Quantum Health

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kara Trott

Great people and a great business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Quantum Health full-time

Prosgreat mantra of how to run a business

ConsStarting to stray in various directions - seemingly without much thought

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get too distracted by shiny people. Stay the course to the values that you put in place

Playground for the inexperienced

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for more than a year

ProsYou may qualify for a job you wouldn't elsewhere

ConsIf you are considering working here, research your manager to determine if he/she has experience as a manager and outside of the company. The company is quick to give fancy titles to very junior staff and to promote based on favoritism, leaving experienced people reporting to those who don't know how to lead them. The company is top heavy and has more leaders than doers. Hostile culture that does not do change, making it impossible to improve anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that HR is finally in place, assess positions to ensure people are qualified. Stop giving jobs to people who lack experience or based on favoritism. Hold people accountable for bad behavior and reorganize positions so subject matter experts are well-placed. Cut positions that are triplicate! The PMO is the stupidest thing on the planet. The same departments existed beforehand only now the former leaders are stuck reporting to people who have no business leading because they have no experience.

It is after all a call center

Patient Service Representative (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time for less than a year

ProsThe welcome and buy-in of new emloyees to learn the company's core values and mission; hearing the CEO speak on how she started the company after leaving corporate law. Starting pay was good, great culture emphasizing walking pedometers and free healthy snacks (nuts, dried cranberries, granola bars, fruit bowl by the reception area). I learned so much in a short time frame and I did feel good helping callers where I used my own initiative or with backup from other team members. I have great respect for the experienced nurses who go beyond to help the hard cases, and hearing first hand how they made a big difference in people's health status.

ConsMy review is on the Patient Service Rep position where I lasted just 2 months in training. My background was in medical claims with little customer service on the phone. During the training over 6 - 8 weeks, some methods may not have been best preparation, too much role playing and joking around (role playing also used for testing which determined whether you were retained); points deducted in monitored calls for misquoting coverage from complex health beneifts or for not showing enough empathy but getting down to business of call. In comparison to other customer service positions, the expected tone would almost be called coddling because of nature of the call (health insurance and medical issues). Would have helped to use buddy system early on with seasoned reps where we take the calls and are then coached in providing expected responses plus navigating multiple computer screens to reach resolution in a timely manner. People who succeed in this role may have previous experience in collections, strangely not from medical field. Heard some employees promoted quickly for the rapid growith of company. Employees who do well are former restaurant workers who can follow orders without question. Didn't appreciate having instructions barked by trainer who wanted things done slam dunk to shorten call time. Often information gathering is dependent on other third parties, unattainable to complete in goal of 7 minutes. Those calls requiring outbound would add time to the length of your call. You may have provided great service and resolution but your total went over the expected time duration, and that is what is emphasized (someone else can do it faster for less money), not your effort in problem solving.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview training methods in preparation of new employees in this role. Some of the same scenarios were used over and over and repetition is helpful in learning, but in real calls it requires knowing how to access information quickly and accurately to be efficient at it (while projecting the compassion and confidence that you want in delivering the customer service).

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Finally found the company from which I hope to retire!

Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for less than a year

ProsOpen, honest, and exceptionally supportive culture based on "assuming positive intent," company encourages and celebrates "random acts of kindness," explosive and exciting business growth (we have doubled in the # of employees during past 12 months), free snacks & every kind of soda pop you can imagine, on-site fitness facility, free parking, free Keurig coffee & teas, free movie-style popcorn on every floor (ALWAYS), catered monthly corporate meetings, company makes a generous contribution into our 401Ks, on-site massage therapy, multiple opportunities to participate in community/charitable/volunteer activities, Toastmasters club, optional stand-up desk configuration in the Pod areas, career promotions seen from within the organization on a regular basis, and both our company and our CEO win awards all the time!! We work hard, have fun, and we make a real difference in the lives of our clients -- every single day. Very grateful to be part of this organization as it works to change the face of healthcare. I hope to retire from this company one day!

ConsDue to our rapid growth, we often have to changes seating locations/desks or Pod assignments to meet the needs of our clients.

Great environment, job not so great

Patient Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time for more than a year

ProsEveryone greets one another, not much drama, free food, nice people, 3 weeks vacation, 401k, vision, medical, and dental benefits. Expected to take 45 calls per day, which isn't bad compared to most call centers and it's not mandatory, but determines your raise, etc.

ConsExpectations are too high. Expected to follow-up on things that you are not alloted time to do, nor allowed to do it off of the click. You will always have a never ending To Do list.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo favoritism please!

Worked for Quantum Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quantum Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quantum Health CEO Kara Trott. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Quantum Health employees.