Quest Diagnostics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski

Steve Rusckowski

Pros:
  • "Good benefits and vacation for employees that worked more than 5 years (but not anymore)"
    in 47 reviews
  • "The company offers great benefits and salaries are pretty competitive for new hires"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "bad upper management- never did get to see or meet manager for my site"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Little room for advancement, some supervisors micro-managing"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

awsome

Patient Service Representative-1 (Current Employee)
    Port Orange, FL

Prosvery stable career wih job secerity.

Conshigh volume of stress in the PSC's.

Advice to Senior Managementcompany values

It has been a great experience

Clinical Laboratory Scientist I (Current Employee)
    South Houston, TX

ProsI like the benefits and my peers. lots of diversity.

ConsNo opportunities for real opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more opportunities for continuing education and advancement.

Quest Diagnostics has allowed me to expand my expertise where I want which benefits us both.

ProsFlexible schedule, ability to work at home, allows for personal growth

Conson-call schedule, lack of resources

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never know what the next day will bring.

Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsThe company benefits are excellent with several health insurance plans to choose from. The employees that take care of the day to day workload are wonderful to work with.

ConsCompany values do not pertain to upper management. The atmosphere has been dismal at best regarding the layoffs and restructuring. There does not appear to be a plan other than to take care of disasters as they happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell employees the truth and stop dragging the inevitable on and on.

Corporate office needs an overhaul

Madison, NJ

ProsIt's amazing to be part of a company that does something so great for society. The people doing the work in the labs and offices deserve all the credit, and are very hardworking. The benefits are pretty good and they're starting to implement more health initiatives for employees which is great. The people are very nice and it's not a cutthroat culture.

ConsThe corporate offices are separated into two groups: Those who have been here for 20 or more years, and those who are here 6-18 months. There is a very clear divide. Those who have been here don't want to change and evolve (hence why the technology is so far behind the rest of the world). Those who are new ask themselves what planet they are on within the first week of joining. Quest really needs to get it together and evolve. There is no career advancement or opportunity in many groups, and a lot of hierarchy (even though the CEO tried to eliminate that, many people still talk down to "lower grades"). Some of the managers are absolutely horrible and demeaning, with some yelling at their employees. There is no work-life fit here - managers are "old school" in the sense they believe in face time. You can sit all day and twiddle your thumbs, and as long as you are physically there, they love it. If you're looking for a job you can stay in forever and just "get by", this is certainly the place. If you're looking to be in an innovative place, with people who want to be part of the growth and success, you won't stay long.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. You should look at middle management (L3s/L4s) and do an overhaul. There are people in those roles that are completely incompetent. It all stems from the top down - the reason so many people have left is because of the management. There is a lot of talk about higher performing teams and a collaborative culture, but that's certainly not the case in Madison.

Going down

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits still good. Great training programs

ConsSome of the sites are very busy and understaffed. Group leads in some areas not supporting needs of employees and acting without respect to hardworking employees with supervisor approval. Quest have unfair practice with promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis year we did not have yearly survey for all employees so it looks like high level of management do not care about what going on in front line and how employees treated by supervisors.

Questionable future..

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsQuest gave me the opportunity to learn a lot during my tenure. Compensation and benefits were fair (but expect them to continue to decline).

ConsA company in transition and all the pain that comes with it-job insecurity, outsourcing, reduction in benefits, do more with less.... Work-life balance varies by role and department. Don't expect support for upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking out only for yourselves.

A nice balance....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsQuest gave me the ability to understand things from the employer as well as the employee point of view. It is something I will always appreciate. I came to be an asset, but I also came to absorb.

ConsI really didn't have any cons except the basic office politics. These values weren't from the company, but of coworkers.

Time to move on

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsBenefits and vacation time are good. Fellow co workers are good people to work with

ConsOverall pay is horrible. For all the work and pressure that phlebotomists are put under I expected a lot more. Although I love my job, the pay is not sitting well with me. Not only are we under pressure from patients, but also our management from getting our "daily draws" (we are expected to draw a certain amount of people a day), keep wait times 2o minutes and under, etc. You really can't help but feel pressure and like you're walking on eggshells when you get back an "error'. You really do not feel like you are appreciated at work and are given back more negative feedback from management than positive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions seem like they happen if you're with the company for a looooong period of time. Benefits and vacation are wonderful; I can' complain about that

Phlebotomist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshands on training, helpful staff, caring people, patient facing position. I enjoyed working with everyone there. Great online system

ConsLack of new technology, very old school way of doing things, there is no specific trainer, you are just thrown into the work

Worked for Quest Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quest Diagnostics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski. All 425 reviews posted anonymously by Quest Diagnostics employees.