Quantum Learning Network Reviews

4.0
Bobbi DePorter

1. SuperCamp TL Experience

I worked at Quantum Learning Network as a contractor

Pros

QLN's SuperCamp is honestly the best job I have ever had. This experience is unlike any other you could expect for a summer camp. The pro-staff's dedication to the mission and values of SuperCamp is infectious, and experiencing the transition of the campers is inspiring. I highly recommend this job to anyone who wants to work at a meaningful (and different) summer camp.

Cons

Sometimes the days can seem like they never end, and holding up your positive attitude from camp to camp can burn you out. All you need to do is practice some self-care and really communicate with your facilitators so that you can be there 100% for the camp. Also, because you are working at a college campus, the food quality at the cafeterias can differ, I would imagine.

Advice to Management

My management was spot-on. I hear that sometimes some of the facilitators at other camps are hit or miss...but you don't get the same ones every year. I would have faith in their abilities and go with the flow.

2. Life skills to pay the bills

Pros

This company strives to work with integrity and balance through out it's branches. Working at this company gave me confidence and tools for my future career. Here you get paid to learn how to be an awesome leader!

Cons

Upward movement in the company is based on performance, not loyalty. Someone who works there for 2 years may move suddenly to a much higher position over someone who has been there for 10 for seemingly arbitrary reasons. This creates animosity sometimes between staff.

Advice to Management

Provide more avenues of job opportunities for people looking to move from corparte to Supercamp and Supercamp to corporate.

3. QLN was a great place to work & play.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Quantum Learning Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great programs that are truly meant to help kids. Great communication company wide. Co-workers and program staff are the best!

Cons

Lack of experience in communicating effectively with parents of children attending summer programs by part time summer staff which could be improved by more training .

Advice to Management

QLN and their programs are awesome but you need to listen to the parents who flip the bill for their kids to attend the programs.

5. Product Coordinator - Camp

Former Contractor - Product Coordinator in San Marcos, CA
    Former Contractor - Product Coordinator in San Marcos, CA

I worked at Quantum Learning Network as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive environment, fun, engaging, love working with kids

Cons

inadequate pay, long hours, staff could be more diverse, a lot of paperwork

Advice to Management

Camp staff need to be paid more

6. great people, company, and experience

I worked at Quantum Learning Network as a contractor

Pros

corporate does a fantastic job selecting staff

Cons

time management- a lot of times it feels like you are working 24/7 even when you're sleeping you're on the clock

7. I had a great time, and was able to do more than I thought I would

Former Intern - Marketing/Public Relations Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Marketing/Public Relations Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Quantum Learning Network as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities to do things Great working environment Small tightknit community Lots of experience Great opportunities to meet people

Cons

Occasional Tedious Tasks Some down time.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to give us more to do. I love the way that the company is small, and if you're growing do your best to try to keep the small feeling you have there.

8. Its a great opportunity and changes a lot of lives

Former Contractor - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Quantum Learning Network as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You see growth and learning in campers and yourself. Supercamp is a great place to work because you're surrounded by intense positive energy and by the end of the summer you get really close as a staff. Supercamp really only hires the best of the best and you'll meet lifelong friends. Being the leader of a team is a great experience and you get close with your campers too.

Cons

Since the sessions are around a week or more and overnight, you're on duty 24/7. None of the staff get enough sleep or rest time but its inevitable in a camp environment. The fact that you're sometimes in a zombielike state doesn't take away from the overall great experience.

Advice to Management

Some rules are outdated and should be tweaked. As adults, staff shouldn't have to abide by the boundaries set for campers. I'd like to make a starbucks run without asking for permission, especially when its in my own time. Same with girls wearing sleeves, I understand no distracting clothing but it gets ridiculously hot and boys can wear tank tops so its not really fair.

9. Excellent company that offers support

Current Contractor - Facilitator in Oceanside, CA
    Current Contractor - Facilitator in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at Quantum Learning Network as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent support for staff and great relationships with staff members. Locations vary and are fun. Awesome working environment.

Cons

There are times that the work load is excessive and conflicts are not always handled in the best manner.

10. Founded on strong vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at Quantum Learning Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people who have genuine desire to make a difference in education

Cons

Executive leadership does not have a clear vision for how to move the company forward

11. good professional development if you are a teacher

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Pros

some really good teacher trainers, fun summer programs with kids, great staff training events for internal trainers, nice fountain outside building

Cons

narrow minded leadership, overworked and underpaid employees, classic 'x' style management mugs employees while taking out-scaled personal gain "because it's their right", talk transparency while being closed off with a 'need to know basis' approach to leadership

Advice to Management

Let go. Share. Allow staff to be themselves and flourish. Trust new ideas and creativity - even the scary stuff.

RSS Feed </> Embed