Quest Diagnostics Reviews

Reset
2.0
Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski
Steve Rusckowski

Pros
  • Good benefits that include education reimbursement (in 59 reviews)

• Great benefits with flexible PTO plan (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Don't expect support for upper management (in 27 reviews)

• In some areas of the laboratory there is no work life balance (in 13 reviews)

1. Quest diagnostics

Former Employee - Medical Technologist
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The stress level is very low Nice benefits package Neat and organized workplace Larger company

Cons

If you are a new Tech, it is not a good place to start. They do not provide proper training for you to succeed. You may also lose self-steem about the your career because of this. If you are desperate for a job, it is ok to work there. Management is fine but they just toss you in the lab and never follow up with you. The professional quality of employees is also very poor. The pay is poor compared to other labs. The classdoor salary is not acurate. At quest lab people do not respect each other. Some employees can be trashy, unrespectful ,and unprofessional especially in chemistry area .keep this in mind & keep your cool.

Advice to Management

Train new employees properly. Ask them how they are doing. Do not spy on employees instead talk to them face-face. I left your company because you did not provide the proper training I needed to do the job, you never followed up how I was doing on the job. I spent most of my time there looking for another job.

2. Quest Diagnostics

Current Employee - Service Representative in Belmont, NC
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Belmont, NC

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom to do your work while out in field. Time off policy is generous.

Cons

Lack of consistency with management. Negative work environment.

3. Small company with big problems

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Pros

A great group of folks to work with and lead. The staff always put in their best. The staff in place when I started was of high quality.

Cons

Total disconnect from the customer we were trying to serve and the product. In my five years of employment, our Product Manager met with maybe five customers.

Advice to Management

Set the proper expectations with everyone and improve the lines of communications at all levels.

5. it is good to work there but the supervisor are questionable.

Current Employee - Lab Associate II in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Lab Associate II in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good place to work for

Cons

Bad hours, supervisors and group leads are either trying are out to looking for their advantages, like promotions. They are don't look out for their employees who harder then their supervisors.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the present supervisors and replace it with someone from outside.

6. Phlebotomist

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics part-time

Pros

Nice company to work for

Cons

Lay offs at this company

7. Not crazy about Quest

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Mason, OH

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started my employment with Quest it was originally MedPlus. I enjoyed the company and felt that it really valued its employees. The co workers were excellent and it had a very laid back feel to it.

Cons

Once Quest bought the company, new measures were put into place that really made working there unbearable. We were measured on everything and I felt that there was little room to enjoy your job anymore. The management team had no communication and the "Our New Quest" program did not promote a healthy work environment any more. Quest is going through major layoffs and is not doing well overall. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees more, respect them. Too many managers have a superiority complex.

8. No leadership

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are willing to help you when you start. Good PTO time. Management is willing to work out exceptional circumstances for PTO used on same day in same department

Cons

Tooooo much nepotism within this location. Favorites are played and people have landed management jobs without the proper degree. Too much administrative work is dispersed on other departments. There is A huge lack of leadership as well as communication between the departments. There is often no management on site and employees are made to make decisions because there's no one higher up to ask. Then they get ridiculed for these decisions. The backlash is more of a public shaming then anything else. There's no professionalism in that area.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what you asked them to do, especially if it's part of your job

9. Stat courier

Former Employee - Route Driver/Stat Driver in Palm Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Route Driver/Stat Driver in Palm Springs, CA

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy, independent, an basically you supervise yourself. You get a new company car, cell phone to use while working for the company.. Uniforms we're supplied by them, an you actually received 5 sets of uniforms. Lastly the Benefits were the Best at that time, they'd match dollar for dollar on your 401K, then they also had Stock options...

Cons

Office politics were bad, bullying each other, certain employees were given preference on things, fraternizing ran rapid in my department.. Many times I was harassed by the Males , an one female.. I felt as if I were back in high school at times or Hell , or a combination of both ... Trust me, if they didn't like you, then you were OUT..!!! In one way or another, certain employees would sabotage a patients specimen, to get the one employee they wanted out, out... Other tactics used to get their Non Favorite employees out would be to Harass the Hell out of them either Sexually, by Bullying, Drama, Lies... You name it an it was done.. I'd cry my eyes out many days when I new I had to get up and go to work ...

10. Solid pay, slow work

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time

Pros

Starting pay and benefits along with corporate office facilities

Cons

Slow and quiet working environment and poor communication with management/supervisors.

11. Downhill fast

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paid time off, some of the people you work with are great, several employees have been with the company for quite a few years

Cons

Paid time off is good only if you're able to get it-very hard to do, big turn over rate with newer emplyees, Management has changed drastically the last few years-not in a good way, no recognition is given to employees like the system was put in place to do, way under paid! Very small increase in pay, if any, with annual reviews, used to be an employee conscience company-now it's all about the numbers! The benefits have began to decline more and more with higher costs! No room to advance in certain positions.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees and not numbers all the time, pay them what they're worth instead of slapping them in the face with a temp who makes almost the same hourly that has no experience, stop making all these drastic changes-they're not working, push to have supervisors recognize employees hard work and commitment to the company, help your employees with these health benefits since we're not paid much hourly!

RSS Feed </> Embed