Queens University of Charlotte

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Dr. Pamela Davies

Instructor

Instructor (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsNice work environment. Creativity valued.

ConsAdjunct salary low….$6K for grad course.
    Not much orientation to teaching there.

Flat. Routine. The beautiful grounds cover a multitude of dysfunction!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFlexible work schedule and "educator holiday" lifestyle. Free education.

ConsLittle room for growth, below industry standard for pay and benefits (very expensive for a family), limited resources and substandard budget. Poverty wage unless you are a faculty member / administrator. Negative and non-affirming personnel and leaders in numerous departments. Low moral due to economic restraints. $ goes to faciliities, but not for employee growth, retention, and student engagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild and affirm your team. Train and promote from within. Move some of the building fund to build and reward the staff - a 1% raise one time in four years is not affirming! Dismiss those who have negative, toxic attitudes. Stop and define the goal... disjointed majors and programs that come and go do not help define the school at the undergraduate or graduate level. More concerned w. parking fees than building and promoting the health and growth of the team and student body. Stop w. what "sounds good" and do good.

Growing Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee training and development, personal growth, schedule flexibility, amazing supervisors and positive culture. Also, being a student employee that works alongside other students allows for a stronger connection to the student body.

ConsThere is room for improvement when it comes to salary. Student employees do not have much to lose when working for the university.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Has no consideration for employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsSome of the people that work there make it possible to tolerate the job, but most of them are seeking employment elsewhere. But watch out for the career climbers, they have been ask to spy and tell. You know the ones that don't do their job and put it off on you but claim the credit for it.

ConsWork you to death, no raises, always poor mouthing, Hire you and change job description adding more work that you shouldn't be doing. Give you vacation and holidays but won't let you take them because always understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees, they are the ones who make "you" look like you know what your doing!

Relaxed, but no true direction.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsVery nice people and usually relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful campus and old buildings.

ConsNo type of real rules and what there are (employee handbook) is not followed consistently. Way too much politics between departments and no consistent guidance from above.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to instill in staff and faculty that Queens is one entity and not a bunch of disjointed schools. Need to define procedures and then follow them at all levels.

Nice People, Nice Students

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat benefits, everyone who works here is respectful and nice, the students are not as demanding or needy as other places I've worked. Beautiful campus in ritzy part of Charlotte. Tuition is free if you want to pursue graduate degree (or undergraduate if you do not have one already)

ConsLike all places of higher ed, no bonuses and very small salary increases every year. You must change jobs to get paid more.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job, love the daily staff newsletters that keep us informed of everything that is going on campus--great transparency

Beautiful on the outside

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe Queens campus is beautiful and most of the faculty are intelligent and committed.

ConsAdministration is almost unbelievably disorganized. As with most educational institutions, change is slow but ,unlike most educational institutions, change is sorely needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementLET GO. Let go of what does not work. Develop a system that makes sense.

Great place to work!

ProsLong holiday breaks and Friday's off in the summer.

ConsNot many opportunities for advancement.

Worked for Queens University of Charlotte? Contribute to the Community!