Quest Diagnostics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski

Steve Rusckowski

Pros
  • Good benefits,good salary,lots of training and opportunities for advancement(in 46 reviews)

• The company offers great benefits and salaries are pretty competitive for new hires(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • bad upper management- never did get to see or meet manager for my site(in 19 reviews)

• Work / life balance is way out of whack, working from home means you're available 24 x 7(in 8 reviews)

Going through Times of Change & Instability

Human Resource (Former Employee)

ProsMany employees really care about the company and the patients

ConsToo much change in a short period of time, resulting in low moral and questionable financial health for the company.

Great benefits with annoying bureaucracy.

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsThe benefits are quite good, and many of those you work with are quite willing to help in their area of expertise. Choice of multiple medical plans, nice time off allotment for sickness and vacation.

ConsIT help desk is not helpful. Finding the right person to help is like going on a quest for the holy grail.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't outsource infrastructural IT - if you buy the equipment but rent the management of it, you are no better off than renting the whole set.

Not worth it

Lab Associate I (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsPay is OK, fast paced for the most part if you like that sort of thing

ConsHigh turn over rate, upper management is rude and are more like slave drivers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK, a bit stagnant.

Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay and opportunities to learn skills. Good starter job. Wide variety of project work and potential skill development. Good hours.

ConsThe business unit in Worcester, MA has had management that's been with the company for years. They are very resistant to change and new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to new people, promote people for hard-work, results, and new ideas. STOP promoting people for simply being at the company.

Decent

Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsPeople are great. Benefits are good. Nice office location. Really trying to improve things.

ConsJust a number, poor communication, always changing management/vision. Always doing more with less.

Quest is transitioning towards improved client focus under new president

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReorganization under new leadership is taking company from an internal operations-orientation towards a patient / physician focus. Involves investment in infrastructure changes as well as changes in mind-set of employees through out the company via extensive reorganization. Solid plan tobe a healthier, more client-centric organization.

ConsThe long-standing operations-focused and process-focused thinking may take a while to change, particularly as the infrastructure overhaul may slow progress to effect some of the desired process changes to be more client-friendly.

Quest Diagnostics

ProsThe benefits they offer are great.

ConsDirection company is headed...down-sizing

Opportunities......but you will work hard if you want to be successful

ProsGood benefits and aligned compensation.

ConsOverworked, with no appreciation for work-life balance.

Good job for those that understand corporate structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsGood benefits and incentives as an employee.

ConsA good understanding of office politics are necessary for advancement. Because of the size, sometimes you feel like a commodity.

Restructiring

Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Honestly, that's it. Every time you turn around the company restructures. Its like musical chairs, if you don't happen to live where they move your job or can't relocate your screwed.

ConsRestructuring ALL THE TIME. Leads to lay offs and lives and careers pretty much destroyed by them

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP destroying our lives by restructuring the company every 3 years. We can't all move to where you place our jobs. I was with the company for 16 years, outstanding on last 3 PDRs. and poof, move to Chicago or no job. Also, drop some of the NQA practices. Its way over the top and adding to your testing costs.

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!