Quest Diagnostics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski

Steve Rusckowski

Pros
  • Good benefits,good salary,lots of training and opportunities for advancement(in 47 reviews)

• The company offers great benefits and salaries are pretty competitive for new hires(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • bad upper management- never did get to see or meet manager for my site(in 20 reviews)

• Work / life balance is way out of whack, working from home means you're available 24 x 7(in 9 reviews)

Teleinterviewer I

Tele-interviewer I (Current Employee) Lees Summit, MO

ProsWork from home, hours are reasonable and the management is perfect....I've been with the company almost 2 years and I've enjoyed my time there. It has been a learning experience that I enjoy encountering everyday.

ConsPart time hours are for home workers. However you can work full time on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove you guys

Great company to work for

Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFriendly coworkers and management. Hiring process was pretty straightforward and I started pretty quickly. The pay rate is ok for the area and could be better.

ConsI work the night shift which is rough and it seems that is when a lot of the work gets done. Medical Technologist are stressed so they put pressure on the lower staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management would be to hire more technicians to ensure that the workload can be processed more effectively.

Great/fun

RSR2 (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsI thoroughly enjoyed working for quest. You get to pretty much manage yourself while driving.

ConsThe specimens have to be back at the airport by a specific time, which traffic can make that a problem. There is no 401k with quest either.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd a 401k to your benefits package

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't make any errors or you are OUT

Patient Service Technician II (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood Salary and benefits decent locations to work at

ConsTerrible management, no communication unless you are failing to commit to their policies

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff

Quest has provided opportunities for advnacement and has allowed me o grow.

Management (Current Employee)

ProsThey have good pay and great benefits.

ConsInternal process changes happen quickly and it can be difficult for staff to adjust.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage front line staff more frequently before making changes that affect them.

It was a great learning exoerience

Teleinterviewer (Current Employee) Lees Summit, MO

ProsWork from home....tools to succeed provided

ConsI did not find any thing unpleasant about the company

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be trained better on the positions you are evaluating

Good company

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) West Norriton, PA

ProsThere was an even distribution of the workload

ConsOn-call, consistency of management needs improvement

Sometimes it's better to work for small companies

Physician Account Manager (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsEstablished company, sizable market share, name recognition, national and international presence

ConsDownsizing, little job security, very low pay, poor management, don't value their employees lie about job security

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together stop getting rid of your most promising talent. Throw the buddy system out and reward people based upon their performance.

A great place to work with some setbacks.

Grossing Technician (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe TOP accrual is great and the the pay is competitive. My peers are a great bunch to work with.

ConsMy department has a hard time hiring a good supervisor and almost all of the company sponsored fun stuff happens during the day; the night shift tends to get overlooked a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolved the staff when hiring a supervisor. We have a 90 day period to see if we will work out; so should the managers.

Good Benefits

ProsBenefits and workload is very manageable

ConsTerrible Hours, Mandatory Overtime,

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!