existent. Top down management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolicit and take interest in what's going on with customer facing employees and it will help you improve the environment and retain employees who care about the future of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with amazing people and customers.

Senior Storage Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsQuantum is getting ahead in the cloud with their latest rollout.

ConsQuantum is making big changes to their service structure. The jury is still out.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your resume is up to date.

Rewarding experience for me... wish Quantum all the Best

Service (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsDedicated and extremely talented people in the Teams I was privileged to interact with regularly (Engineering, Sustaining, Field Service, Service Management). Valuable Educational Services/Training. Strong, reliable and feature rich products in the mature product families. Great customers.

ConsIMO... Aggressive product launches of complex, new release, feature rich products into broader (less understood) customer environments caused some early negative customer experiences. The resulting perception challenges made it difficult for talented Sales Teams to overcome facing (sometimes exaggerated) competitor FUD.

Loss of a job due to layoffs... I really miss working with a lot of good folks.

No career growth path. Clueless executive management. Quantum is a sinking boat.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork/life balance if you are lucky to have a decent supervisor. If you are good at kissing at several level up in management, you will do good. Very Policies and process driven and structured environment.

ConsTop down management. Bean counter as CEO with inflated ego and no leadership competency. No accountability at management level. Frequent layoffs of rank and files. Every quarter management has a new excuse for falling short of revenue and profit expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop 10% of management should be fired. Executives are too unfocused and engaging company into multiple initiatives but has no resources to support even one initiative. Even their larger competitors with much more resources don't try to do too many different things like Quantum in trying to do. Focus or perish.

Great opportunity to contribute now, but the future is unknown

Quality (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThe people that are left are dedicated to helping make the company succeed and we wear multiple hats. Overwhelmingly, anybody you talk to is willing to help out with any questions, and it definitely feels like a supportive team environment across the company.

ConsLack of opportunity to advance and job uncertainty are two of the negatives. I feel that there are some people that clearly stand out and at a different company would have moved up the corporate ladder but at Quantum we are flat and those opportunities just don't exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be a disconnect between the upper and lower workers. A lot of high level positions never seem to get affected by layoffs while the workers are constantly losing their jobs, or the CEO gets a significant pay raise while the company spirals down. Really?

Not long to live

Procees Engineer I (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsLower to mid management cared about their employees. Good culture and benefits. Positive place to be until upper management and CEO decided to outsource manufacturing jobs from the Colorado Springs plant to a third party company.

ConsOverall employees were under paid compared to local and national equivalent positions. Upper management and CEO do not seem to have a clue on how to run a large corporation. Many decisions from the past few years seem to have ruined the company and stock value.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue!!

They Treated Me Well, but the Writing's on the Wall

OEM Customer Support (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsEmployees treated as professionals, good benefits, flexible schedule, reliable products, well-documented processes and procedures, excellent low- and mid-level managers who care.

ConsCustomers became the enemy after Quantum acquired ADIC. Quantum's culture and dedication to being a world-class organization evaporated as well. Solid, experienced professionals who (rightfully) commanded higher salaries were replaced by younger, cheaper, inexperienced, and often clueless workers. Executive management lacks vision and has little regard for customer relationships.

Wasn't there long..

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, nice people, good technology and product

ConsSome poor market decisions have led to a lot of layoffs to protect themselves on wall street. Not much for training either. Everything is done on your own online with no help otherwise than being thrown to the wolves.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop the training program. Make it a structured, classroom environment. Increase people on the street in major metro areas and condense the area your regional managers are covering. Adding qualified, well trained people to the field will allow them to penetrate under performing areas of the country.

Worked for Quantum Corporation? Contribute to the Community!