Quantum Management Services

CEO

Found at home at Quantum

Current Employee - Placement Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Placement Director in New York, NY

Pros

Quantum invests in its people and help them grow with great training programs. I'm encouraged to build my business with the support of the company but am able to feel like my clients are my business. The people are great and there is opportunity to learn from industry professionals.

Cons

The company is based and headquartered in Canada with a small office in NY.

Entrepreneurial Environment with the benefit of company backing you

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

I got really great training when I started and always felt like I could ask questions to my Manager and Training Manager if I was stuck on something... I was fortunate to work wtih a really tight-knit that made me laugh every day! The compensation structure for commission is uncapped so I was happy with my earning potential.

Cons

Sales can be challenging in any environment. I think a better job could have been done to keep us engaged. Communication needs to improve from the partners and I would have liked to see the work-life balance improved by introducing work from home options, earning days off, etc. The website needs some attention too...

Lots of time and effort is spent on engaging clients and candidates but attention needs to be paid internally to make staff feel appreciated.

Had it's pluses and minuses like every company.

Former Employee - Recruitment Specialist  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great potential for commission, great training, a lot of great staff members and everyone is really helpful.

Cons

Full cycle Recruitment / Sales / Account Management is not an effective model. Sales is what deters 80 - 90% of Recruiters from wanting to work in the agency world and what ends up pushing most employee's out of Quantum. The push for sales is too much and Sales is not something that everyone is good at. It is something that should be left to the sales professionals. Of course Account Management and up-selling to your existing clients is all part of Recruitment, so every recruiter can benefit from the Sales training. However it should not be mandatory. It takes away from your desk. Difficult as a new Recruiter starting out to gain your own large clients. Some of the Management should not be in the positions they are in. Smaller branches require specific types of Management that fits the employee's.

Treat your emploee's with respect. Ensure that you do not micro-manage, because you will lose the respect of your employee's and they will not perform under that type of management style. The recruitment Industry allows employee's to gain commissions for their hard work, so let them breath and do their jobs - and you should do your own, which actually means out there selling.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great manager made the difference

Pros

Good training, long tenure with many staff, friendly, professional tools

Cons

The way the territories are owned. Long tenured staff " own" the big clients yet there can be little activity on the go with them. Hard to pick up big clients for a new account manager

Open door policy and continue with great training

Helping others is extremely satisfying.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Overall there is an excellent team environment and great employees! The company offers great training for building a business and the opportunity to learn about so many businesses.

Cons

The industry can be tough overall. Dealing with non committing candidates can be very frustrating and achieving monthly budgets can also be a challenge.

keep the corporate internal initiatives going, invest in your employees including schooling and networking events.

Recruiters from Quantum Management Services

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great commission potential
    You can make your own success
    Always changing and exciting environment
    Can meet many people in high level positions
    Interaction with people all the time, in a professional way

Cons

Very competitive environment
    Must meet quotas every month or it could result in job instability
    Top heavy management
    Not much potential to move around in the company
    Must enjoy an ever changing environment
    Affected by changes in the economy

Environment is too strict and tense sometimes - makes it very competitive and cut throat

Worked for Quantum Management Services? Contribute to the Community!