Queensland Health

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Challanging and interesting

Staff Specialist In Medical Oncology (Current Employee) Townsville (Australia)

ProsProfessional satisfaction with an excellent balance of work and life style.

ConsBalance between work and academic teaching can be improved.

It's a very compartmentalized organisation, but the people are good to work with and the perks are great

ProsFlex time, work life balance, ease of getting leave.
    Pays very well.

ConsA lot of bureaucracy and red tape.
    No bonuses or gifts allowed ever.

Registerend Nurse

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Gold Coast (Australia)

ProsDon't take work home with you

ConsNo employee benefits such as, work parties, christmas parties, bonuses etc

Advice to Senior ManagementThank the nurses for putting up with abuse

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Queensland Health

Principal Project Manager (Current Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsThe role is safe and secure with good salary and benefits. Networking is great and it opens up future opportunities in a very large industry that is only growing bigger and bigger.

ConsThere is a lot of bureaucracy and red tape, Queensland Health moves like a glacier - it does change and make headway but altering it's direction is near on impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore incentives for employee training would be great.

improving the health of the community

Project Officer (Former Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsWhile working on clinical IT projects I had some amazing mentors that taught me a lot about project management and how to deliver a successful project. I was also given fantastic training opportunities that have assisted in furthering my career.
    It is also fulfilling to know that you have played a role in improving how health care is delivered to the Queensland community.

ConsBeing a government organisation there is a lot of unnecessary tape to work through which can be frustrating when you want to just get on with the job that needs to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your teams they will give you insight into what may be holding your project back from success.

No loyalty from the employer

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsFlexibility of working hours. Investment in healthcare is at an all time high.

ConsSalary is average. The whole environment is steeped in political cr*p, and efforts to implement ICT systems are fraught with resistance.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect staff more before they all leave for the private sector.

It was OK

Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) Hervey Bay (Australia)

ProsVery centralized in Pharmacy Operations in terms of Pharmacy Software Management & Supply Chain issues.

ConsOffice Politics of course & middle management does not support the employees in understanding their problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the employees problem rather than tightening the noose around their neck.

System admin at qld health

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsWork life balance provided by flex time was great. They also provided extra leave for parents and are very family orientated.

ConsBeing government there is a lot of hoops to jump through to get the simplest of tasks done. Not able to accept any benefits from vendors including free training.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management need to accept the onions of more technical staff when appropriate and not make decisions based solely on lowest cost.

Very Slow

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsChallenging Stakeholders and Complex issues that need resolution

ConsSlow in actioning things and lack of leadership from the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on delivery and not only documentation

Life in QH - Prior to current Government

Senior Administration Officer/Project Officer (Former Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsAs the title suggests, QH had good career opportunities, professional development, leaning and upskilling, and the opportunity to make a real difference and improvement in the care of patients.

ConsLevel of bureaucracy is somewhat frustrating, and ever-changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency and honesty in all dealings with staff is required.

Worked for Queensland Health? Contribute to the Community!