Queensboro Shirt Company

2.8

Fred Meyers

Focused On Improvement

I have been working at Queensboro Shirt Company

Pros

casual, friendly work environment
    intelligent and stimulating co-workers
    ability to make things right for the customer
    focus on constant improvement
    open workspace leads to easy collaboration
    involved employees advance quickly

Cons

few amenities
    no restaurants in walking distance
    demanding customers
    no place to hide on a bad day
    noise level can be a distraction

Retain customer focus and present drive toward improvement. Hire a professional cleaning crew for a once a week dusting and moping.

All the dirt they don't want you to know.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Queensboro Shirt Company full-time

Pros

Steady schedule. About half of the employees are excellent.

Cons

It's a dirty warehouse. There's mold growing on the walls. Bugs flying around. The environment is horrible. Don't let their ads trick you into thinking you're going to have a lavish office. I literally worked on a table they use at fundraisers for months. Management does not give two craps about your health or well-being. It is all about being there for your full 40 hours and being over worked while only being paid around $11/hour. The benefits are lackluster and expensive. The company CEO said two sentences to me the entire time I worked there (he sits 50 feet away from me) and my manager was an absolute witch every moment of every day. The list can really go on here. I was going to put my notice in next week to leave for a job with the county, but today was the end of it. I could not deal with this place any longer. Just a few months will drive you insane. Half of the employees are incredible, wonderful people. The other half are rude. Elitist. Incompetent. Inter-departmental communication was horrible. No one ever knew what was going on. Every day was literally a stress filled nightmare. If I did not have such lovely medications for anxiety I never would have made it. Save yourself the trouble. Find somewhere else to work. This place will be done in a year at the rate it's going.

Learn to run a successful business. Foster and promote your employees. Do not beat them down and make them feel any more worthless than they already do.

Great place for people who like to work hard.

I have been working at Queensboro Shirt Company

Pros

Queensboro has a casual work environment on the surface. Dress is very casual and everyone is very friendly. There are no doors. It is total open office environment and everyone pretty much sits together from the President of the Company to the newest employee. The people are all very nice and smart but everyone works really hard and there is no place to hide so you can't fake it, which is great as everyone has to pull his or her own weight.

Cons

Change is constant and sometimes the customers can be difficult to deal with so sometimes things get a little unsettling. The work is pretty much non stop, so there is not much down time.

try to keep growing the company bigger so there are more opportunities for everyone!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entrepreneurial Company & Collaborative environment

I have been working at Queensboro Shirt Company

Pros

There is a positive environment at Queensboro, where everyone is very friendly and is very proud of and passionate about the business and what they do. There is positive feedback amongst all employees when someone performs well. It is very interesting and exciting to work in a collaborative environment where all departments work together from logo design to customer service. Dress code is relaxed, and management is very responsive to employees' needs. All employees get to meet together during monthly lunches where we discuss and reflect upon the month's progress and what has been going on in the company. Advancement within and across the company is very common.

Cons

It is at times hard to stay updated with all of the projects and changes within other departments while the job does require careful attention to detail and a lot of hard work. Meanwhile, meetings and interacting with other employees helps to lessen this problem, and we are rewarded for our efforts.

Even further collaboration between departments, as has been done recently, could help to keep everyone on the same page and to increase efficiency.

The best co-workers and advancement opportunities

I have been working at Queensboro Shirt Company

Pros

This company promotes from within – moving employees from entry level positions into management on a regular basis. Also moving to different departments is strongly encouraged – if you show interest and motivation. Queensboro has a really laid back business environment and the dress code is very casual/comfortable. However, the best thing about Queensboro is the people. The co-workers are amazing and always willing to help you with any issue – even outside of work employees tend to become really great friends and support each other. Some of the best friends I have are either current or past Queensboro employees.

Cons

This isn’t an easy job it takes a ton of patience and hard work. There are also customers who can make the job difficult, hectic and stressful at times but it is well worth it- and the people who put in the effort are definitely recognized.

Communication is key. There is a fair amount of inter-departmental communication that needs to continue or even increase. Everyone needs to be aware of what is going on in the other departments.

Loft Atmosphere? Yeah Right!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Queensboro Shirt Company

Pros

Relaxed wear what you want work environment
    Work with people who equally hate their jobs so there is always someone to vent to
    Ability to listen to music while working
    Occasionally get to bring home nice shirts due to horrible embroidery work and customer returns

Cons

“Loft atmosphere” stated in job postings is actually a dumpy warehouse at best
    Dirty, dirty, dirty work environment
    No janitor employed so bathrooms especially get filthy and disgusting
    Old building is part mini-zoo with special attractions being roaches, mice, rats, termites, spiders and other unfavorable creatures
    Layoffs and firings happen on a daily basis
    Owner likes to go on expensive family vacations immediately after terminating a dozen jobs or more
    Lowest wages I have ever experienced
    Advancement in the company happens when your boss is terminated because his/her pay rate got too high and you’re cheaper

I don't have any. Owner will keep doing whatever puts an extra dime in his pocket

Incredible concept...poor execution...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Queensboro Shirt Company

Pros

Laid back work environment, great people, unique business environment, lots of potential for company growth.

Cons

The company is continuously hiring and firing. The business model goes up and down, with no clear direction. Growth is desired, but employees are let go before the opportunity to improve the company has been identified.

Paint a clearer picture of what is desired. Sit down, make a goal, a means, and a plan for the future and share it with those that you expect to take you there. The company concept is great, unfortunately the management is running the business backward with not giving people the chance to grow it.

This is not a foot in the door job, it's a foot in the rear!

Current Employee - Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Queensboro Shirt Company

Pros

The best reason to work for the queensboro shirt company is you can wear whatever you want. there really is no dress code.

Cons

Horrible benefits, they lay off most people after you've been there for a while, lack of communication from management.

Fire senior management and hire someone who knows how to work there!

Worked for Queensboro Shirt Company? Contribute to the Community!