Quantum Reservoir Impact

Quantum Reservoir Impact Reviews

3.1

Quantum Reservoir Impact President & CEO Nansen G. Saleri
Nansen G. Saleri

Technical challenges at a fast pace, high compensation with high expectations. Not for the faint of heart.

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The technical challenges range from the difficult to the severe, and the technical teams assembled are world class, including many prominent industry figures. Bonus + equity + 401k match means compensation is slightly above average; it’s foreign service premium where QRI really stands out, and you can make lots of $$$. Overseas rotations are tough, but comp time is generous, and they try hard to accommodate those with families.

Performance is recognized. The executives are warm, open-door types who strive to make QRI into a big family, even as the company expands – the CEO knows everyone’s name, and their spouse’s name.

The company keeps growing, with a client and revenue base that has expanded every year, and a wide array of projects to work on. Our bread-and-butter is reservoir management consulting for large clients overseas; we also do mergers and acquisitions, strategic consulting, plus our own operations.

Cons

It’s a small company with big ideas, and corresponding egos – corporate culture is friendly but gossipy, even political.

Our foreign assignments, although highly rewarded and fabulous for career development, are not for the thin-skinned. Chaos management is everything; our clients need our help for a reason. We’re dropped into the front lines, and must navigate the fog of war. And then add the trapeze act between work travel and family life.

If you can distill order from chaos, offer clarity in the midst of mayhem, then you are a hero who will be recognized and rewarded. If you crave a structured work environment with lots of supervision, then you’re better off at an IOC.

Continue to recognize those who perform in spite of the odds, and who keep the $$$ flowing… bigger bonuses wouldn't be unwelcome. Be careful about announcing new projects until there’s ink on paper, to avoid exposure to non-constructive criticism when things get complicated. And please resist the temptation to pinch pennies on the front lines – to control costs, start with some spring cleaning at home .

Overall, QRI is a great thing to be a part of, and those of us who've been on this journey will be talking about it for years to come.

Ineffective and Inefficient.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation structure is really good. I think a lot of people work for QRI mainly for the money. Free parking, snacks, bus, gym, 401K matching, others. There are many and technical people. It moves fast as it is still smal.

Cons

Management appears incompetent. Some good people have already left due to poor career options for younger professionals. Travel is a lot also so there's quite a bit of burn out. The company is still family run in many ways and you see nepotism Not a lot of client diversity so this makes the company more vulnerable to oil and gas cycles.

I Listen to us, your employees and your mid management. Be forthright with what you say and do. Do not white wash bad things but instead be proactive.

The good days are behind them and the sea gets rougher every day.

Current Employee - Senior Person in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Person in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to make a lot of money given compensation system.
    Great technical staff with which to work and share ideas.
    Many of the projects are interesting.

Cons

Senior management should just stay home, they add no value whatsoever.
    Management shoots only from the hip and never ever has asked advice from any of the staff.
    Bonuses are very small compared to much of the industry.

Seriously develop a five year plan of action by soliciting feedback from the staff. At $100 oil we can replace our salaries in days, you on the other hand can not, therefore it would serve you well to listen to those that keep your business running.

Performance Sucks! Management is Mediocre! Executive Hubris!

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They have a lot of good technical people. Great perks including parking, free food, health benefits, office, and foreign premiums which are taken advantage.

Cons

Management is very mediocre and sometimes appears dishonest about what they say and what they do. There's a lot of misalignment. The environment appears somewhat of a bounty and famine as they only have a limited client base. There is a lot of Primadonnas and they are usually the PhDs who have very limited experience. Very inefficiently run company.

Hopefully your claim that you are the best reservoir engineers really translate to performance. So much marketing campaign but the company's operations are a disaster. Remove the politics as it is such a small company and be transparent. Run it like a IOC instead of a NOC.

Quantum Reservoir Impact Response

Mar 21, 2014Vice President, Organizational Capability

As a member of Senior Management, I want to extend an invitation to you to talk in private about your concerns. Your perception is important and your perspective can help us to make QRI a better ... More

Great atmosphere

Current Employee - Analyst, Petroleum Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst, Petroleum Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, the work dynamic and the opportunity to travel and develop

Cons

No great cons so far to speak, things have been positive for my duration here

Bizarre, bizarre place. Management appears lost and employees are never quite sure of their roles.

Former Employee - Reservoir Engineering Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Reservoir Engineering Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent salary, human resources attempts to make job tolerable.

Cons

Nonstop work, nonstop travel. No strategy. Completely reactive work. No software to do requisite work.

Time to shut it down.

Quantum Reservoir Impact Response

Sep 26, 2013Vice President, Organizational Capability

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments on how we are doing at QRI. I’m sorry we fell short in meeting your expectations but your parting observations are most helpful to me. Let me ... More

The absolute best group of professionals ever assembled

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent office culture, friendly people, competent people. Everyone wants to contribute and works hard to help each other. Everyone is an expert.

Cons

With this many thoroughbreds, there's bound to be an occasional conflict. The work schedules can be grueling. Constant rotations between field and office take a toll on personal life.

Ease up on the work schedules, insist that employees take time off to be with their families. You're doing a great job overall.

QRI

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Top engineering staff
    Innovative

Cons

Long distance travel required at times.

Institute formal training and educational programs--create more focus around career development.

Getting slightly better and improved

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact

Pros

Environment is friendly but good place for learning to be familiar with industry

Cons

technically are poor but they have to hire good technical people from major companies

Quantum Reservoir Impact Photos